LeBrun: Devils, Hall making traction on new contract?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Be interesting to see what he signs for though. I cant see him making Tavares money but the way things are right now....who knows.
He certainly will get Tavares money and more. He has a Hart win to his name, posted 93 points 1 year ago...more than any Tavares season.

He will be at 12 million.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Choose one:
  1. See? He's not going to leave the Devils. It's about time this got acknowledged.
  2. Yeah, they said the same thing about Panarin this time last year. He's gone. Deal with it.
  3. That's somewhat encouraging, but I'll believe it when I see it.
  4. We could really use Hall on my team. What would it take?
  5. The Devils will actually be good this year. Hughes is going to do quite a bit to help, and Hischier will be showing improvement, and PK Subban is going to make the blueline better, and nobody ever gives Palmieri any credit but he'll also be awesome and etc. etc.
  6. The Devils will suck with or without him. Whatever.
  7. Something something playing the trap in New Jersey.
  8. He'll get paid too much anyways because Kyle Dubas ruined everything.
  9. He's injury prone so I don't care.
  10. lol adam larsson
EDIT:
BONUS CHOICE: Something about draft lotteries and first overall picks.
7. 7 for eternity no matter what style the team plays

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
He certainly will get Tavares money and more. He has a Hart win to his name, posted 93 points 1 year ago...more than any Tavares season.

He will be at 12 million.

Tavares' contract started with his 28-year old season, while Hall's new contract will start when he's playing his 29-year old season.

Tavares also plays the more important position while Hall has a more extensive injury history.

He's not coming in north of 12.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Choose one:
  1. See? He's not going to leave the Devils. It's about time this got acknowledged.
  2. Yeah, they said the same thing about Panarin this time last year. He's gone. Deal with it.
  5. The Devils will actually be good this year. Hughes is going to do quite a bit to help, and Hischier will be showing improvement, and PK Subban is going to make the blueline better, and nobody ever gives Palmieri any credit but he'll also be awesome and etc. etc.
  10. lol adam larsson
EDIT:

11. He's played for losers his whole life. He wants to play for a winner (My team)

Reactions: Viqsi

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Idek man I don’t want to pay hall 11 million a year to play half the year. Guy’s always hurt

Ledge And Dairy

Idek man I don’t want to pay hall 11 million a year to play half the year. Guy’s always hurt
What? He's had knee surgery, that takes 6-9 months to recover, before that he played 70+ games in the previous 3 years (meaning he was healthy most of the season). At this stage in his career Crosby was more injury prone, do you think Pens fans were saying the same thing?

Reactions: Hisch13r

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
No way he takes less than Panarin did to play in New Jersey of all places. Remember, Panarin even left millions on the table to be a Ranger.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Choose one:
  10. lol adam larsson
EDIT:
#8 sums up what I had to say. Thanks.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
No way he takes less than Panarin did to play in New Jersey of all places. Remember, Panarin even left millions on the table to be a Ranger.
Sure. Panarin has the second highest AAV in the whole NHL. The only team, who might had paid more total money over the life time of the contract would have been CBJ on a eight year deal.
With the Cap not expected to raise significantly Hall almost certainly will sign for less than Panarin.

Reactions: kevrondl

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
2x16M is my wild guess.
-The Devils can afford that insane cap hit until Hughes needs a raise. Current contracts for Hall, Greene and Simmonds amount to 16M this season.
-Hall would be 30 at the end of the deal and could still get 6-7 years as a UFA.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY

I’m going to laugh very hard when Hall signs for less than 11.6. Panarin probably left millions from Columbus...where he absolutely didn’t want to play. He got a crazy contract from a team in one of the greatest cities in the world. Kind of a no brainer. Hall is a better player and will sign for less specially if he doesn’t hit the open market. That’s pretty obvious that a guy not hitting the market and letting teams boost his payday will re-sign with his club for less.

Don’t act like the rangers have a track record of anything but always overpaying free agents. It’s kind of been going on since the late nineties and hasn’t stopped since, even with the cap. Holik, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Richards, Nash, now Panarin and I’m even leaving out a bunch more...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad