Post-Game Talk: Devils crush the Caps 6-0: The Dea Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
i never cease to be amused at the sheer irony of main boarders who will *LITERALLY* go out of their ****ing way to remind us how irrelevant we are. :biglaugh:

while at the same time go on defending the panthers and canes...... HAHA

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Not sure if this has been posted but thought I'd share...

Per Corey Masisak at the Athletic, through two games with Zacha on the ice at even strength:
  • Shot attempts — 29 for, 15 against
  • Scoring chances — 17 for, 6 against
  • Shots on goal — 19 for, 7 against

I just hope he finds some scoring touch and keeps firing shots on goal otherwise he'll become post-Parise Zajac. Really good corsi and defensive play but struggles to score on a soccer net.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I just hope he finds some scoring touch and keeps firing shots on goal otherwise he'll become post-Parise Zajac. Really good corsi and defensive play but struggles to score on a soccer net.
Zajac, neither with or post Parise showed the creativity that Zacha shows, but ya, until he finds that touch, we remain in fingers crossed mode.

Reactions: John Pedro

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am late. That was some game last night, perfect for the Devils. Kinkaid didn't have much pressure but did get a shut out. He is setting himself up for next season elsewhere with a pay check.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I am late. That was some game last night, perfect for the Devils. Kinkaid didn't have much pressure but did get a shut out. He is setting himself up for next season elsewhere with a pay check.

Should be interesting to see how this year and off-season plays out for Kinkaid and the impending UFA goalies.

You have Rinne, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, Howard, Talbot, Elliott, Neuvirth, and Miller (38 years old) all turning UFA this off-season. Then some guys in the "who the hell knows what to expect" ballpark as Kinkaid like Nilsson, Chad Johnson, Koskinen, Mrazek, Lehner, and a quickly-turning-into-Swiss-cheese Mike Smith.

I just wonder where Kinkaid falls in all of that. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him return to the Devils to tandem with Schneider, albeit on a deal closer to the 3 million AAV range.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Should be interesting to see how this year and off-season plays out for Kinkaid and the impending UFA goalies.

You have Rinne, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, Howard, Talbot, Elliott, Neuvirth, and Miller (38 years old) all turning UFA this off-season. Then some guys in the "who the hell knows what to expect" ballpark as Kinkaid like Nilsson, Chad Johnson, Koskinen, Mrazek, Lehner, and a quickly-turning-into-Swiss-cheese Mike Smith.

I just wonder where Kinkaid falls in all of that. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him return to the Devils to tandem with Schneider, albeit on a deal closer to the 3 million AAV range.
On the one hand, having so many UFA goalies may decrease the market for KK, so I'd think it helps our chances of re-signing him. On the other hand, if KK keeps up his play and Corey comes back strong, it probably makes a smaller market if we try to dish one of them off for help elsewhere.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
On the one hand, having so many UFA goalies may decrease the market for KK, so I'd think it helps our chances of re-signing him. On the other hand, if KK keeps up his play and Corey comes back strong, it probably makes a smaller market if we try to dish one of them off for help elsewhere.

Schneider will be interesting as far as this goalie market goes if he rebounds and Kinkaid makes him expendable.

Don't want to get too far off topic in the game thread, but I've been saying for a while I'm very interested to see how our goaltending situation plays out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Schneider will be interesting as far as this goalie market goes if he rebounds and Kinkaid makes him expendable.

Don't want to get too far off topic in the game thread, but I've been saying for a while I'm very interested to see how our goaltending situation plays out.
I don't think we could ever move Schneider even if we want to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad