GDT: Devils @ Canes - Stanley Cup Playoffs - Rd 2, Gm 5 - 7:00 PM - TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Disagree, it was awful to see defenders just lob it over the glass when it wasn’t a rule.

Trapezoid is another story, only a couple goalies played the puck like Marty did. Every defending player can yuck it over the glass.
Again make it the same rule as icing, just prevent the change. What's so awful about a puck over the glass compared to an icing?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I've been thinking it for months but didn't want to say it for fear of jinxing it. But man Nico staying healthy was HUGE for this team this season, even though he had a shit round. After getting injured before the season even started it was the same ol' song and dance, but then he misses just one game before playing in every single one after.

Huge. Needs to be consistent with that still but I honestly didn't think he had it in him before this year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Canes were better so they deserved to win the series.

Might be hard to see at the moment but this was a fantastic season.

I trust Fitz to see where our weakness are and make some adjustments.

Luke is ready to play full time.

Hope they bring Haula back.

Graves is decent but most likely gone.

Don’t care what the stat nerds say, never liked Severson so ciao.

Tatar had a nice season but was pretty invisible all playoffs.

Wood is done as a Devil.

Bahl took a big step.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We had a pretty open road to cup final if they could have kept their shit together.

Sieges is gonna feel bad for some time. That was a really stupid mistake.

Bahl did the same in rangers series (game 7 or game 5) but we made it through safely

Reactions: Saint Beaurivage

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
We talk about siegs penalty and what ifs but if the panthers beat the hurricanes in the last game the devils have home ice against the islanders…

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Lots to look forward to guys. My heart stopped pounding the second that puck went it. Great season. Great learning experience for these kids. We've been hungry for these types of high pressure games, and we best get used to them going forward. We deserve it.

It was as if all the tension just disappeared IMMEDIATELY .... and the feeling sucked.

Reactions: Bramskii

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
I'm sad it's over. But I'm also incredibly proud of this team and everything they accomplished this year. The Hurricanes may not have the best talent, but they were the better team, an experienced group that has been together for a long time under a great coach.

The future is bright for the Devils! They will learn from today, and will come back stronger next year, hating the taste of defeat. They have shown that they belong among the best, but realized that belonging isn't enough.

Thank you Devils for a great year, it's only the beginning.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Honestly I think a bunch of our guys were totally gassed this series, which is part of the learning process too
We had a bullshit schedule. Oilers have already had multiple games with 2 nights off in their series?

We've been every other night since game 7. Including a 3pm start.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Again make it the same rule as icing, just prevent the change. What's so awful about a puck over the glass compared to an icing?
Then make the glass twice as high. Icing you still have to shoot the puck south to north with a lot of opposition in the way. It’s a much riskier play than lobbing it over the glass.

Reactions: HBK27

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully. He was effective in the regular season . Playoff? Nope.
Terrible , terrible play to cause the penalty.
He's gonna be 33 years old.

How happy will we be if he comes back on the same contract he's currently on, and he produced like he did last year? I wouldn't be surprised if people were talking buyout the second year or demotion (like Johnsson) to the AHL if that were to happen.

I'm not convinced we were ever bringing him back. I'm just not. Even if he had a great playoffs. That probably would have got him more money, to be honest.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Heartbreaking, but great season. Luke looking like a future star (maybe as soon as next year?) really makes it not sting too bad. We are in such good shape.

I think we got some clarity on some UFAs though. Graves, thanks for your contributions, but you’re gone. Awful.

Tatar…sad to say but he was so bad against the Canes. That final awful decision felt like the nail in the coffin for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad