GDT: Devils @ Islanders, 7:30 PM, Apocalypse Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Can bet your bottom dollar Barzal is gonna score at some point tonight

Nice to see Holtz buried on the 4th line with that slug McLeod, send him to Utica instead of that garbage. Tatar has no business being in the lineup but lord knows he’ll never get held accountable.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The Islanders are not a better team outside of goaltending, but the discrepancy in net is so significant that it's going to be hard for the Devils to overcome. 5v5 the Devils are just a straight up better team.
SF, SA, close to the same. I like GF etc, but devs just didn`t fix timings and shooting. And much better goalie. Much better scoring rate. I understand why Devils could be better, but for now islanders is a better working system with much-much-much better goalie. It`s not about goalie only. And Devils have problems against Hart and Nedelkovich. So on paper we are under dogs in this deul.

Reactions: My3Sons

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This most likely comes down to goaltending, which doesn't bode well for us
3mwLGRZ.gif

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Cautiously optimistic with how strong the Devils finished last game.

Sorokin is going to be a real test though.

And for the love of god figure out the damn PP. There’s no reason it should be as bad as it is with the players we have on there.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Cautiously optimistic with how strong the Devils finished last game.

Sorokin is going to be a real test though.

And for the love of god figure out the damn PP. There’s no reason it should be as bad as it is with the players we have on there.

The Ducks are horrible and their backup played, that game shouldn’t give anyone confidence

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Ducks are horrible and their backup played, that game shouldn’t give anyone confidence
We actually got the Ducks’ better goalie, going by last season’s results as well as this season’s, but they are definitely bad.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Blackwood might end up as good as him….
Your incessant overhyping of Blackwood is really shocking. You'd think the guy who tracks soft goals would be able to see that Blackwood is inconsistent at best. Then again, after your championing of Schneider and his hips held together by rubber cement and popsicle sticks I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure once Bernier comes back and plays goal while borrowing Hischier's full body cast and gives up five goals on four shots you'll be telling us he will bounce back since he's so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad