Devils coaching staff

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
i literally read each page of this god forsaken thread and i wish i can take back every second of my life spent reading such atrocious comments. people *****ed and moaned on how Lou needed to go then it was Dum **** then Zubrus, you guys need something to ***** about simple as that. this organization **** the bed for the last 3 years. guys all across the state were screaming for a change... well now we got it ! because our new GM and coach didnt want to pick an assistant coach that has almost 3 years experience and has his number hanging from the rafters over someone who has chemistry and history with ? are we really that insane !?! because we dont have the names Stevens or Brodeur in our coaching staff and management we have to curse to the high heavens how bad these new guys are ? Lou and co hired a new GM for a reason... well guess what ladies and gentlemen we have a new staff. get over it ! these dudes haven't even put a roster together yet, not one game has been played , not one player has touched the practice ice yet. slow your roles, let these guys do their jobs. in 6 months if we are **** again, ill be the first person to light the mob torches and storm Frankensteins castle but until than, calm the hell down

Last edited:

GhostofKenKlee

Looking around at what other teams did, Philly has Hakstol coaching with THREE inherited coaches and Hextall will name a goalie coach and allow one more coach I guess to make Hakstol feel comfortable.

In the end, Hynes has to motivate and get out the most that he can like Lemaire from all players. If he can do that with Nasridienne and Ward, great.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
All the complaining - mine included - comes from the idea that ownership might be meddlesome and impatient. And that this organization, which has always succeeded by NOT following trends and by getting guys who embody its principles, is now being reduced to another cookie cutter team.

I completely agree with the idea of making the Devils a fast, attacking, quick-thinking transition team (as every team now wants to be, post Chicago/Tampa/Anaheim), but I want to see that idea combined with the discipline, professionalism, stickwork and positioning/support that every kid has to learn in NJ. And if a kid like Gelinas doesn't learn, will Shero have the guts to sit him when necessary?

I am not arguing against what Shero is preaching; for the longest time, I've wanted to see this team skate and make decisions at a much higher, faster (read: modern) level. But I look at even a team like Tampa Bay, playing in the Stanley Cup final, and the guys on that roster have worse defensive habits than even our most hated defensemen.

You can't win the cup without an identity. Establishing one is half the battle for a new GM coming to a troubled team. And all the complainers are worried about losing what we already had.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Yes. But imagine your sister being an athlete. She would need to take 3-5 thousand calories a day. Plus get enough protein. Thats a lot of beans, hemp protein powder and spaghetti.

Oh, it would definitely be even harder if she was a pro athlete. Vegan is not an easy diet/lifestyle as it is in my opinion. There's a reason it's not very popular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad