GDT: Devils @ Islanders, 7:30 PM, Apocalypse Now

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Great game tonight. If we play like this every night we can be a great team. Only thing I would tweak is bench Smith for Bahl. Also I'm guessing Holtz is done for now? If we're not going to utilize him might as well send him down. Pointless having him ride the bench.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hell of a game. Mac made a couple good saves, but he still looks super sloppy to me. The rest of the team maybe sans Smith and Graves looked solid.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Even if he was, the Devils would've had trouble putting together this roster giving him 8.

They got Siegenthaler signed long-term and Hughes as well, can't get everyone.
his agent could also think that 1 more year of elite production + more clarity on the league's salary cap would get Bratt way more money than just signing a long term deal the past off season.
Yeah, it's just conjecture but I'm assuming there might be some reluctance on our behalf, which I think would be baffling.

I'll admit to bias. I have believed this kid was a special player from the first preseason in '17, and I guess I've found it odd that he needs to keep proving himself to portions of the fanbase and quite possibly management.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Looks like Nico Bratt Palat are clicking. Jack has looked pretty damn good , I’d just like to get him a winger that is more dynamic. Mercer has been good but I’d like to see Shara get on a hot streak.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, it's just conjecture but I'm assuming there might be some reluctance on our behalf, which I think would be baffling.

I'll admit to bias. I have believed this kid was a special player from the first preseason in '17, and I guess I've found it odd that he needs to keep proving himself to portions of the fanbase and quite possibly management.

This cuts in both directions, as I've said on here before, the person who did the most public work showing that players drafted low are underpaid and players drafted high are overpaid now works for the Devils. Imagine if the Devils had signed him for e.g. 5 years/4.5m AAV in 2021 as we thought would've been a fair price.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He’s definitely not welcome back until we lose. The mods have to be firm on that, there could be greater forces at here.

After that I don’t care.

Seems like an extreme step to me, but maybe it will lower the level of drama here. There were times when his overwrought posting made me want to DM him with a "dude, are you ok?"

Reactions: OmNomNom and HBK27

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He’s definitely not welcome back until we lose. The mods have to be firm on that, there could be greater forces at here.

After that I don’t care.
He's here, already has a new name. Only posted a couple times, I think he just wanted to get a start date in, go silent and then will come back in a month or two when he's not a "fresh account." I'll remember though.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
What a frigging terrific game. Might have been my favorite game from MacLeod. Severson's game was as complete as I've seen it. That pass to Jack was amazing. Complete team effort. If I had to pick someone to not like it would be Smith, but seriously everyone was great. Nico, brattt and Palat looked like a legit dominant line. The puck support, the puck movement. Won every battle and every race. I think the best part was we seemed to complete every pass. We matched their physicality.

MB29 played very well and looked sharp.

All cylinders for 60 minutes. Even the power play looked great. First game where we executed in all zones.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
no but I expect you can smell the wood burning as he processes the NHL game. A acted coach like Ruff probably doesn’t want to go down with a rookie playing a significant role.
That’s exactly how I see it. Holtz has looked fine and his play has been way more involved and way more quick/paced to the NHL this year. I’ve liked his game so far.

Ruff doesn’t want to lose his job though, so feels like his development stage is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad