Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I want the team to win. If Therrien can turn things around and get the team to start winning games again, then I have no problem with him. As of now, he doesn't seem like he'll make any major changes that will impact the results, so...

But at the end of the day, I go into every game hoping Montreal comes out on top.

A leopard cannot change his spots.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
A leopard cannot change his spots.

I say take away his smoking privileges at the Bell Centre until he figures it out and pulls his **** together! Maybe he'll quit, and the problem will solve itself.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Didn't we have a defenseman screening the opposing goalie at some point on the PP? Or am I thinking of Laraque?

We had DD screening Bishop recently that was some tactic ;)

But yeah the old defenceman on the 4th line wing tactic is also possible, who knows!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The first 2 or 3 games of when this free fall all started no one seemed worried and said not to worry it's only a little "slump". It's now going into it's 6 week so is it still a little "slump" for pretty much the entire team? Should we now be worried? Haven't heard I'm not worried from MT for a while now so are you worried yet MT?

jenspeiper

Jan 5, 2016
New York
Two questions :

Why Borussia Dortmund?
Why your message was the last thing I noticed about your first HF post? :yo:

Otherwise, congrats on your first post !

Long time German football fan, although I grew up mostly watching Bayern as a kid. I think Dortmund best represents true German football. Bayern has changed.

I figured the avatar might be a distraction. ;)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Didn't we have a defenseman screening the opposing goalie at some point on the PP? Or am I thinking of Laraque?

It wouldn't have been half bad if it wasn't the least offensively-gifted D-Men in the history of the Habs (Hal Gill).

Bowman, back in the days, used Serge Savard in that role.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Remember, this was against the Devils that the Habs ended their long winning streak of the beginning of season. They were more physical than the rest of the teams we faced. They played Da Trap. And then other teams started to figure out how to beat this team.

Therrien getting fired after another loss against the Devils would make sense. In fact that's probably what will happen.

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015
It wouldn't have been half bad if it wasn't the least offensively-gifted D-Men in the history of the Habs (Hal Gill).

Bowman, back in the days, used Serge Savard in that role.

Boston has been known to use Chara in that role as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Remember, this was against the Devils that the Habs ended their long winning streak of the beginning of season. They were more physical than the rest of the teams we faced. They played Da Trap. And then other teams started to figure out how to beat this team.

Therrien getting fired after another loss against the Devils would make sense. In fact that's probably what will happen.

The streak ended against the Canucks

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Did something recently happen that I missed that would hint to Therrien being on thin ice? Because I don't get the impression that he's one loss away from being fired, not even close.

Missing the playoffs is probably the only way I could see Bergevin pulling the trigger.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Did something recently happen that I missed that would hint to Therrien being on thin ice? Because I don't get the impression that he's one loss away from being fired, not even close.

Missing the playoffs is probably the only way I could see Bergevin pulling the trigger.

Bergevin said he never even considered getting rid of Therrien.

Obviously, he's lying to us all.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

I think even if we miss the playoffs, if Price returns and the team finishes on a relatively high note, Therrien is safe for this season.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Depends, if they win a game here and there maybe but no way he survives January if it's a replica of December. Right? Someone please tell me I'm right. My birthday is January 31st. Oh what a wonderful birthday present that would be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Last night Marinaro was talking about accountability and sending a message for poor performances. During this whole slump, never once have guys like Pacioretty, Plekanec, Markov been benched.

Last night, Seguin and Benn were benched for the majority of the third period in Dallas.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Flash is a good candidate for a healthy scratch, isn't he?

... even if that means a potential Byron - DD - Andrighetto line.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Hate to be negative here, BUT:

I would prefer we lose 4,5,6,7 games in a row now, leading to some sort of long term course correction vs. winning 1, losing 3, winning 2, losing 5....etc.etc.

Change is needed.
Bergevin seems content based on what I've heard, with this group, with this coach.

The only thing that will force his hand is a losing streak. We will be better off if things get fixed now instead of having false hope.

I haven't watched much other than the winter classic, I took a break. I may watch tonight if the LCBO isn't packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad