Post-Game Talk: Devils blow lead late and lose to Habs in Shootout (Same Movie)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What does this even mean?

By "hot hand," I'm talking about his two snipes in the last two games. He hasn't had two goals in as many games yet this year, so I'm not sure what you mean by his "hot hand earlier in the year." I'd be more comfortable putting that out there than, say, Zajac.

I distinctly remember one game earlier this year where Ryder scored, then was awful in his SO attempt. I'm sure there have been other occasions where that's happened. Scoring in regulation has zero bearing on whether you're competent on one-on-one breakaways, which he's never been.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
57b32e628e075ae4bd0a73ba29026070.jpg

Devils' edition: How to lose two points in 29 seconds.

Much more efficient story. Still takes a couple of hours of your life, though.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The best part of yesterdays hockey game was Ray Ferraro commenting on the play of #28. He basically said everything I've been saying for the past several years.

If he isn't amnestied this offseason, I just don't know what to say anymore. We have a surplus of blueliners and he's the worst one of the entire bunch AND he's our highest paid d-man.

He needs to be removed from our roster, period.

MountainGoat

The best part of yesterdays hockey game was Ray Ferraro commenting on the play of #28. He basically said everything I've been saying for the past several years.

If he isn't amnestied this offseason, I just don't know what to say anymore. We have a surplus of blueliners and he's the worst one of the entire bunch AND he's our highest paid d-man.

He needs to be removed from our roster, period.

I think it's only a matter of time really, Volch has been playing well but there's just too much talent coming up

MountainGoat

also Bernier was awesome again this game, he's the perfect 3rd liner

just wish we had a deeper top 6

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 51s
PK Subban n'aura pas d'audience avec la LNH suite à sa jambette par derrière sur Patrick Elias hier soir. #canadiens

No hearing for PK

what a shock, its almost like we knew it would happen..... oh wait

Status Quo*

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 51s
PK Subban n'aura pas d'audience avec la LNH suite à sa jambette par derrière sur Patrick Elias hier soir. #canadiens

No hearing for PK

what a shock, its almost like we knew it would happen..... oh wait

LOL if it was the opposite way around, Montreal would have wanted the game protested, Elias arrested, and a lifetime ban on Elias.

MountainGoat

Is deeper the same as talented? Because we need 6 or more talented offensive players.

I just mean it would be nice to have Parise or Kovalchuk back :cry:

or someone that could help carry the load.. other than 40 year old Jagr busting his *ss every game for us

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I just saw another replay of Henrique's bonehead play. Boy did he have an awful game last night.

Complain about Subban being dirty all you want, but if Henrique doesn't do that we're celebrating a win. What in the world was he thinking?

I'm surprised he hasn't been absolutely killed over this. Boy if that was Zajac, Loktionov, Josefson, Brunner, Ryder, Sestito, or Cam there would be threads dedicated to that play. Brutal.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Haven't had time to read through the entire GDT so forgive me if it has already been talked about, but in OT when Merril gave...I mean handed them a breakaway on a silver platter, then was back out there a shift or two later and Chico said "this is what I like about Pete, rookie makes a mistake and he says don't worry get back out there."

I don't care about the mistake really, any D man could have made that same mistake, or no other D man would have, don't care.

My point is my head almost exploded when Chico said that, it was almost like he was being sarcastic..... but he wasn't

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen
I just saw another replay of Henrique's bonehead play. Boy did he have an awful game last night.

Complain about Subban being dirty all you want, but if Henrique doesn't do that we're celebrating a win. What in the world was he thinking?

I'm surprised he hasn't been absolutely killed over this. Boy if that was Zajac, Loktionov, Josefson, Brunner, Ryder, Sestito, or Cam there would be threads dedicated to that play. Brutal.

seriously

Henrique was pretty much the reason we lost last night. he was all turned around on thw 2nd goal and then made a god awful clear/perfect pass on the 3rd goal.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No doubt Henrique was bad, but I do recall quite a few people pointing that out. I don't think he's really being given a pass. This seems to be a trend with Adam. Play a couple real good games followed by a couple terrible games.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I've reserved commenting on this as I wanted to keep giving Henrique the benefit of the doubt and more chances

It's been pretty much the whole season now, but where did Henrique's speed and explosiveness go? His rookie season he showed great instances of both but we have yet to really see that this season - he's doing a great job mastering the Langenbrunner special of stick-handle-gliding while looking for a pass to make rather than taking the initiative and trying to create something

Perhaps there is some correlation between playing with speedy and creative guys like Kovy and Parise and slower or less creative guys like Ryder and Brunner?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
No doubt Henrique was bad, but I do recall quite a few people pointing that out. I don't think he's really being given a pass. This seems to be a trend with Adam. Play a couple real good games followed by a couple terrible games.

Might he still be hurt? Because that was more than bad game. He didn't seem to be himself at all. Granted he's underperformed but that didn't seem like a normal game for the guy.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Might he still be hurt? Because that was more than bad game. He didn't seem to be himself at all. Granted he's underperformed but that didn't seem like a normal game for the guy.

Maybe but frankly this trend dates back to last season as well. Sometimes he just doesn't really seem to be into the game. Its strange...

NJDevils1

May 14, 2010
So im still butt hurt about the subban thing but I was rewatching the OT because I remember Subban pulled someone down. If anyone has gamecenter, and if you watch the TSN feed with around ~ 1:40 left you can see Subban literally threw Zids to the ground late after the puck left.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

He should probably be the goat of this game.

People are so quick to blame Cory, but if not for that awful play on the tying goal, there is no shootout. We would have never had to see that awful performance by Cory in the shootout.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Maybe but frankly this trend dates back to last season as well. Sometimes he just doesn't really seem to be into the game. Its strange...

That is part of what I was eluding to in my post above as well

I'm not sure if it's he's not into it, he's just choosing to glide around looking for a smart play, or if he's hurt - unlikely the latter, but something hasn't been right with him

NC107*

I just mean it would be nice to have Parise or Kovalchuk back :cry:

or someone that could help carry the load.. other than 40 year old Jagr busting his *ss every game for us[/QUOTE

I agree re: Jagr. he is 41 and according to DeBoer is being over worked. What is that telling you or us. That Jagr is complaining about work load. We never replaced Parise or Sykora. Clarkson got replaced by Clowe. Brunner, Ryder and Jagr replaced the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00