Confirmed with Link: Devils Fire Lindy Ruff - Travis Green is an Interim

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We're worried about a guy who can't run a good PP1 with one of the best units you can find around the league becoming a HC? LOL

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
They’ll get rid of the rest of the staff (minus Sarge hopefully) at the end of the season.

Green is fine in the interim. Assess the damage and re-evaluate in the summer. Fitz will likely have a lot deeper pool of candidates than the last go round, the job is much more desirable than when he took over.

Sarge in no way should be let go.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Came far too late, but Fitz finally made the right decision.

I will give Lindy credit for facilitating the development of many young players though - he's allowed guys like Jack, Luke, Nemec, and Bratt test their abilities and develop, rather than get benched immediately and turned into grinders, like some other coaches would do.

The only fear is hiring Green full-time. Hopefully Fitz takes the offseason to evaluate the many interesting HC candidates.

Reactions: glenwo2

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Came far too late, but Fitz finally made the right decision.

I will give Lindy credit for facilitating the development of many young players though - he's allowed guys like Jack, Luke, Nemec, and Bratt test their abilities and develop, rather than get benched immediately and turned into grinders, like some other coaches would do.

The only fear is hiring Green full-time. Hopefully Fitz takes the offseason to evaluate the many interesting HC candidates.
Rumor is it was ownership handcuffing him with ruff. He doesn’t dislike Lindy he likes him and they all want to keep him in the front office with them.

The issue imo is argue getting rid of him sooner better. Also, he still gave Lindy a giant hole in the net that no coach was going to get around. This season is more on fitz than ruff at this point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The last 2 weeks probably did this.

I think it's overstated that a coach has lost the room or and people are really quick to say things like that, but it really looked like he had lost the team over these last two weeks. Probably starting with the Caps blowout loss. We were down by like 1 goal going into the 3rd? And the game ended like 6-1 or 6-2 with a late junk time goal from us.

The Rangers blowout, the Montreal game we deserves to probably lose. The Tampa game was disgusting. And then this road trip really finished him off. Especially yesterday's game, where the team showed no life at all.

Also don't underestimate the whole ''Allowing the first goal of the game 70%+ of the games'' factor. I'm sure that didn't help him.

I think they wanted to at least give him the end of the season and they probably would have let him resign or ''Retire'' rather than fired him like this.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
National media definitely so not watch this team thinking Ruff was just a victim of circumstances and not a root cause
He's not the root cause. They set a franchise record in points last year under him. He wasn't great, but if you think he's a root cause then good luck riding with the same goaltending and defense and thinking a new coach is going to fix the main problems.

Reactions: Devs3cups

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The last 2 weeks probably did this.

I think it's overstated that a coach has lost the room or and people are really quick to say things like that, but it really looked like he had lost the team over these last two weeks. Probably starting with the Caps blowout loss. We were down by like 1 goal going into the 3rd? And the game ended like 6-1 or 6-2 with a late junk time goal from us.

The Rangers blowout, the Montreal game we deserves to probably lose. The Tampa game was disgusting. And then this road trip really finished him off. Especially yesterday's game, where the team showed no life at all.

Also don't underestimate the whole ''Allowing the first goal of the game 70%+ of the games'' factor. I'm sure that didn't help him.

I think they wanted to at least give him the end of the season and they probably would have let him resign or ''Retire'' rather than fired him like this.

Jack waiving a 6th Devil on the ice on the empty net ended Lindy, you can't be that disinterested of your bench as a coach to where a player does that no matter the score/point in the season

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruff definitely deserves blame this year for the low expected save percentages.

Nobody is playing up to par in goal, but an average goaltending performance on this team wouldn't even be expected to crack .900%. Markstrom having the season he's having this year is probably more like a .905%-.907% on this team. Which is still a vast improvement.

That has absolutely not been a thing under Ruff since he got here, but it has absolutely been a thing this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad