Ice Station Zebra

THE DEVILS ARE ON A 10 GAME WIN STREAK!

zL32Jnz.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

ih8lZdm.jpg

zzSwe9z.jpg

DEVILS (13-3-0) at LEAFS (9-5-3)

Head-to-Head:

The Devils and Leafs meet for the first time this season, as New Jersey takes on another Canadian opponent.

Last season the Leafs won all three matchups with New Jersey, outscoring the Devils by a 16 to 7 margin.

Devils Team Scope:
The Devils take their longest win streak since the 2005-06 season into Scotiabank Place in Toronto. After defeating the Canadiens 5-1 on Tuesday, the Devils improved to 6-0-0 against Canadian teams early this season.

Vitek Vanecek returned to the Devils lineup after sitting out the previous game for precautionary reasons and returned in fine form making 25 saves on 26 shots and a .962 save percentage.

Dougie Hamilton had an unassisted goal against Montreal and an assist to extend his point streak to five games (3G, 4A), while Jack Hughes had a two-goal night. The Devils are 6-0-0 this season when Hughes scores a goal.

Leafs Team Scope:
The Leafs are coming off of a 5-2 victory against the Pittsburgh Penguins, a game where captain John Tavares scored his 400th career goal. Toronto goaltender Matt Murray returned to the Leafs crease for the first time since suffering an adductor injury on Oct. 15. He made 35 saves in his return.

The Leafs are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games, while over their last five-game stretch Mitch Marner leads the club with six points. Over that same span, William Nylander leads the Leafs in goals with three.

By the Numbers:
The last time that the Devils won at Toronto was on Oct. 11, 2017, in a 6-3 win.

Hughes leads the Devils with 15 PTS (6g-9a) since the team's 10-game winning streak began on Oct. 25, at Detroit.

Injuries:

Devils

Blackwood (Knee - MCL sprain - IR)
Bernier (Hip - LTIR)
Palat (Groin surgery - IR)

Leafs
Brodie (Oblique - IR)
Muzzin (Cervical spine - IR)
Samsonov (knee)

HrgWP8w.jpg

sF0Pl2T.png

RjvDVne.png

pb8NQdv.gif

fWyk3g6.png

IpoL8RI.png

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Big game tonight! Guys did 10 straight and I’m satisfied. Win or lose we got a good squad, but we can definitely hang with the Leafs this year. Give me a good effort and I’ll be happy.

LGD!!

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I don't ever want the streak to end. I want them to just push on through for the next 60+ games and then sweep the playoffs with 16w.
It's not much to ask considering what we've been through.

I remember getting giddy for Hall, and nuts when we drafted Nico, and bonkers when we got Jack. I even was more than mildly pleased when we nabbed PK.

But *this*!

It's happening. We are like a pretty good team.

Even if the wheels fall off, we will always have Paris.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I would rather see Haula moved back up to the line with Hughes and Bratt - in large part so that line can win a faceoff. Hughes was 0 for 6 last game and is just 35.4% for his career, while Sharangovich and Bratt are also below 40% on draws.

Nico (58.5%), Haula (60.5%) and McLeod (60.5%) have all been fantastic at faceoffs this season - so refreshing considering how long this team has been putrid in the dot. Boqvist (42.9%) and Mercer (41.9%) both have some work to do, but having 3 of your 4 lines dominating on faceoffs is a very nice perk.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I would rather see Haula moved back up to the line with Hughes and Bratt - in large part so that line can win a faceoff. Hughes was 0 for 6 last game and is just 35.4% for his career, while Sharangovich and Bratt are also below 40% on draws.

Nico (58.5%), Haula (60.5%) and McLeod (60.5%) have all been fantastic at faceoffs this season - so refreshing considering how long this team has been putrid in the dot. Boqvist (42.9%) and Mercer (41.9%) both have some work to do, but having 3 of your 4 lines dominating on faceoffs is a very nice perk.
We don't know what the lines are yet, I just threw up the ones we had mid game after they moved Haula down. They also had Mercer with Jack after they switched things up.

Reactions: HBK27

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
This strikes me as a big special teams affair and they cash in on a bunch of bullshit PPs and we lose despite clearly outplaying them.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Really spreading the wealth. I kinda like it.

Still waiting to Bahl and/or Holtz to get back in. I get it, 10 game winning streak, so why make a change like that. But still, two young guys that need to be playing whether it’s in the NHL or the AHL. Especially Holtz

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Still waiting to Bahl and/or Holtz to get back in. I get it, 10 game winning streak, so why make a change like that. But still, two young guys that need to be playing whether it’s in the NHL or the AHL. Especially Holtz
same. the thing with holtz is really getting ridiculous. i’m sure he’s getting a lot of practice in, but there’s no substitute for playing actual games, here or in the minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest