Confirmed with Link: Devils Fire Lindy Ruff - Travis Green is an Interim

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Needed to happen (prolly sooner realistically speaking), but I am at least glad to see there appears to be some sort of standard in the organization. Curious to see if any player usage goes up or down by a noticeable amount under Green. And yeah hopefully interim really means only interim. As far as lindy goes, the time to dump on the guy has passed. He deserves some praise for his tenure, helping to foster some of the younger kids during over that time and the biggest clearly being last season as a whole. By all accounts a great human being as well.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To be fair how many goalie coaches get fired in season?
It almost never happens without a head coaching change. It HAS happened without a head coaching change, but not at all often.

Though it has been known to happen midseason when there's a head coaching change. The Sharks got rid of DeBoer, Spott and Hedberg when he was fired in 2019. Nabokov took over for Hedberg as goalie coach and kept that position for several years. He's no longer the day to day goalie coach, but has since been promoted to director of goaltending or whatever the title is.

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I legitimately feel bad. Lindy is an awesome guy by all accounts. This had to be done. Fans would’ve been calling for his head all game long had he gone behind the bench at the Rock. The team was not playing good hockey for far too long.

I find no joy in seeing him lose his job, and possibly his last shot at being a head coach in this league. Thanks for unleashing our young guys a bit, and for last year Lindy. It’s been real.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Given what Green was given as Canucks head coach maybe he isn't as bad of a coach as vancouver fans say?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And not for nothing but the worst case scenario is in play - make a run to come up just short of the playoffs and hire Green as a result…another reason I’m not popping champagne
I've been saying forever that Ruff is the much lesser of two evils.

Green is one of the worst head coaches the league has seen in the last decade. Down there with Doug Weight, Freddy's cousing Ralph and maybe one or two other guys I'm forgetting even existed. Mike Yeo was pretty bad, and he's the only one that got multiple head coaching gigs in the league, then one interim job out of that bunch. Technically Ralph got two, but they came years and years between.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
I legitimately feel bad. Lindy is an awesome guy by all accounts. This had to be done. Fans would’ve been calling for his head all game long had he gone behind the bench at the Rock. The team was not playing good hockey for far too long.

I find no joy in seeing him lose his job, and possibly his last shot at being a head coach in this league. Thanks for unleashing our young guys a bit, and for last year Lindy. It’s been real.

Pretty much my sentiments. He should get a lot of credit for developing the offensive talents of a lot of our young players. Now granted some of them were naturally getting older but we saw the offensive limitations of players like Hischier, Bratt, Hughes under Hynes and Ruff should get a lot of credit for helping with their development

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
As much as I screamed for Lindy to be fired I do feel for the guy. It sucks to have to go out like this. At the end of the day the best move would of been to promote him to upper management after last season and make Brunette full time head coach. It would of worked out good for everyone.

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There are 6 weeks left. They simply could not continue on as they have with Ruff at the helm.

You risk there being serious negative carry over into next season.

It needed to be done now, well it needed to be done months ago, but that doesn't change that it would have been malpractice to let Ruff finish the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad