Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs Part II | Smells Like Teen Spirit [PGT starts page 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Marner, what elite vision...bank-pass off NJ goalie's pad to JVR for the 3rd goal :laugh:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The 5 on 3 was stupid but we held our own. Glad to see the team put up some run support for McElhinney after that brutal opening goal.

We're watching the core grow right in front of us, what an awesome time to be a Leafs fan.

But, but...some folks think the kids should wet the bed, tank and lose so that we could get another bottom 5 pick...also, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs because we're not injured enough...:laugh:

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Not a lot of talent? Are people forgetting that Brown is a rookie? This is his first season in the NHL. Most players don't come into the league like Matthews, Marner and Nylander. These guys are the absolute exception, not the rule. MNM are ELITE, but that doesn't make Brown a poor player. He's great.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
leivo continues to make plays in the offensive end and get points...but he also continues very rarely make plays in the neutral and defensive zone, he really doesnt forecheck and engage players well due to his speed...babs really doesnt trust him when we're up

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
NJ needs to get some support for Hall. He was a total non-factor tonight.

OverDrive made a great point about him yesterday - Hes becoming completely obscure in NJ. You barely hear a peep about him.

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
Connor Brown's talent with the puck is top 5 or 6 on the team.

He has excellent offensive skills for a secondary scorer on the 3rd line.

I wouldn't go that far. At this point, there's at least 7 guys ahead of him in terms of puck skill (no particular order):

Marner
Nylander
Matthews
Kadri
Gardiner
Rielly
JVR

But I do agree that he's got real good skills for a third liner. Hard not to love Connor Bardown

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

He had a fantastic game, probably his best all year.

Showed a lot of poise with the puck tonight. Checking back, rather than firing things off the glass or to nowhere in the middle of the ice. Used his speed to defend as seen on this play, as well as the one vs. Wood.

TheFuturist

Jul 2, 2010
Toronto, ON
Connor Brown's talent with the puck is top 5 or 6 on the team.

He has excellent offensive skills for a secondary scorer on the 3rd line.

Not too sure I agree with this, nice little player for sure, especially for a 6th round pick. Has a bit of an underrated shot and some excellent work ethic, but in terms of skill with the puck:

1) Nylander
2) Matthews
3) Marner
4) Gardiner
5) JVR
6) Kadri
7) Rielly
8) Lievo
8) Soshnikov/Bozak/Brown

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
leivo continues to make plays in the offensive end and get points...but he also continues very rarely make plays in the neutral and defensive zone, he really doesnt forecheck and engage players well due to his speed...babs really doesnt trust him when we're up

Exactly! Fourth lines ideally should be operating in the opposite end of their own ice to gain more ice time, spent more time in their own end tonight. Can't have three slugs on the same line - someone has to put pressure on the opposing D as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad