Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Besides the WC, the product that's been shown is absolute garbage. Impossible MB doesn't see this. I don't care if we're missing Price etc. The structure is horrendous.
A trade won't fix this, a new proper system from a smart adaptable coach will.
#BringOnTheBondVillain

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Well... he was bad enough to justify it.
As did 7 other forwards, so it's moot.

main-qimg-90750879d927e5029c4817c8ca5d4425

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is super difficult to fix. Without kassian and semin, top 6 isn't built properly.
everyone is soo excited to get andrighetto to play with frodo and flash.
really? do people understand hockey?
that becomes the softest 3rd line in the NHL. who the **** wins the puck
on that line?
the team is a mess right now. top line centre is declining rapidly.
2nd line center is a budding super star but has been misused and is playing with
a rookie and a 3rd line center because the team has 0 skill depth and 0 size on the wings.
3rd line is ok, but manned by a tiny centre and journeyman who can score sometimes..
and 4th line is good and serviceable but not a game changer.

i'm no therrien fan, but bergevin's head is up his ass

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I'm not going to wish that the team loses but I'll leave it at this. #FireTherrien

Not directed just at you, you're quite a bunch in there thinking that way... But stop being a sissy and assume your position fully.

I want this team to lose. In the most embarassing way possible. There is still plenty of time to get Therrien out of here and have a new coach bringing us to the next level.

First time ever it happens to me. Even during the dark days, I was cheering for the team, though our expectations were low. Now? I just want them to lose every single game until Therrien is fired.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Not directed just at you, you're quite a bunch in there thinking that way... But stop being a sissy and assume your position fully.

I want this team to lose. In the most embarassing way possible. There is still plenty of time to get Therrien out of here and have a new coach bringing us to the next level.

First time ever it happens to me. Even during the dark days, I was cheering for the team, though our expectations were low. Now? I just want them to lose every single game until Therrien is fired.

I want the team to win. If Therrien can turn things around and get the team to start winning games again, then I have no problem with him. As of now, he doesn't seem like he'll make any major changes that will impact the results, so...

But at the end of the day, I go into every game hoping Montreal comes out on top.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I want the team to win. If Therrien can turn things around and get the team to start winning games again, then I have no problem with him. As of now, he doesn't seem like he'll make any major changes that will impact the results, so...

But at the end of the day, I go into every game hoping Montreal comes out on top.

Same. There's no guarantee that the next head coach will do a better job, so I will keep on rooting for this team to win.

jenspeiper

Jan 5, 2016
New York
I suppose you could say I'm a "new fan," so I really don't know who should be fired or retained. I am enjoying watching the team. They seem to have some strong pieces in place and a reasonable shot at the playoffs, but I realize that's probably not good enough for a club like Montreal where the expectations are the highest.

I learned a lot about supporting your team as a fan of Borussia Dortmund. We love our team and support them even in the darkest periods, which included last season as we neared relegation status in the Bundesliga.

Hoping for the best tonight.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Therrien has shown many times that he can't sustain a proper coaching approach. He gets his magical line blender any time there's a little problem and he will just put Desharnais out there in any possible situation. With the results that we know. I mean, did I see Desharnais playing the point on the PP??

Hoping for Therrien to turn things around is pipe dream. Yes, of course he might turn things around for a few games, like we saw at the beginning of the season. Problem is, he'll keep turning things around until Desharnais produces.

You can't win the Cup with such a 'nervous' and unfair coach. So Therrien needs to go. The sooner the better.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I suppose you could say I'm a "new fan," so I really don't know who should be fired or retained. I am enjoying watching the team. They seem to have some strong pieces in place and a reasonable shot at the playoffs, but I realize that's probably not good enough for a club like Montreal where the expectations are the highest.

I learned a lot about supporting your team as a fan of Borussia Dortmund. We love our team and support them even in the darkest periods, which included last season as we neared relegation status in the Bundesliga.

Two questions :

Why Borussia Dortmund?
Why your message was the last thing I noticed about your first HF post? :yo:

Otherwise, congrats on your first post !

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

I saw your post, but I didn't read it. Something else caught my attention. Not sure what.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Here's my prediction for tonight. The Habs will either get shutout or score one goal and lose again tonight. MT will look like a broken man and will tear up in his post game because he knows the end is near on his career as a coach in the NHL. :)

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

At least you can count on Reus(when he's not injured), Aubameyang, Hummels, Sokratis, Gundogan, Mkhitarian...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I think I might watch Days of our Lives with my wife tonight instead of this one!!!

This one has snooze fest written all over

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
jesus ****ing christ :laugh:

Honestly though, it's not that insane. It would be a wake up call, although I wouldn't play him with ****ing Desharnais. How about this, just for lols and a wake up call.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Subban
Eller-Plekanec-Gallagher
Fleischman-Desharnais-Carr
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Emelin-Barbario

Would be hilarious, but imagine if Subban scored a goal and got his confidence back! This is obviously a joke, and Subban has no idea how to play wing, but in reality; neither does Eller :laugh::laugh:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Honestly though, it's not that insane. It would be a wake up call, although I wouldn't play him with ****ing Desharnais. How about this, just for lols and a wake up call.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Subban
Eller-Plekanec-Gallagher
Fleischman-Desharnais-Carr
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Emelin-Barbario

Would be hilarious, but imagine if Subban scored a goal and got his confidence back! This is obviously a joke, and Subban has no idea how to play wing, but in reality; neither does Eller :laugh::laugh:

How about we trade for Streit and Yannick Weber, and bring back Dandenault out of retirement? We'd no longer have issues with our RW depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad