Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Isles 2-1 (No Points for you, Isles....or Rangers!)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Seriously, anyone else noticed how Zidlicky was outpaced during the first 2 periods lol ?

Well...

tequila.jpg

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Last night I felt like Tedenby was the one creating chances for the other two as opposed to Elias. Tedenby and Clarkson have always had good chemistry.
Because neither one is very good defensively. They both rely on keeping the opponets on their heels.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He had some great chances, threw his weight around and was working the cycle well. But, ultimately, he won't stay because he's too slow.

I thought Matteau's speed was fine. But there are things he can work on. He could easily stick on the team, but I think I'd prefer that he go back to the Q and develop his offensive game further instead of risking stunting his offensive game. Remember what the Flyers did to Zubrus.

Larsson in for Volchenkov makes them so much more dynamic at the blue line. Volchenkov is just not very good and shouldn't be in there stunting the growth of Larsson. The team looked really good. With the addition of a forward and Larsson inserted this will be a good good team.

I agree, Larsson should definitely be in. It's hard to justify sitting Volch though. His salary is high, and his play hasn't been so bad to merit a benching. We'll see what Lou comes up with.

From TG's:“I thought he was outstanding,†Elias said of Tedenby. “He created three great opportunities offensively and defensively he was solid. He backed me up a few times when I went on the forecheck and he was the first guy back. A great job by him there.â€

If he can play like that at a relatively consistent rate, we're golden.

I like hearing that praise from Patty. Definitely some chemistry brewing for that line.

The only thing I noticed was in the defensive zone, he started chasing and ended up double teaming guys on occasion.

Ya, I noticed times when he was out of position too. But his backchecking was excellent, and he was much more responsible with the puck than he has been in the past. Definitely a step forward for him defensively.

DevilChuk*

I can't believe we signed up for 8 more years of this... :shakehead

Too bad both of them are overpaid and like Marty, will likely fall apart and lose a few limbs in the next year or so.

Damn that pass was so beautiful though. No offense to Zajac but a monkey could have put that in.. it was gorgeous.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
at first when i saw the goal at full speed it looked like he passed it under streit. and i came. then i saw it was over. but it was still a badass dish.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We have our new whipping boy! Be +2, play the most minutes shorthanded. Tie for lead of shots by defensemen.

Weakest link.

I know he's your favourite d-men but if you can't say that he's our weakest link, you are either Volchenkov himself or a relative, one or the other.

He's +2 and was absolutely irrelevant and both goals, he plays the most minutes short handed cause he's average at even strength and the PP isn't a option so they have to play him somewhere and none of his shots were threatening.

He's our weakest link, he's also our highest paid d-men and he's eating up a roster spot that can be used on the cornerstone of our franchise, which we drafted 4th overall a couple of years ago.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Or Larsson just isn't ready in the Coaches opinion.

Take off your blinders DATW. Volch, a long with the defense as a whole, had a great game.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Or Larsson just isn't ready in the Coaches opinion.

Take off your blinders DATW. Volch, a long with the defense as a whole, had a great game.

Look a couple of pages back and you'll see I'm not the only one who thinks that way... I might be thinking it the longest but regardless, Volchenkov is our weakest link.

So Larsson isn't ready despite playing 65 games in his rookie year and getting injured along the process, DeBoer saying he'll be a key part of this team and Lou not sending him in Albany?

Solid analysis Brit ;)

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I know he's your favourite d-men but if you can't say that he's our weakest link, you are either Volchenkov himself or a relative, one or the other.

He's +2 and was absolutely irrelevant and both goals, he plays the most minutes short handed cause he's average at even strength and the PP isn't a option so they have to play him somewhere and none of his shots were threatening.

He's our weakest link, he's also our highest paid d-men and he's eating up a roster spot that can be used on the cornerstone of our franchise, which we drafted 4th overall a couple of years ago.

Couldn't agree more. He's just not very good.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Isn't ready to start the season*

Whoops.

I would agree with you if DeBoer would've said that he had a average camp... But he said the complete opposite.

Anyways, the last thing I want is for Larsson to watch from the press box. Tallinder or Volchenkov, one of those guys has to go in order for us to fit Larsson on our roster cause you can't healthy scratch someone earning between 3M$ and 4.25M$.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

If you take all our D men minus Larsson and Harrold they are all in the same class. Volchenkov is still pretty young (30) compared to Salvador (36), Tallinder (34), and Zidlicky (35). He plays the dirty minutes and has a shot that seems to always get on net. I do not understand why everyone thinks he is so much worse than the rest of the group when they are all pretty equal.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Win the opening game scoring 2 goals only, letting 19 shots go through to Marty.

Biggest problem: Larsson is not playing. Yeah right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad