Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Isles 2-1 (No Points for you, Isles....or Rangers!)

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Plus he and Kovy are BFF's.

574744_487335701295580_1157836969_n.jpg

Is the chubby one Volch's?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Mark Fayne is the best bang for his buck on our defense and he's 25. Let me say that again, he's 25. You don't trade the awesome defenseman who's 25 and signed to a great contract. The only defenseman younger then him is Larsson. But hey, lets trade him!

Yea I would be surprised if we moved Fayne. He is a big young kid who already played 2 solid years for us. I am hoping he takes it to another level this year and becomes our #1 defenseman that we have been lacking.

Oroku Saki*

Mark Fayne is the best bang for his buck on our defense and he's 25. Let me say that again, he's 25. You don't trade the awesome defenseman who's 25 and signed to a great contract. The only defenseman younger then him is Larsson. But hey, lets trade him!

If we didn't have a solid pipeline of defenseman, I'd agree with you but people want a top-6 winger and the other team is going to ask for Fayne, rightfully so.

Oroku Saki*

I stalk them. :sarcasm:

Browsing through players Facebooks and saw his wifes.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org

You do of you want something in return of value.

Can't get Freisen without Sykora, no Mogilny without Morrison, and no Kovalchuk without... Errr lol Bergfors?

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I'm not worried about the offence, everybody is off their timing to start the season. We won't be an offensive powerhouse this year, but we'll score enough to win.

Marty played well, the defence played well, all the kids looked good. We could have done much worse out of the season opener.

We'll score enough to win only if he have a very solid defense. There will be a lot of low scoring games and DeBoer knows it.

I just think he doesn't think it's the best time for Larsson to have an audition out there right now. He did not dominate in Albany, had everything from very good to pretty mediocre games. Larsson has a fan club here, I get that, but I don't think DeBoer is ready to scratch Tallinder or Volchenkov, who gives us a better chance to win. Yeah, Volch is not always that brilliant but he is a seasoned veteran and should have a solid spot on the team as is right now.

Our depth on D right now doesn't really allow Larsson on the team, it's trade a D-man or wait until one gets hurt. And one or the other will happen.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I personally think the only defensemen that management has off limits for a trade are Larsson, Salvador (Captain) and maybe Greene unless we get a very good return for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Fayne for the right return.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder how we'll hold up against Philly? Can we score more than 2? The PK has to get better cause we can't afford to give up a PP goal a game when we're gonna give up even strength goals most games.

I like how we pinned them in their zone for the most part. Can we do that to the teams that are a little more tougher though? We got 28 shots, and probably had none on the PP yesterday, maybe 1 on the PP. It looked like hell, but that's a new system so I'll give that some time to gel. I have to ask though, what was Bernier doing on the PP with 30 seconds left? I'm cool with those guys on the PK, but PP?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Flyers defense is atrocious so I am not worried about our offense Tuesday. The key is to not allow their offense to hem us in our own zone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Flyers defense is atrocious so I am not worried about our offense Tuesday. The key is to not allow their offense to hem us in our own zone.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I wonder how we'll hold up against Philly? Can we score more than 2? The PK has to get better cause we can't afford to give up a PP goal a game when we're gonna give up even strength goals most games.

I like how we pinned them in their zone for the most part. Can we do that to the teams that are a little more tougher though? We got 28 shots, and probably had none on the PP yesterday, maybe 1 on the PP. It looked like hell, but that's a new system so I'll give that some time to gel. I have to ask though, what was Bernier doing on the PP with 30 seconds left? I'm cool with those guys on the PK, but PP?

I'm optimistic about Tuesday, our defense should be able to handle Philly, and their defensive play is so-so, there will be opportunities.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
volch you really gotta stop being all "ha ha we live here in america, eat like kings!" with your kid, little homies gonna end up diabetic or something

lou trade this man

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I want to see how he plays with Stevens behind the bench. Scott is the perfect teacher for a player like Volchenkov.

With Volch, what you see is what you get at this point. And what made Stevens so great was his sense of timing. He knew when to step up for the big hit, and when to give ground. That isn't really teachable.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fayne is traded. People want a top-6 winger but then **** on Volchenkov and Tallinder while offering them. It doesn't work both ways.

Fayne won't be traded, he is too good a value for the money he's making right now. Only if it's for a similarly underpaid forward could I see it happening, and even then I'd be very puzzled.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'd like to see Matteau switched with Zubrus to balance out the lines a bit. Use matteau in the same way palmieri was used. Keep the teddy clarky Elias line together and the gio Bernier carter line together. Then when henrique gets back put him with josefson and zubrus.

Matteau - zajac -kovy
Tedenby - Elias - Clarkson
Zubrus - josefson - henrique
Gionta - carter - bernier

I think that gives us a very balanced attack with really no weak line. The only concern would be the two way play of line 1.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I'd like to see Matteau switched with Zubrus to balance out the lines a bit. Use matteau in the same way palmieri was used. Keep the teddy clarky Elias line together and the gio Bernier carter line together. Then when henrique gets back put him with josefson and zubrus.

Matteau - zajac -kovy

I think that gives us a very balanced attack with really no weak line. The only concern would be the two way play of line 1.

I like the Idea of Matteau in 1st line. He has the hands and hockey IQ Palmieri never had. He might do good with Kovy.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We'll score enough to win only if he have a very solid defense. There will be a lot of low scoring games and DeBoer knows it.

I just think he doesn't think it's the best time for Larsson to have an audition out there right now. He did not dominate in Albany, had everything from very good to pretty mediocre games. Larsson has a fan club here, I get that, but I don't think DeBoer is ready to scratch Tallinder or Volchenkov, who gives us a better chance to win. Yeah, Volch is not always that brilliant but he is a seasoned veteran and should have a solid spot on the team as is right now.

Our depth on D right now doesn't really allow Larsson on the team, it's trade a D-man or wait until one gets hurt. And one or the other will happen.

You might be right... But why not send him back to Albany, where he can actually play and improve his overall game instead of watching games and have Harrold as a #7?

Wouldn't Larsson benefit more from playing heavy minutes in the AHL instead of zero minutes in the NHL?

P.S. the fact that Adam made us a "favour" when he signed his ELC, only for him to be in the press box right now, would leave a sour taste in my mouth if I where in his shoes.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

Matteau - zajac -kovy

So where would you put Zubrus until Henrique comes back then?

I like the idea, but it`s too big of a promotion. Palmieri didn`t earn it either (like Henrique), but I didn`t care for him much and never felt like he`ll be here for a longer period of time. I want to play it safe with Matteau.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
So where would you put Zubrus until Henrique comes back then?

I like the idea, but it`s too big of a promotion. Palmieri didn`t earn it either (like Henrique), but I didn`t care for him much and never felt like he`ll be here for a longer period of time. I want to play it safe with Matteau.

Matteau isn't going to play 1st line minutes.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Trade Fayne? I definitely have no fingerprints on this one although I won't be shocked if someone blew it out of proportion again with grade A literacy.

GM17*

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Tedenby Elias Zubrus
Matteau Josefson Clarktard
Carter Gionta Bernier

Trade Fayne? I definitely have no fingerprints on this one although I won't be shocked if someone blew it out of proportion again with grade A literacy.

You're crazy. Why would you want to do that? Faynes blah blah corsi blah blah seeing eye flub shot knuckle puck GOLDBERRRRRRRRRRRG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad