Confirmed with Link: Devils Fire Lindy Ruff - Travis Green is an Interim

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My only complaint is why didn't Rogalski go with him? He needed to be fired in December or January at the latest. It's a joke that he survived Ruff.

I still expect he'll be GANKED at season's end, but he's actively poisoning the goaltending position here.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Tommy-gets-whacked-in-Goodfellas.jpg

Knew I could count on you for a Sopranos/mob meme with this lmao

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Should’ve never been the guy but thanks for letting the kids play.

Too late for this year but at least we can move on from Green faster too.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
My only complaint is why didn't Rogalski go with him? He needed to be fired in December or January at the latest. It's a joke that he survived Ruff.

I still expect he'll be GANKED at season's end, but he's actively poisoning the goaltending position here.

Probably not a ton of goalie coaches on standby mid-season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

Yea he will be dumped along with Green and the rest of the crew in the summer.

Reactions: longislanddevil

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

To be fair how many goalie coaches get fired in season?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
“I hold our entire organization to the highest levels of accountability to focus on being a competitive team that expects to be a perennial playoff contender,” said Fitzgerald. “Unfortunately, we are not currently at that level, and I needed to make this decision.

“This was an extremely difficult conversation to have with Lindy based on the relationship that he and I have. He was the right coach to develop our young players on the ice, and above all else, he is a tremendous person.

“Travis has key experience running benches at the junior, AHL and NHL levels and knows that there are no shortcuts to success. He is a high-demanding individual who is familiar with the group and excited about working to get us back on track.”

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Notice he emphasized on “develop”.

I had the same reading between the lines.

I think the next coach will be more of a stickler, which the team probably needs now. It’s pretty normal to go back and forth between players coaches and harder coaches.

Reactions: Devs3cups

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Was that just a written statement or did Fitzgerald speak to the media?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad