Post-Game Talk: Devils drop another one in shootout to Tampa -Blowing leads is our specialty edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Pissed away another game. This team will be lucky to make the playoffs. Surefire first round exit right now. I don't know if Zubrus and Kovy being back is enough to salvage this. I'm beyond ready for Lou to make a trade. This D is horrid. /endrant

I'm gonna go play a game or something. I'm sick of being so disappointed by this team.

I hope I am wrong of course, but I have known since late February that we're not going to get into the playoffs.

They are bad in too many areas including behind the bench with Shaw and Scotty.
Tonight it was Pete by actually sending Volch to the ice in the 3rd period, then for some idiotic reason putting Gionta on the ice with less than 30 seconds left in the 3rd.

No accountability at all for poor play, we're not in the locker room but I doubt Sal is calling many out. He can't because he makes lots of gaffes himself.

A majorly flawed group of players.

Hardly anyone ever steps up and takes the bull by the horns and just gets it done.
Marty could have been that guy tonight and he looked shakey all night and was bailed out by a few posts.
Elias has racked up points but if I were Lou I would not sign him more than one more season, he looks cooked.

The defense corps is atrocious.

Lou did not replace the goal scoring/skill dept with Zach's departure and to an extent Sykora.

This team has no chance against anyone in a playoff series, not a sniff.
Even with Kovy. UNLESS, Lou makes some big ballsy changes between now and Wednesday afternoon.

Stick a fork in them otherwise.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
There's high standards, and then there is just complete unrealistic expectations. And then there is acting like a toddler who just had his ice cream cone taken away when those impossible standards are not met.

People need to get a ****ing grip. We're not going to with the Cup every season. And even in the seasons that are successful, things are not always going to go well. Possibly for long stretches. It's called reality.

Oh come on, there's nothing unreasonable about being pissed off over blowing TWO multi-goal leads.

It was a pathetic performance and every single person that watches this team expects better than what we saw tonight.

I never lose my cool over this team but I'm pretty heated right now, and I know I'm not the only levelheaded poster on this board who's pissed.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Its the culture that Lou has brought to the Devils since he arrived in 1987.

WE DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!!

Yeah I'm sure Lou is busy throwing temper tantrums after every loss. He even goes down to the locker room and personally tells each player how pathetic they each are. Knee jerk reactions are also customary.

And using the logic of "high standards", the Red Wings message board must go absolutely ******* after every bad shift their team has.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
the lack of urgency is quite alarming, considering most of these guys were in must win situations in the playoffs last spring. they are really lacking. it's whatever at this point.

still can't believe deboer had gionta out there in the last few secs.

i don't agree i felt they played hard....on the gio point.... bernier made about 2 or 3 great poke checks that gio could not cradle and the game would have most likely ended w us getting an empty netter.. not a bad effort considering some rust, injuries and playing a team with first game of head coach...blowing the leads was disappointing but oh well

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
HappyEaster_zpsadb84d2c.jpg

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Yep. Every board and not just limited to hockey. Happens in every sports board.

The same martyr-ish "We're the only group of fans that reacts to losses this way! O woe is me for having to deal with this!" posts on all of them as well.

99% of these fans by tomorrow come back to earth and cool off, there is a reason hockey is one of the most passionate sports for fans outside of maybe soccer, if everyone was acting like this in the first week of the season, then yeah I can see someone making the case of everyone overreacting, but tonight was the worst loss in the season and don't blame anyone for being emotional.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Yeah I'm sure Lou is busy throwing temper tantrums after every loss. He even goes down to the locker room and personally tells each player how pathetic they each are. Knee jerk reactions are also customary.

And using the logic of "high standards", the Red Wings message board must go absolutely ******* after every bad shift their team has.

Never heard of the Jelly Jar eh?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Oh come on, there's nothing unreasonable about being pissed off over blowing TWO multi-goal leads.

It was a pathetic performance and every single person that watches this team expects better than what we saw tonight.

I never lose my cool over this team but I'm pretty heated right now, and I know I'm not the only levelheaded poster on this board who's pissed.

Oh come on, have you seen the lineup we are icing? I'm not saying anyone should "accept" losing. But it is a bit ridiculous to have such over the top reactions.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

the wings fans were going absolute ******* during the off season because ken holland made no moves. they wanted him fired, and were talking about getting the 1st pick in 2013. almost every board is like this one.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Nothing better than fans telling other fans how to be a fan.

LOL. I don't think anyone is telling anyone else how to be a fan. But if you are going to bash the team you claim to be a fan of, don't be shocked when other fans call you out for it.

People like to call the team garbage and pathetic when they lose, or are not playing up to their perceived standards. Well, I think fans that do that are pathetic.

Don't dish it if you can't take it.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I hope I am wrong of course, but I have known since late February that we're not going to get into the playoffs.

They are bad in too many areas including behind the bench with Shaw and Scotty.
Tonight it was Pete by actually sending Volch to the ice in the 3rd period, then for some idiotic reason putting Gionta on the ice with less than 30 seconds left in the 3rd.

No accountability at all for poor play, we're not in the locker room but I doubt Sal is calling many out. He can't because he makes lots of gaffes himself.

A majorly flawed group of players.

Hardly anyone ever steps up and takes the bull by the horns and just gets it done.
Marty could have been that guy tonight and he looked shakey all night and was bailed out by a few posts.
Elias has racked up points but if I were Lou I would not sign him more than one more season, he looks cooked.

The defense corps is atrocious.

Lou did not replace the goal scoring/skill dept with Zach's departure and to an extent Sykora.

This team has no chance against anyone in a playoff series, not a sniff.
Even with Kovy. UNLESS, Lou makes some big ballsy changes between now and Wednesday afternoon.

Stick a fork in them otherwise.

i give you credit for putting your money where your mouth is, and i was feeling this way a few weeks ago...but to me, i see more of the bright side... granted i see some holes in this team, but they were without broduer for a month,, that would have been at least 2 or 3 more wins... they have lost more than their fair share in 4 on 4 ot and shootouts...neither of which exist in playoffs. and quite frankly after the first 10 games of the season i honestly thinks the breaks have not gone their way... in teh past5 or 6 games the devils have been the better team on the ice most nights yet have less to show for their effort thaan they should...that will happen but eventually that **** evens out.. barring tonight i think recently they have tightened up consideralbly on defense. scoring is an issue for this team and will remain one, but if they can find a way into the playoffs they are going to roll out 4 solid lines

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh come on, have you seen the lineup we are icing? I'm not saying anyone should "accept" losing. But it is a bit ridiculous to have such over the top reactions.

That bad roster got four goals tonight. Our eight-man defensive army is supposed to be able to protect leads. If they can't do it, then why are they all still here?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Split Elias and Clarkson too next game, they both have been liabilities lately.

This team is not likeable, I love the logo with passion, but not this team at all.

Not sure how Lou let it get to this, a sad sack defense and slow/unskilled forward group-magnified w/out Kovy.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
LOL. I don't think anyone is telling anyone else how to be a fan. But if you are going to bash the team you claim to be a fan of, don't be shocked when other fans call you out for it.

People like to call the team garbage and pathetic when they lose, or are not playing up to their perceived standards. Well, I think fans that do that are pathetic.

Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Stop being so full of yourself and acting like you're better than everyone here, to me there is nothing more pathetic than that.

Status Quo*

The way they lost tonight makes me want to dig a ditch on the side of the highway and lay in it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Have you seen the lineup Ottawa is icing? Because they have an even worse lineup, yet also managed to make us look silly.

There is no excuse for what we saw tonight. They were in control and blew it due to unforced errors. The team was flat out humiliated.

They had no business losing this game at any point tonight.

Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad