GDT: Devils @ Flames - 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Edmonton was the toughest game on paper, but you never know how things actually shape up.
''We struggle with heavy teams and they give us fits'' will be the narrative if we lose.

I actually didn't read much of that after the Washington game (are they even a heavy team anymore though? Probably heavy because everybody is old and the metabolisms are slowing) and we won both the Columbus and Islanders games, so that didn't have to even come up.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
1667664036053.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
H

I think it has to do with Vancouver being a much bigger market than Calgary, not quality of game.
That's probably true.

There's a lot of times where I notice Vancouver is the big Saturday night game while they're playing a pretty underwhelming American opponent, while Calgary or Edmonton have more exciting teams in town and they aren't the ''Game of the night'' or whatever.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'm just as surprised by Lucic even being in the NHL at all anymore than being in the top-6 of an NHL team.

It feels like he's already 37-38, which is probably because he's been in the league so long, but it's probably more because it's been so long since he was actually a productive player and he declined way early and way younger than the average player does. He's been shot since before he even turned 30. He's big, he's slow. No surprise this type of player grenaded at 28 years old.
Maybe Not So Fun Fact: The last time Lucic scored? He had a goal in our 6-3 loss in Calgary on March 16.

Daws was in net for 4 goals and then Gillies got 1 (plus an EN).

A cleared puck took a weird, impossibly unlucky bounce off the stanchion straight to Andersson and Lucic got a deflection while every one stood around puck watching. It was very March 2022.

That was his 10th goal of the season. He’s gone 31 games without one since.

Really Not So Fun Fact: That was Brett Richie’s 30th game and he scored his 1st goal of the season.

He must of started feeling it after that because he scored two games later and even got 1 more before the season ended.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Let's gooo, good morning Devils fans! Close it out today..... get it done...

(And.... Why is this game so late 10pm? Isn't Calgary in mountain time, what gives, another ceremony day?)
Yes it’s the Hockey night in Canada showcase game .
I am just about to leave to drive to Calgary
Go Devils Go !
My and my brother are sitting 4 seats over from the Devils tunnel to dressing room .
Somewhat close to the Devils bench

I am taking bets now to get me to do this at the game when I’m there :
B944F9D8-F497-437D-BD55-A480C2034B9B.jpeg
0D315128-D101-46E4-88BD-8FE5CCA924B9.jpeg

That was actually at a Flames game . I have to continue my tradition and do it again tonight ! It’s the National game ! I have to ! I’m close enough to the glass where I think I can make it that far before security grabs me .

It depends on what cable packages you have and or what region you live in for what the Hockey Night In Canada late game is .

This is the first season in awhile where I am nervous (excited ) before a game. Before it was mkre “Please don’t get blown out and look bad , just try hard please “
or “As long as Bratt Hughes Mercer Nico get points and improve their game , that’s what matters , not wins or loses “

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I gotta be honest, I don't really care one bit about the result tonight. Of course we always want a W, but even if they get blown out I am not going to care one bit.

Lets just get outta this one healthy and re-group back home.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I gotta be honest, I don't really care one bit about the result tonight. Of course we always want a W, but even if they get blown out I am not going to care one bit.

Lets just get outta this one healthy and re-group back home.
I care but I’m not going to get as down as I normally would. We cannot expect to win every game (although it looks right now like we can lol) .
The Flames will be desperate . They are on a skid and Sutter will be losing his shit on his players.
If anything , the Flames will come out and play hard for the first few minutes. We have to hold them off , play our game and I think our speed will give them massive problems . They are not a fast team at all.
They habe their lines all mixed up so I’m. Kt expecting much from their forwards. Their D are pretty damn good .

I hope Tanev is still out . Without him , they are way different and have to pair up way differently.
Hes their glue back there. He was out last game and I’m nkt sure if he’s back in tonight.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Yes it’s the Hockey night in Canada showcase game .
I am just about to leave to drive to Calgary
Go Devils Go !
My and my brother are sitting 4 seats over from the Devils tunnel to dressing room .
Somewhat close to the Devils bench

I am taking bets now to get me to do this at the game when I’m there :
View attachment 603642View attachment 603643

That was actually at a Flames game . I have to continue my tradition and do it again tonight ! It’s the National game ! I have to ! I’m close enough to the glass where I think I can make it that far before security grabs me .

It depends on what cable packages you have and or what region you live in for what the Hockey Night In Canada late game is .

This is the first season in awhile where I am nervous (excited ) before a game. Before it was mkre “Please don’t get blown out and look bad , just try hard please “
or “As long as Bratt Hughes Mercer Nico get points and improve their game , that’s what matters , not wins or loses “

CE88C44A-1166-44BF-AE67-59B95FD6A2B9.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Looks like no Tanev for the Flames. Markstrom starting.

Lines are back to “normal “ for them. The Kadri line has been very good but the Lindholm line has been crap.
No Tanev is huge. We are going to decimate them with shots.
Markstrom has been shaky all year so I am confident we can light him up. That or he will finally piece together his first excellent game and stop 50 shots.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe Not So Fun Fact: The last time Lucic scored? He had a goal in our 6-3 loss in Calgary on March 16.

Daws was in net for 4 goals and then Gillies got 1 (plus an EN).

A cleared puck took a weird, impossibly unlucky bounce off the stanchion straight to Andersson and Lucic got a deflection while every one stood around puck watching. It was very March 2022.

That was his 10th goal of the season. He’s gone 31 games without one since.

Really Not So Fun Fact: That was Brett Richie’s 30th game and he scored his 1st goal of the season.

He must of started feeling it after that because he scored two games later and even got 1 more before the season ended.
Was that the game where four Devils were in a five foot radius “swarming” the puck against the boards and a Flame was wide open for ten minutes watching TV on a chaise lounges in the slot before the puck inevitably got sent to him and he had to put down the tv remote and his pint of Hagen Dazs (mint chip of I recall) and finish his text before putting his gloves back ion and pushing the chaise lounge and tv out of the way so he could play the puck and score against the goalie who was curled up in a corner of the net in the fetal position sucking his thumb and muttering over and over to himself “the swarm makes a lot of sense I just don’t get it which is a me problem”?

Reactions: Guadana and glenwo2

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Can my sign say “You don’t know bull riding until you try it with a Sombrero”?
Vaqueros - the real cowboys of North America. LMAO

Vaquero
The vaquero is a horse-mounted livestock herder of a tradition that has its roots in the Iberian Peninsula and extensively developed in Mexico from a methodology brought to Latin America from Spain. The vaquero became the foundation for the North American cowboy.

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad