GDT: Devils @ Maple Leafs 7:00 MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I like Nasreddine. Maybe he’s not fit to be the coach, whatever, but he’s very insightful when he speaks and my impression of him is that he’s really trying to make the most of the opportunity and not just be a placeholder. I respect that. If the team manages to finish with a respectable record, I’d like to see them keep him in some capacity.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was the one player that Lou got rid of after he allegedly showed up to practice one morning really drunk.

Deron Quint.

It took me a minute to think of his name. He was a nobody though and his career ended with him being a nobody.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Nasreddine. Maybe he’s not fit to be the coach, whatever, but he’s very insightful when he speaks and my impression of him is that he’s really trying to make the most of the opportunity and not just be a placeholder. I respect that. If the team manages to finish with a respectable record, I’d like to see them keep him in some capacity.
I don't think he was as bad as an assistant and most thought he was.

Our PK was also usually very good since he's been here and I'm pretty sure he coached the PK every year he's been here and until his promotion.

Oddly enough, our PK started out terribly this year and drastically improved fairly recently, which seemed to almost coincide with his promotion to head coach, when I think Peter Horachek took over as the PK guy.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Goal review:
1st period
- Coleman gets a good feed from Gusev at 15:10 and Andersen saves it
- Zajac faceoff, Severson shoots it into shin pads, which leads to turnover, retreat and subsequent icing
- face off win, pass back to Rasmus Sundin, shot from the blue line, tipped by Tavares from middle slot
- Butcher screws up a puck headed towards the Devils zone then loses a board battle with Spezza
- Gauthier is circling from the corner back to the middle of the ice when the puck squirts out to him
- He gathers and beats Domingue with a wrister
- Power play, Sundin releases another shot from the blue line and Hyman deflects it
- failures to clear but a hell of a tip down from Zach

2nd period
- domingue tries to pass it up the board...video froze, but I think everyone flew the zone expecting an exit
- Simons not handlin a bound, tip from Nylander
- poor d coverage from Subban and Greene
- Power play, marner to matthews planned tip
- Lou with a pretty open short side

3rd period
- absolutely disappearing act from defense
- Hischier maybe gassed?
- 2 men go one man, mismatched coverage and easy one-timer
- Vats with a shit pass leads to a turnover and easy Matthews ENG

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Zacha just disappoints me more and more. He didn't even look good on the PK.

I think it's time to start calling kids up from the minors. I just can't stand looking at Simmonds, Hayden, and Rooney anymore.

Reactions: deflowd

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Our blueline is also clearly not talented enough. If they don’t play with decent defensive structure they are going to have lots of problems, especially against a team like this.

Butcher needs to be a third pairing guy at best and everyone else needs to be gone.

I think Butcher is the one who should be gone. He skates like me and doesn't have enough positive impact.

Reactions: theoptimist

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Zacha just disappoints me more and more. He didn't even look good on the PK.

I think it's time to start calling kids up from the minors. I just can't stand looking at Simmonds, Hayden, and Rooney anymore.
Does Bingo's year end before ours? I ask because I'd wait until they were done. Don't want them losing out on major development minutes down in Bingo.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Does Bingo's year end before ours? I ask because I'd wait until they were done. Don't want them losing out on major development minutes down in Bingo.

Bingo's season is over. The big team's season is over. I have no problem with Joey Anderson coming up here and playing on the 3rd line for a stretch.

Throw the kid out there and see what can do. Give him another taste. Then bring the next guy in.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think he was as bad as an assistant and most thought he was.

Our PK was also usually very good since he's been here and I'm pretty sure he coached the PK every year he's been here and until his promotion.

Oddly enough, our PK started out terribly this year and drastically improved fairly recently, which seemed to almost coincide with his promotion to head coach, when I think Peter Horachek took over as the PK guy.

Yeah I think we were too hard on Nas. We definitely were too hard on Ward.

Hynes looks like the king dumbass

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bingo's season is over. The big team's season is over. I have no problem with Joey Anderson coming up here and playing on the 3rd line for a stretch.

Throw the kid out there and see what can do. Give him another taste. Then bring the next guy in.

Their season is not over. They are in a huge hole, but they also are on fire.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI

I meant literally, not figuratively

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s refreshing to see that the loss tonight was just a loss and not symptomatic of a systemically sick team. They pushed back and didn’t completely fold. Yes it was mostly Coleman’s line but Nico showed some hustle and a few others as well. As long as they give a good effort they will head in the right direction.

Reactions: Dialamo

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
The AHL regular season usually finishes a week or so after the NHL regular season
Okay, then leave them down there unless top 9 minutes open. The only spot there that could open is Simmonds. Then you make the decision to bring up Bastian, Anderson or Mikey McLeod.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Anyone that wants to extend Vatanen has fruitcake between their ears. Hope we can get a second for him.
He really isn’t that good and is made of glass. He will not be worth his next contract, that’s a virtual certainty.

EOLv3SlX4AMZKl8

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I think we were too hard on Nas. We definitely were too hard on Ward.

Hynes looks like the king dumbass

Even more so when you see Subban producing now and that stupid 23-game scoreless streak mostly under Hynes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad