iMtXmlj.png

kgPg1gD.png

z6ugUDE.jpg

ercGCHc.jpg

PyhlcvV.png

kg6lSis.gif

biwvfTk.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What a trip down memory lane!

How the f*** did I not see the back of the CD with the track list of all the Hynesism’s before this? I swear to god I don’t remember that when if happened. I know I was on here every day, but I must not have taken a good enough look at it back then at the time.

Holy f*** that was great though! I can’t believe I didn’t notice that at the time to really appreciate how great that was in the present.

I remember everything else. Judging by Blackwood/Domingue tandem and it being nothing Hynes’isms, that had to be in the couple week span between Cory’s demotion and Hynes firing. I think there was only like two weeks between them. Maybe three.

Unless somehow that was right after Hynes was fired and that was still the theme.

I had to go through game logs from that year and that has to be from November 22nd of 2019 against the Pens. That checks out. Hynes was fired like a few days into December. We lost that game 4-1 in Pittsburgh lol. Taylor Hall had our only goal and John Marino scored for Pittsburgh.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is killing me now

@JK3 I really don’t wanna water this thread down over something 3-3.5 years ago, but I can’t for the life of me find the original CD and track list post. It says vs Pens. There was actually one other game a week before that on November 15th of 2019 against them. You did the GDT for that one, but I don’t see that in the OP. It was actually @Better Call Dano that did the one a week later. We actually won the game on November 15th 2-1 on goals from Zajac and Coleman. That game from my memory is actually one of the best games Blackwood ever played. He stopped 38 of 39.

We only played the Pens three times that year. Those two times in November and what wound up being the season finale in March in the last game before the covid pause. Domingue was gone by then and so were Hynes, Hall, Coleman and Greene.

The reason this is killing me is because I’m trying to find the original post because I really wanna see if I reacted to it in a GDT and elaborated on it because that’s seriously one of the funniest and most clever things I’ve ever seen on here.

Is it possible that you made this back then, but it somehow was previously unreleased before today? And you just never used it? Is it possible this never saw the light of day until today?

Reactions: My3Sons

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Didn't have the best night ever at the Rock Tuesday, guy behind me might have been one of the biggest morons I've ever heard.

The people next to me were great tho, there was a Buffalo fan and a girl I thought was his GF. The guy really knew his stuff and it was great talking to him. Turns out the girl (who was not his girlfriend) was Reagan Rust who plays for the Riveters. She agreed the guy behind us had no idea what he was talking about

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just went through the forum pages from the 19-20 season trying to search for the original System of a Down and out team CD post lol.

My stomach is now turning. All the “We are the ones who blow leads” and “We are the ones who gave up 5 unanswered goals” posts and post GDT’s lol. What a barfworthy slogan that whole campaign was. f*** that time in both my own life and Devils hockey life. The only positive we’ll ever hang our hat on from that season is that it was the first we ever saw of Jack Hughes in the NHL.

The hot fuzz GDT was very bittersweet though, as Blake Coleman was one of the two characters and Coleman wound up not even playing in that game, as he was traded that very night and so was Andy Greene.

Anyway, back to 2023 I go!

Win this f***ing game, so we have some nice things to remember in years from now out of this GDT and not me waxing poetic about some stupid shit irrelevant season in the middle of the new dark ages.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
This is killing me now

@JK3 I really don’t wanna water this thread down over something 3-3.5 years ago, but I can’t for the life of me find the original CD and track list post. It says vs Pens. There was actually one other game a week before that on November 15th of 2019 against them. You did the GDT for that one, but I don’t see that in the OP. It was actually @Better Call Dano that did the one a week later. We actually won the game on November 15th 2-1 on goals from Zajac and Coleman. That game from my memory is actually one of the best games Blackwood ever played. He stopped 38 of 39.

We only played the Pens three times that year. Those two times in November and what wound up being the season finale in March in the last game before the covid pause. Domingue was gone by then and so were Hynes, Hall, Coleman and Greene.

The reason this is killing me is because I’m trying to find the original post because I really wanna see if I reacted to it in a GDT and elaborated on it because that’s seriously one of the funniest and most clever things I’ve ever seen on here.

Is it possible that you made this back then, but it somehow was previously unreleased before today? And you just never used it? Is it possible this never saw the light of day until today?
How the hell do you even notice something like that and remember this stuff lol. I found this one, the best part is the poll haha.
It’s different from the one posted here. I have so many different versions of these things. Sometimes they get recycled/changed or not used at all.

The one I grabbed and put in here was probably from a different year and didn’t get used. Looks like I changed the Devils lineup but not the Pens. I’m still confused on it, I’ll have to look again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad