Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs - MONDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
That Ottawa game scares me as much as the Boston one does. Ottawa is playing solid hockey right now despite missing their key cogs, their goaltending is sick and their games are being won by 1 goal. It's going to be a tough test, and we need Kessel to put his big girl panties on and get back to his 11/12 self from last year.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Key to winning vs. the Devils: Keep DeBoer distracted at all times.

1161962034.gif

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
That Ottawa game scares me as much as the Boston one does. Ottawa is playing solid hockey right now despite missing their key cogs, their goaltending is sick and their games are being won by 1 goal. It's going to be a tough test, and we need Kessel to put his big girl panties on and get back to his 11/12 self from last year.

Ottawa is quite the annoying team to play right now.

They're like the Penguins of 2011, missing all their top players so they play a really tight-checking, grinder game. It works because they have a lot of AHL bodies who are big and strong enough to sustain that kind of pressure. It's pure grinder hockey and it can be quite boring to watch too.

We need to win at least one of those back-to-back games, if not both, or at least obtain 3 out of 4 pts.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Ottawa is quite the annoying team to play right now.

They're like the Penguins of 2011, missing all their top players so they play a really tight-checking, grinder game. It works because they have a lot of AHL bodies who are big and strong enough to sustain that kind of pressure. It's pure grinder hockey and it can be quite boring to watch too.

We need to win at least one of those back-to-back games, if not both, or at least obtain 3 out of 4 pts.

how many shootouts have they gone since Karlsson injury.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd expect Reimer to get the start. Disappointed in not seeing Brodeur, any idea who starts in his place?

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
If they come up and play flat like they did in the last several games, even without Brodeur we will lose this game. Kessel line (including him) needs to step up and JVR needs to show more interest in driving to the net. I hope Frattin can play (if he is 100 %healthy).

GO LEAFS GO !!!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Any word on Frattin yet?

I don't expect him to play. Carlyle hinted that his legs didn't seem to be 100% ready at yesterdays practice.

We'll see at the morning practice. We won't know probably until game time.

I'd keep him fresh and a bit more healed for the Wednesday game. There's no big rush to bring him back as much as he'd be an upgrade on the "third" line.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Got to think Deboer will pay more attention to the Kadri line, leaving the Grabo line with reduced checking. It's going to be interesting to see how RC match lines, but the Grabo line has to start chipping in with more attention on Kessel and Kadri's lines now.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't expect him to play. Carlyle hinted that his legs didn't seem to be 100% ready at yesterdays practice.

We'll see at the morning practice. We won't know probably until game time.

I'd keep him fresh and a bit more healed for the Wednesday game. There's no big rush to bring him back as much as he'd be an upgrade on the "third" line.

Yeah, we need everyone healthy down the stretch, best not to rush anyone unless we absolutely suck against the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce