Post-Game Talk: Devils blow lead late and lose to Habs in Shootout (Same Movie)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL yup! It's funny because earlier I almost made a post calling one of them the other name instead. I corrected myself before I posted it. Now I'm doing it again!:laugh:

For some reason I keep associating the two with each other. One of them has come back to earth the last two games, the other disappeared 1.5 months ago and hasn't been heard from since.

And I hate to be that guy, but what does everyone think the chances are of a Petey Jr sighting the next game?

Who's he going to play over? There's no Larsson around to scapegoat (WTF is his problem anyway? Yet another instance where treating injuries with CIA importance drives the fans nuts). He'd have to be in over Fayne...or Janssen at forward.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Josefson (and Tedenby for that matter) are not going to be on the Devils by the end of the year. The sooner people come to grips with this the better this whole board will be. They're both done here as far as being any kind of regulars, especially after Pete called them out for not being like other young guys that capitalized on their opportunities. They're being sat over Sestito and Janssen now.

I agree. I could see Josefson lasting another year, but I think Tedenby is gone. Swedish Elite League is where he'll be IMO. I would bet he already had an offer to play there this year, and that's why he was signed pretty much before any other free agent.

I still think we're seeing Petey Jr the next game. You know he's gonna **** with something after 3 goals against in the last two games straight.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Josefson (and Tedenby for that matter) are not going to be on the Devils by the end of the year. The sooner people come to grips with this the better this whole board will be. They're both done here as far as being any kind of regulars, especially after Pete called them out for not being like other young guys that capitalized on their opportunities. They're being sat over Sestito and Janssen now.

And Pete was right! Look at Reid Boucher, he got his chance and made more of an impact than Invisifson/Tedenbust have COMBINED ALL YEAR LONG!

The writing is on the wall, its time to let them go to free up some roster space.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who's he going to play over? There's no Larsson around to scapegoat (WTF is his problem anyway? Yet another instance where treating injuries with CIA importance drives the fans nuts). He'd have to be in over Fayne...or Janssen at forward.

He'd probably play over Fayne, possibly Merrill. Merill had kind of a rough game tonight. Gelinas (I think it was) pretty much caused goal number 2. I don't think he'll be taken out. If he is we should riot.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
We should sent Boucher back to Albany. Don't want him playing his hometown Wings on Friday and starting to fall in love with the idea of going there in 7 years.

Lou must start moving his entire family to NJ immediately.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Am I really reading this?

I disagree, Josefson does not have the natural talent Henrique has. Every year all I hear JaJo JaJo JaJo, yet nothing ever materializes with the guy. I'm starting to feel that ship has sailed sadly. Henrique on the other hand has the skill set to become a bonefide NHL Allstar. I just feel Henrique's confidence is shot at this point and maybe he's gripping the stick a bit.

If you look at Josefsons numbers and then Henriques numbers WITHOUT 9/17 their surprisingly similarly mediocre especially when you consider the context: Henrique is coddled and given superior linemates and PP times while Josefson is yoyo'd.

Henrique's ES point totals for his career without 9/17 vs Josefson's numbers...take a look at them.

I also have no Josefson bias. Really really don't.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I agree. I could see Josefson lasting another year, but I think Tedenby is gone. Swedish Elite League is where he'll be IMO. I would bet he already had an offer to play there this year, and that's why he was signed pretty much before any other free agent.

I still think we're seeing Petey Jr the next game. You know he's gonna **** with something after 3 goals against in the last two games straight.

I think Josefson can still have a pro career, but it's not going to be with the Devils. At least not unless Pete gets canned tomorrow and JL comes back again. People that think Josefson was all hype really need to get some of Lemaire's quotes about him a few years back posted. He wasn't all hype but it just has not worked for him the last two years here.

I don't think Tedenby'll ever be a real NHL player period, whether it's Pete or any other coach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's very possible that Tedenby is waived if everyone can get healthy at the same time. We're gonna have to start waiving guys pretty soon with Clowe returning. Then we got Carter and Gionta. I think Carter is on IR, Gionta is not I don't believe.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Based on what? A season with all world wingers?

Just stop it. Henrique was not with all world wingers in the playoffs when he also had a major impact.

And if you could put any schlub with Kovalchuk and have him do well Zajac wouldn't have been an offensive black hole with him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Josefson can still have a pro career, but it's not going to be with the Devils. At least not unless Pete gets canned tomorrow and JL comes back again. People that think Josefson was all hype really need to get some of Lemaire's quotes about him a few years back posted. He wasn't all hype but it just has not worked for him the last two years here.

I don't think Tedenby'll ever be a real NHL player period, whether it's Pete or any other coach.

That's why I can see Josefson lasting another year. I really don't think he'll be waived just yet. Tedenby is dangerously close to it.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If you look at Josefsons numbers and then Henriques numbers WITHOUT 9/17 their surprisingly similarly mediocre especially when you consider the context: Henrique is coddled and given superior linemates and PP times while Josefson is yoyo'd.

Henrique's ES point totals for his career without 9/17 vs Josefson's numbers...take a look at them.

I also have no Josefson bias. Really really don't.

Henrique this year has played far superior to Josefson and the last time I checked, 17 and 9 are missing.

The reason Josefson has been in and out of the line-up is because he does absolutely NOTHING every time he's given a chance to play! Its a simple formula, you get a chance with limited minutes and PROVE that you deserve more. Boucher did it, Loktionov did it, Henrique did it, Gelinas did it, Merrill did it, Bernier did it, Carter did it, Gionta did it, Larsson did it, Josefson has not.

Mory Schneideur*

I wanted to reserve my judgement for a while, but it's starting to bother me how Cory can't pull out some W's up on the board, and how he keeps getting the "team has failed him" pass.

I don't want to sound like I'm blaming the guy, but 1/3 into the season it worries me that the guy hasn't found the extra gear a few games to keep us ahead. It's just strange that team fails him night in, night out, yet the almost 42 year old somehow pulls out the W's and gets the points in the stand.

This bothers me Bc when your team sucks, sometimes the goalie is supposed to be the guy gets the 2pts for the team. Am I over thinking it?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Just stop it. Henrique was not with all world wingers in the playoffs when he also had a major impact.

Come on now. Henrique had a great playoffs but so did CBGB.

Let's not use that small sample there to suddenly elevate him beyond criticism. He also had quite a few important PP shifts and ES shifts with KOVY and PARISE because Zajac was killing a ton of penalties.

Henrique's rookie year doesn't render him immune from criticism. The guy has done virtually NOTHING since 9/17 left. NOTHING. Yet he's treated like the second coming. He's awful right now. And if we replaced him with Josefson you're talking about an insignificant difference at best.

Henrique hasn't shown me or anyone else a damn thing since his rookie year. Keep pointing to that season all you want but Zach and Kovy aren't walking through that door.

Mory Schneideur*

Henrique this year has played far superior to Josefson and the last time I checked, 17 and 9 are missing.

The reason Josefson has been in and out of the line-up is because he does absolutely NOTHING every time he's given a chance to play! Its a simple formula, you get a chance with limited minutes and PROVE that you deserve more. Boucher did it, Loktionov did it, Henrique did it, Gelinas did it, Merrill did it, Bernier did it, Carter did it, Gionta did it, Larsson did it, Josefson has not.

I agree. Same with Tedenby. They guys are done and we should get over them. At this point it's like trying to make it work with your ex for the 30th time. It's time to move on and find a hot new plaything to occupy our minds with.

Let's not use that small sample there to suddenly elevate him beyond criticism. He also had quite a few important PP shifts and ES shifts with KOVY and PARISE because Zajac was killing a ton of penalties.

Henrique's rookie year doesn't render him immune from criticism. The guy has done virtually NOTHING since 9/17 left. NOTHING. Yet he's treated like the second coming. He's awful. And if we replaced him with Josefson you're talking about an insignificant difference at best.

Henrique hasn't shown me or anyone else a damn thing since his rookie year. Keep pointing to that season all you want but Zach and Kovy aren't walking through that door.

Nothing & awful are pretty extreme. I would say he's having a sophomore slump and a confidence problem. The guy almost won the Calder against top guys, he has the skills. Even tonight he pulled off some sweet moves, he's just not executing. Once he starts executing again, we will remember how amaIng he is.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cory just won three in a row, and everyone and their grandmother here pretty much is blaming the fact he didn't win number four in a row on the non-call with Subban at the end of regulation. He sucks balls in the skills competition, so does most of our team.

If Marty plays both ends of the back-to-back this weekend I'm going to go postal. I could see that happening too if he plays Friday and wins.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

The only reason Henrique isn't sitting in the press box is because of his reputation. If "Henrique! It's Over! never happened I doubt Deboer has any qualms sitting the guy. Josefson sits because he doesn't have the track record (albeit one season). So Henrique gets the benefit of the doubt.

He gets top 6 minutes. He gets the PP. He gets the PK. He gets OT. He gets the shootout.

He has done NOTHING since his rookie year to earn ANY of that (aside from the PK).

Yet everyone constantly points to that as some sort of barometer of success for the guy. He hasn't approached that since that year. He's not playing well at all this year. If Josefson received the playing time with Henrique's linemates, with that consistency, I bet Josefson isn't producing significantly less than Rico if any less.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Henrique's rookie year doesn't render him immune from criticism. The guy has done virtually NOTHING since 9/17 left. NOTHING. Yet he's treated like the second coming. He's awful. And if we replaced him with Josefson you're talking about an insignificant difference at best.

Funny how that logic never applied to Zajac when he was struggling for TWO FULL seasons without Parise around. Henrique has barely had the equivalent of one full bad offensive season yet...we're talking about 75 or so games between last year and this. It's not yet a trend the way it was with Zajac...I'd like to see if he (Henrique) stinks offensively when the entire team doesn't stink offensively first before I throw him in the trash a couple of months into a six-year deal. He hasn't even played the same position this year, he's been thrown between wing and center the whole season.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Funny how that logic never applied to Zajac when he was struggling for TWO FULL seasons without 9. Henrique hasn't even had the equivalent of one full bad offensive season yet...we're talking about 75 or so games between last year and this.

Of course it applied to Zajac. Zajac hasn't proven me a damn thing since 9 left. Why are you assuming I'm being hypocritical?

Both Zajac and Henrique cashed in on paychecks that they should send out commisions for. To 9 and 9/17 respectively.

I have no qualms equally distributing criticism to all the underperforming players on this team.

Mory Schneideur*

Cory just won three in a row, and everyone and their grandmother here pretty much is blaming the fact he didn't win number four in a row on the non-call with Subban at the end of regulation. He sucks balls in the skills competition, so does most of our team.

If Marty plays both ends of the back-to-back this weekend I'm going to go postal. I could see that happening too if he plays Friday and wins.

He did win 3 in a row but weren't 2 of those comeback miracles? Maybe I am just overthinking and expecting too much from the guy. Maybe I just feel like this Bc every time I attend a game Cory loses :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wanted to reserve my judgement for a while, but it's starting to bother me how Cory can't pull out some W's up on the board, and how he keeps getting the "team has failed him" pass.

I don't want to sound like I'm blaming the guy, but 1/3 into the season it worries me that the guy hasn't found the extra gear a few games to keep us ahead. It's just strange that team fails him night in, night out, yet the almost 42 year old somehow pulls out the W's and gets the points in the stand.

This bothers me Bc when your team sucks, sometimes the goalie is supposed to be the guy gets the 2pts for the team. Am I over thinking it?
Yes you are over thinking it. Schneider did nothing wrong in this game. In the shootout he blew though. That looked like the Yann Danis shootout from a few years back. It actually looked like Hedberg was back in goal for the Devils. I remember him looking very similar in shootouts last year.

I don't think Marty will play both. What I could see happening, is Cory doesn't play a game next week that he otherwise would have played. The chances of that get better if Cory loses his game weekend.

You never know, it's Pete Dumbeor we're talking about here. Would anyone be shocked if he uses this game as a reference to ''Punishing'' Cory? I don't think he deserves it, but that shootout was tough to watch.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He did win 3 in a row but weren't 2 of those comeback miracles? Maybe I am just overthinking and expecting too much from the guy. Maybe I just feel like this Bc every time I attend a game Cory loses :laugh:

When you expect each goalie to win 30 games this year, your expectations are probably a little high.;)

Mory Schneideur*

Of course it applied to Zajac. Zajac hasn't proven me a damn thing since 9 left. Why are you assuming I'm being hypocritical?

Both Zajac and Henrique cashed in on paychecks that they should send out commisions for. To 9 and 9/17 respectively.

I have no qualms equally distributing criticism to all the underperforming players on this team.

Here's where I can't agree. Zajac has been invisible mostly, Henrique has not. You can even put Henrique in the Zajac category, totally not fair. Zajac is the highest paid player on the team isn't he?

I don't think we should start judging Henrique on a half a bad season last year and a quarter of a slow year this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad