Post-Game Talk: Devils drop another one in shootout to Tampa -Blowing leads is our specialty edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Someone mentioned that fans on other team's message boards act the same way with the bashing of their team when they lose? I have lurked other boards after losses and no, for the most part, other fanbases don't do that normally. The only other board I have seen on our level is the NYR, oddly enough. At least with them, it's a team that has only one meaningful season in 40 years. What's our excuse?

As someone who has been here as a mod for too long I can tell you that you're so wrong, not sure what GDT's you have been in.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Me too. I had patience because I understood the injury bug this team went through but you can't give away games you need to very bad teams in this manner and not get pissed off. Tonight was my limit, you just can't lose these games, they really showed little heart tonight and I will never accept that.

I concur.

I can't remember another game that got me this angry.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
the lack of urgency is quite alarming, considering most of these guys were in must win situations in the playoffs last spring. they are really lacking. it's whatever at this point.

still can't believe deboer had gionta out there in the last few secs.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
We have higher standards than most teams.

There's high standards, and then there is just complete unrealistic expectations. And then there is acting like a toddler who just had his ice cream cone taken away when those impossible standards are not met.

People need to get a ****ing grip. We're not going to with the Cup every season. And even in the seasons that are successful, things are not always going to go well. Possibly for long stretches. It's called reality.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Someone mentioned that fans on other team's message boards act the same way with the bashing of their team when they lose? I have lurked other boards after losses and no, for the most part, other fanbases don't do that normally. The only other board I have seen on our level is the NYR, oddly enough. At least with them, it's a team that has only one meaningful season in 40 years. What's our excuse?

Its the culture that Lou has brought to the Devils since he arrived in 1987.

WE DON'T ACCEPT LOSING!!!!

lboogie42*

On the other hand, some of the gifs and pics posted on here are absolutely hilarious.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's high standards, and then there is just complete unrealistic expectations. And then there is acting like a toddler who just had his ice cream cone taken away when those impossible standards are not met.

People need to get a ****ing grip. We're not going to with the Cup every season. And even in the seasons that are successful, things are not always going to go well. Possibly for long stretches. It's called reality.

How is it unrealistic to expect us to win against bad teams? They've lost like ten games against non-playoff teams this year. I'm tired of saying sooner or later it's going to come back to bite them, but...

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

We are bad people. Or the fact that we have had success over a short period of time means we expect more. Who Knows but if you don't read it it won't affect you. Simple

lboogie42*

This exactly. Couldn't of put it more perfectly

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
elias-zajac-bernier
henrique-lokti-clarkson
poni-carter-dag
gio-sestito-kost

and switch tally and larsson with volch and harrold. that would actually make our defense mostly able to move the puck

harrold moves the puck very well its one of his strong traits, if puck movement is a concern then fayne out harrold in and tallinder is stronger than volch in that department

but the puck movement wasn't really a problem tonight...they got out of position and you sometimes just have to give credit to one of the best players in the nhl ...stamkos the guy does lead the nhl in goals ...im not overly worried about this team...just need to make the playoffs and they can make noise....assuming they are healthy...i still think they need a goal scorer up front or someone with more skill...they may be able to get away with it... at this point bernier and carter need to be put with a legit top nine center...and gio can center a 4th line..

poni/lokti/dag
carter/henrique/bernier
clark/zajac/elias
sestito/gio/koustoplus

those are my 4 lines tomorrow

lboogie42*

We are bad people. Or the fact that we have had success over a short period of time means we expect more. Who Knows but if you don't read it it won't affect you. Simple

If u don't watch it won't affect you. Simple.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012

This game was the perfect storm for an overspill of anger and venting.

Most posters here are generally composed following games, but blowing two 2 goal leads, giving up the tying goal in the last minute, losing in the SO with nary an effort, the porous defense, the breakdowns, and how tight the playoff picture is, I can understand the anger.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Missing Parise hurts because most of the time the shootouts do not go past the 1st 3shooters. Last year we had:

Kovy
Parise
Elias

now its

Zajac
Elias
Clarkson (ugh)

That's not the only reason. Parise couldn't score at all in the shootout the last two-thirds of the season last year. Our great shootout goalies have forgotten how to stop shots and Kovy's magic stick from last year is gone (and now so's Kovy himself).

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I feel so much better knowing there are Devil fans out there to show us how to act properly and be better fans, thank you guys!

Bosskarelli

Jun 21, 2007
Florida
As someone who has been here as a mod for too long I can tell you that you're so wrong, not sure what GDT's you have been in.

Yep. Every board and not just limited to hockey. Happens in every sports board.

The same martyr-ish "We're the only group of fans that reacts to losses this way! O woe is me for having to deal with this!" posts on all of them as well.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Most posters here are generally composed following games, but blowing two 2 goal leads, giving up the tying goal in the last minute, losing in the SO with nary an effort, the porous defense, the breakdowns, and how tight the playoff picture is, I can understand the anger.

Nope, we need to be cerebral fans!!

Status Quo*

eI7aIZ3.gif

lboogie42*

Lollll. Most posters here are not compose after losses. No matter how good we play. If we lose, most posters go nuts and start saying things they don't mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad