Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs - MONDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
I hate games at the ACC. Again, I dont know what to expect for this game, Leafs have been flat and sloppy last few games.. need to step it up man. Hope Kadri continues to shine.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Lets hope its not Kadri v/s Devils but Leafs v/s Devils.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
The Leafs desperately needed some time off. Looks like Frattin will be in the lineup tonight - couple that with the Devils recent woes and I think the Leafs win handily tonight. Payback for that game last year when we go "Monstered".

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
First time this season the Leafs are coming off back to back poor performances by both goaltenders.

It's imperative that Reimer plays well tonight.

The Hutch

May 1, 2010
New Westminster, BC
5651285.bin

This x1000 please. Crush the Devils!

Can't wait for Frattin to make his return. Hopefully he's ready to go tonight. If not, we'll see him soon.

No Brodeur, but Hedberg's more than capable. Hopefully we get on Moose early, and really start to turn around what should be our home ice advantage.

Kyle Doobas*

Wow, glancing at some stats and Brodeur is really not good against the Leafs. Wish he was playing.

Stats: 51GP 22W 18L 3OT .903 2.58GAA
He has a way of going full Gustavsson whenever he's played us in recent years. He'll make two or three miraculous stops on Kessel, but then lets in a couple floaters from the top of the circles or something.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I'm glad the leafs had a 3 day break, they needed a step back and cool off, because they were beginning to go off the rails these past 3-4 games. I love that Carlyle took all day Saturday to meet with everyone and to point what they were doing right and what they badly need to correct, shows that Carlye has a good and open rapport with his players.

As for the game, I have no clue what to expect. Leafs typically come off sluggish after a layover, and they tend to be brutal at home espically in years past. However, I think Carlyle has the team on a tight leash and won't allow too many 'meh" nights from this club, so I can just as easily see the leafs coming out swinging tonight.... alot depends on who scores the 1st goal of the two teams.

SteveV*

I really think this mini break came at perfect time for Leafs, we needed a reset!

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I really think this mini break came at perfect time for Leafs, we needed a reset!
Couldn't agree more. The boys were clearly getting tired due to the schedule and it allowed some time for the injured guys to rest up a bit with less pressure. I think Reimer benefited from a game and some time off to make the necessary adjustments as well.

Hopefully Frattin plays tonight but only if he's ready and confident to come back. I hope we come out flying.

Kyle Doobas*

Need lots of quick, short, crisp passes to break out of our zone or the Devils' forwards are going to eat us alive. We've had all kinds of trouble containing an aggressive forecheck lately, and once you start getting hemmed into your own zone, you get fatigued, you take penalties and the game can quickly get away from you.... all from neglecting to make that simple play to get out of your own end.

Hopefully after the three-day break, this can be something of a 'back to the basics' game for us. Bodies to the net and throw lots of shots at Hedberg! GLG.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveV*

Really want to see Kessel bring something, he looked really bad last couple games, thought we were behind that lethargic play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad