Pre-Game Talk: Devils (M2) vs. Canes (M1), ECSF.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Who is stepping up for Game 2 GDT? Need a good one

iu

I'm 0-1 these playoffs I can't

I’ll do it
All done. Will post at midnight

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
View attachment 702871
I certainly appreciate the smoke and mirrors, fools gold optimism here. Rawly may be a bunch of jerks, but they sure aren't a bunch of chokers like the Rags.

I may have overrated the Rags coming into that series. They just couldn't get it done for the second year in a row after being up 2-0 to start a series. I'm a big fan of Gallant, but I think the message may be stale and they may be tuning him out. Hopefully he survives the choke job or that could be the break the Rags need to get over the hump next year.

Rawly have a ton more heart than those choking Rags. They also faced a much tougher opponent in round one in NYb, who aren't a bunch of chokers that have tuned their HC out already. Rawly just absolutely refuses to lose to the NJD in the playoffs the last 3 times now. Not since the Latvian midget Errbay manned the crease with his ancient pads that went up to his ears.

While I'm very much willing to admit I was wrong on the Rags series, remember I did say Rags in 5. I fully expected the NJD to win a game against them, but that won't be the case with Rawly. Get the brooms out for the first time in our history, unfortunately. This series won't see Rawly again after tomorrow night.

Book it
Comon Now! We win game 2 👍

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Absolutely amazing the difference in the mood here compared to game 1 against the Rangers. Seems like everyone had the weight lifted off their shoulders winning the last series.

You know man - you amongst others were talking about gravy...

Beating the Rags once we got to the playoffs was a requirement. I really love the way this season went, and that series was a cherry on top.

That said, LOVE gravy and we should go all the way and win the cup, because you never know when you'll be back.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

Beating the Rags once we got to the playoffs was a requirement. I really love the way this season went, and that series was a cherry on top.

That said, LOVE gravy and we should go all the way and win the cup, because you never know when you'll be back.
f*** one serving of gravy…I want the whole damn gravy boat.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

f*** one serving of gravy…I want the whole damn gravy boat.
IMG_8064.jpeg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Will the devils ever have enough of a fan presence to have fans watching the game outside like leafs and other teams? Can call it the Devil’s Triangle

Reactions: FooteBahl

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Will the devils ever have enough of a fan presence to have fans watching the game outside like leafs and other teams? Can call it the Devil’s Triangle

They definitely could, but the fan experience around the team is pretty poor. They rather ship the work out to bars then host something themselves.

Imagine the arena being pretty busy doesn't help matters

Reactions: NJDevs26

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i don’t know if there are enough fans in the immediate area. Ill drive 45-60 minutes to watch a live game. I won’t do so to watch on a screen.

Need more Devils fans in the city proper and the surrounding cities

I could see it happening eventually.

Reactions: HBK27

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021

I cant stand moral victories. So everything in me says put the Rangers out of my mind and BEAT THE CANES.

But I just cant shake it. I wont admit to myself that if we lose this series I'll still be happy-- but Im fighting hard against that feeling. I was a massive Devils fan '90ish-'00ish until grad school and moving around the country forced me out of it. Then I came back hard in Jack's rookie year.

So that win Monday exorcised some serious 1994 demons for me and I cant shake the great feeling of that win.

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I cant stand moral victories. So everything in me says put the Rangers out of my mind and BEAT THE CANES.

But I just cant shake it. I wont admit to myself that if we lose this series I'll still be happy-- but Im fighting hard against that feeling. I was a massive Devils fan '90ish-'00ish until grad school and moving around the country forced me out of it. Then I came back hard in Jack's rookie year.

So that win Monday exercised some serious 1994 demons for me and I cant shake the great feeling of that win.

Devils checked off a lot of boxes this season and playoffs. obviously that doesn’t mean I’m happy if we lose this round next round or cup final. But the canes are a pretty good team it would be different if we lost to say the islanders

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
View attachment 702871
I certainly appreciate the smoke and mirrors, fools gold optimism here. Rawly may be a bunch of jerks, but they sure aren't a bunch of chokers like the Rags.

I may have overrated the Rags coming into that series. They just couldn't get it done for the second year in a row after being up 2-0 to start a series. I'm a big fan of Gallant, but I think the message may be stale and they may be tuning him out. Hopefully he survives the choke job or that could be the break the Rags need to get over the hump next year.

Rawly have a ton more heart than those choking Rags. They also faced a much tougher opponent in round one in NYb, who aren't a bunch of chokers that have tuned their HC out already. Rawly just absolutely refuses to lose to the NJD in the playoffs the last 3 times now. Not since the Latvian midget Errbay manned the crease with his ancient pads that went up to his ears.

While I'm very much willing to admit I was wrong on the Rags series, remember I did say Rags in 5. I fully expected the NJD to win a game against them, but that won't be the case with Rawly. Get the brooms out for the first time in our history, unfortunately. This series won't see Rawly again after tomorrow night.

Book it
Sorry DD but you are way off base. MBITWGITNHL. That stands for McKenzie Blackwood is the winningest goalie in the NHL. He is going to shut down thr Canes with his quick reflexes expert positioning and cool demeanor. Maybe the Canes get two if they are lucky. Once Blackwood shuts the door it won’t be a long series. Rawly does a lot of things right but there is no substitute for consistent reliable goaltending.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Devils checked off a lot of boxes this season and playoffs. obviously that doesn’t mean I’m happy if we lose this round next round or cup final. But the canes are a pretty good team it would be different if we lost to say the islanders

How competitive we look matters to I think. If we get tossed in 5 games looking like Game 1, that would be very disappointing.

But a back and forth long series, I can't get too mad about it if we come up short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad