Pre-Game Talk: Devils (M2) vs. Canes (M1), ECSF.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm thrilled with the season
That being said, anyone who watched game7 09 still has some demons to exorcise

I still firmly believe we can and will win this series.

Game 1 was always going to be tough dealing with the emotional and physical hangover of Game 7 while the Canes were fully rested.

Was made all the worse with no Timo and the refs being blind morons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is anything certain about Timo being back? It took Pavelski 15 days after getting gonged.

Nothing certain. Ruff said he is doing better but is game to game.

ESPN reported he isn't dealing with concussion symptoms so the guess is he was still in a lot of pain and his nose was still swollen up so he couldn't breath right

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is anything certain about Timo being back? It took Pavelski 15 days after getting gonged.
Pavelski at least appeared to be a whole lot worse. Timo has already skated with the team at the morning skate yesterday. It doesn’t appear there was a practice or skate of any kind at all today.

I’m shocked Pavelski is back. I fully expected him to miss the remainder of the playoffs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pavelski at least appeared to be a whole lot worse. Timo has already skated with the team at the morning skate yesterday. It doesn’t appear there was a practice or skate of any kind at all today.

I’m shocked Pavelski is back. I fully expected him to miss the remainder of the playoffs.

Was wearing a contact jersey too

Reactions: Bleedred

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Right on man, thanks. I'm so happy he has that big block head. More surface area.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

He must not have seen the gif by now

Hoping Wood can play without taking all of the penalties. I would have kept him in, so nice to see him back.

The BMW line was the best 4th line in hockey by a mile in the regular season.

1683261729047.png

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Hoping Wood can play without taking all of the penalties. I would have kept him in, so nice to see him back.

The BMW line was the best 4th line in hockey by a mile in the regular season.

View attachment 703165

no one wants to get scratched esp during the playoffs. it was warranted to take him out and putting him back in the lineup was the right thing to do also.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
anyone notice the amount of days off in the TOR-FLA series as compared to ours? We started later and will have played game 7 (if there is one) before they are scheduled for game 6 lol how does that make sense? I know arena availability plays into it but yeah

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
anyone notice the amount of days off in the TOR-FLA series as compared to ours? We started later and will have played game 7 (if there is one) before they are scheduled for game 6 lol how does that make sense? I know arena availability plays into it but yeah
Florida may have a month off at this rate if Samsonov keeps doing his best John Gillies impersonation.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Didn't Edmonton and Vegas play on Wed also... why do they have 2 days in between games while the Devs and Canes play every other day right through the series? It sucks... an extra day of rest would do wonders..

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Didn't Edmonton and Vegas play on Wed also... why do they have 2 days in between games while the Devs and Canes play every other day right through the series? It sucks... an extra day of rest would do wonders..
I think the NHL announced that they were to play Wednesday and Friday like we are. The NHL decided to move the Friday game. which caused alot issues for Oiler fans who had already booked flights to and from Vegas.

According to the Sun the switch to Saturday was likely due to booking at Rogers Place. Country music star Shania Twain is performing concerts Friday and Saturday in Edmonton. A person with direct knowledge of the thinking told the Sun that ice conditions would not have been sufficient for Game 3 on Sunday.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I think the NHL announced that they were to play Wednesday and Friday like we are. The NHL decided to move the Friday game. which caused alot issues for Oiler fans who had already booked flights to and from Vegas.

According to the Sun the switch to Saturday was likely due to booking at Rogers Place. Country music star Shania Twain is performing concerts Friday and Saturday in Edmonton. A person with direct knowledge of the thinking told the Sun that ice conditions would not have been sufficient for Game 3 on Sunday.

The switch had to do with Sportsnet, Hockey Night in Canada and the Leafs/Panthers series. The Leafs/Panthers series was supposed to be Saturday Night, but the Panthers objected as the Heat play the Knicks at home that afternoon. Last year the Panthers/Lightning series went on the same dates as the Heat playoffs series and the Panthers vocally complained. The league threw them a bone and moved that series to Sunday. That left a hole in the schedule for Saturday and the league needed to give SN a Canadian team for Hockey Night. Thus Vegas/Edmonton got moved to Saturday.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
The fact they have packed it in every single game they lost in the playoffs so far is quite honestly so disappointing.

Reactions: NJDevs26

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ranger hangover is real, we haven't looked ready or prepared.
It looks more than preparation. It looks like they are up against a team who is nearly as fast but bigger, stronger and willing to throw the body whenever they can. I don't think our top 9 has a solution for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad