Confirmed with Link: Devils have re-signed Marek Zidlicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
lol that was so random when I saw it on twitter, usaully tg announces it before the Devils' official account

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Well there better be some Buy-out news as well. I don't Lou lets Fayne walk.

Status Quo*

Well, resigning 2 players well before free agency. I guess Lou means business.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I sort of expected this given Zidlicky's season last year and their lack of trust in Gelinas.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
What is Lou gonna do with all of these defenseman and Fayne and then you factor in the young guys in Albany and then Severson and Santini?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
looks like a trade will be coming this summer

We've been saying this for two years, I'll believe it when it happens. Until then, I'm expecting Lou to keep hoarding.

Although it wouldn't shock me if they let Fayne go and bought out/IR'ed Sal which would temporarily alleviate the logjam, until Harrold started playing over Gelinas or Larsson anyway.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am glad he's back. Sure there's a boneheaded D play here and there... but the guy puts up serious points from the blue line which we NEED badly.

Chere was floating a rumor that Volchenkov may be the compliance buyout victim. Somehow, Harrold has to go too along with Salvador. I like what Lou is doing so far.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ugh... he gives us what we so sorely lack in offense, but at the cost of possibly losing some younger defensemen in the process. Depends who Lou ships off, assuming he does which isn't a guarantee, this could be either good or bad. I'll be mad if this move means Fayne leaves. Mortgaging the future for what seems to be a bleak present doesn't seem very smart, but hopefully Lou pulls some magic to prevent that.

Edit: Well the term/$ makes me feel a little better.

Last edited:

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
I like this signing. For a team starved for offense you can't let a guy like this walk. Aside from his stupid penalties, he was largely an effective player last season. I think he'll be good for us and will help us until Gelinas gets his game rounded into shape. Now, re-sign Fayne, buyout Volch, and politely ask Sal to "retire" and we'll be good to go.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
What is Lou gonna do with all of these defenseman and Fayne and then you factor in the young guys in Albany and then Severson and Santini?

Severson is at least 2 years away and Santini is at least 4.

I'm interested in the terms of the deal. If it's 1 year, I'm ok with it. 2 years and I have a problem.

EDIT: 1 yr $4M is a good contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad