GDT: Devils @ Flames - 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

THE DEVILS ARE ON A 5 GAME WIN STREAK WHERE
THEY HAVE OUT SCORED THEIR OPPONENTS 23-8!

zL32Jnz.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

8e3Ivu4.jpg

2ZrQZKm.jpg

DEVILS (8-3-0) vs. FLAMES (5-4-0)

Head-to-Head:

The Devils lost both of its games against the Flames last season. When New Jersey hosted on Oct. 26, 2021 the home team lost 5-3. When the Devils were last in Calgary they lost 6-3. The last time the Devils won in Calgary was Jan. 13, 2017 with a 2-1 final score.

This is the first of two meetings between the teams this season, with the second in New Jersey on Nov. 8.

Devils Team Scope:
The Devils enter Saturday's game on a five game win streak after two goals in seven seconds lifted New Jersey to a 4-3 victory over the Oilers on Thursday night. Miles Wood contributed two goals in the victory and Ryan Graves scored his second goal in the last three games. Jesper Bratt set a new franchise record for longest points streak to start a season at 11 games. The forward's five goals, 12 assists, and 17 points through 11 games lead the Devils.

Goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood was injured during Thursday's game and no update has been provided at this time. Vitek Vanecek came in to relieve Blackwood and stopped 18 of the 19 shots he faced. The off-season acquisition has won his last four games and is averaging a .911 save percentage and 2.06 goals against average.

Calgary is the final stop of a three game road trip where the Devils have gone 2-0-0 so far. When the Devils return home, their first opponent back is the Flames, just three days after the matchup in Calgary.

Flames Team Scope:
The Flames are on a three game skid, dropping one-goal games to Edmonton and Seattle before falling 4-1 against the Predators. Before the losing streak, Calgary had won five of its first six games of the year.

It was an impactful off-season as the Flames roster lost superstars like Matthew Tkachuk and Johnny Gaudreau, but added Nazem Kadri, Jonathan Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar. Kadri leads the Flames with goals (5) and points (10). Rasmus Andersson leads Calgary with six assists. Jacob Markstrom is the Flames go-to goaltender. With a 4-2-0 record, Markstrom is averaging 2.68 goals against, and has a .903 save percentage.

Saturday is the final game of an eight-game homestand for Calgary before they hit the road for a three-game road trip. The Flames have a back-to-back starting on Long Island before visiting the Devils on Tuesday. Then the team heads up North to Boston to play Thursday.

By the Numbers:
Nico Hischier and Erik Haula are fifth and sixth in the NHL for face-off wins. Due to their hard work and the overall sucess with face-offs for the forward group, the Devils are third in the league, winning 55.7% of the team's face-offs.

Injury Report:

Devils

Blackwood (undisclosed)
Bernier (IR, hip)
Palat (IR, groin)

Flames
Kylington (IR, personal)
Tanev (upper-body, day-to-day)

HrgWP8w.jpg

D3RUEyS.png

RjvDVne.png

pb8NQdv.gif

a2MmnO7.png

INQLzdo.png

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Let's gooo, good morning Devils fans! Close it out today..... get it done...

(And.... Why is this game so late 10pm? Isn't Calgary in mountain time, what gives, another ceremony day?)

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
lucic is in their top 6? yikes. LGD

Was reading their forum a little bit.

They're pissed off they have some old vets in top6 (Lucic) and redundancy in their middle6/bottom6 (like 4-5 guys that do the same job, sort of like 5 coleman-esque players). Not sure how well Coleman is doing these days, but we will see. Basically their AHL prospects have no chance in the lineup with Sutter.

Hopefully our speed will take this game like how we played the Isles and a few other games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if this will be the premiere Hockey Night in Canada late game for the night? Where they do the after hours show and have a sit down interview with player/management/coach or two backstage?

Who am I kidding, they'll probably be doing that in Vancouver tonight for the Preds/Canucks game. Probably interviewing some Nashville guy (or Hynes) asking him what it's like to play for such a strong contender.

Or they might even wheel the Poilosarus Rex out there and ask him what it feels like to be a GM for 40 straight years and have just one cup finals appearance in 40 years? And he can bullshit all the viewing Canadian fans into hearing how he believes they're very close to a cup right now and they've really got a strong contender now. Josi is only 32 years old and we got a bunch of other guys like Duchene who is amazingly elite again at 31 years old and hey, these are just babies when you're 72 years old.

Maybe they could even have Jim Rutherford on again and ask him if he's figured out in the last 2 weeks since the last time they had him on if they're actually in a rebuild or if it's still just a ''Might''?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm just as surprised by Lucic even being in the NHL at all anymore than being in the top-6 of an NHL team.

It feels like he's already 37-38, which is probably because he's been in the league so long, but it's probably more because it's been so long since he was actually a productive player and he declined way early and way younger than the average player does. He's been shot since before he even turned 30. He's big, he's slow. No surprise this type of player grenaded at 28 years old.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I wonder if this will be the premiere Hockey Night in Canada late game for the night? Where they do the after hours show and have a sit down interview with player/management/coach or two backstage?

Who am I kidding, they'll probably be doing that in Vancouver tonight for the Preds/Canucks game. Probably interviewing some Nashville guy (or Hynes) asking him what it's like to play for such a strong contender.

Or they might even wheel the Poilosarus Rex out there and ask him what it feels like to be a GM for 40 straight years and have just one cup finals appearance in 40 years? And he can bullshit all the viewing Canadian fans into hearing how he believes they're very close to a cup right now and they've really got a strong contender now. Josi is only 32 years old and we got a bunch of other guys like Duchene who is amazingly elite again at 31 years old and hey, these are just babies when you're 72 years old.

Maybe they could even have Jim Rutherford on again and ask him if he's figured out in the last 2 weeks since the last time they had him on if they're actually in a rebuild or if it's still just a ''Might''?
It’s Vancouver-Preds. I think this is in Sportsnet360 or something like that in Canada.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Based on what I see on the guides, Nashville/Vancouver is the main game tonight. I’m visiting family and there’s no wifi so I may be forced to listen to Matt and Chico tonight. Devils/Flames SHOULD be the main game

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gonna be a tough game once again, but this team has shown it can hang. With 2 wins on the trip already, this one feels like gravy.

Have a good effort and I’ll be satisfied.

LGD!
I think Edmonton was the toughest game on paper, but you never know how things actually shape up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Based on what I see on the guides, Nashville/Vancouver is the main game tonight. I’m visiting family and there’s no wifi so I may be forced to listen to Matt and Chico tonight. Devils/Flames SHOULD be the main game
It’s Vancouver-Preds. I think this is in Sportsnet360 or something like that in Canada.
Ahhh, nice. Two SHIT teams going at it for all of Canada to enjoy, while the two more exciting teams (say what you want about Sutter, the Flames are much more exciting than either of those two teams. They got more talent) aren't showcased.

Are the Preds as overrated by the Canadian media as they are over here? Where the hockey media still thinks they're a cup contender or anything more than an aging contender (with a very old GM who is one of the most overrated of all time) of several years back, whose window has loudly crashed shut?

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I think Edmonton was the toughest game on paper, but you never know how things actually shape up.
Yeah, Calgary does have some dudes that can play a heavy game but still skate a bit, kind of like Washington who always give us fits. I was more "scared" of the oilers but this game feels a bit like a tossup to me. Another one of those games where we will have to see how the team responds to a different play style.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
H
Ahhh, nice. Two SHIT teams going at it for all of Canada to enjoy, while the two more exciting teams (say what you want about Sutter, the Flames are much more exciting than either of those two teams. They got more talent) aren't showcased.

Are the Preds as overrated by the Canadian media as they are over here? Where the hockey media still thinks they're a cup contender or anything more than an aging contender (with a very old GM who is one of the most overrated of all time) of several years back, whose window has loudly crashed shut?
I think it has to do with Vancouver being a much bigger market than Calgary, not quality of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese