GDT: Devils at Panthers - West Point - 7:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Auvitu's having a rough game. Yeah he got the assist, but he keeps being burnt by speed. I've noticed at least 4 plays where he was almost responsible for a goal.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if anyone has realized this or pointed this out

But we hired one of the equipment managers that the Panthers fired after last year. He's that dark haired guy on the bench that looks a little like John Stamos from far away.

I think he'll like it here, since we don't do morning skates for matinee games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I disagree. We have looked engaged for the most part, we've been outplaying the Panthers.

Cory was just **** tonight. The first two goals should absolutely not have gone in, and the fourth one was bad as well.

Zacha clearly isn't ready for 1C, not starting with the puck really hurt that line tonight.
First goal was deflected by Jagr I think, but the second goal wasn't good and the fourth was terrible.
Lovejoy is hot garbage

Absolutely.

Perhaps he deserves a healthy scratch for opening night and we insert Helgeson in.:help:

As long as Helgeson is not in the lineup, I seriously think we can do MUCH worse.

I think we would have allowed close to 35-40 shots if he were in tonight.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
+
Moore can't defend
Severson is just sloppy most of the time
Zajac is being Zajac

I wasn't saying that I believe those things..I was being sarcastic lol...Lovejoy has an entire career to analyze. Saying he sucks based off a rough preseason is beyond ridiculous. And saying Zacha isn't ready based off a meh preseason game seems a bit quick too, don't you think?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really think that 6 on 5 was the most pathetic sequence of the game.

That was really tough to watch.

It didn't even look like a man advantage of any kind.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I wasn't saying that I believe those things..I was being sarcastic lol...Lovejoy has an entire career to analyze. Saying he sucks based off a rough preseason is beyond ridiculous. And saying Zacha isn't ready based off a meh preseason game seems a bit quick too, don't you think?

I never liked Lovejoys game and pairing him with Moore seems like a future nightmare waiting to happen. Don't have many choices though so we get what we get. Zacha will be fine for sure. This was just a mess of a game in general.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well the good thing is that's about as poorly as you can play a hockey game, so at least it shouldn't get worse in the regular season.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

He isn't ready for 1C. He'll be in the NHL, but it should be as a lower C or a wing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our defense can't move the puck out of our zone...

Just keep remembering that it would be much worse if Helgeson was in there. Cory Schneider moves the puck better than that doofus.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Stop panicking! There was a lot of roster turnover. It is going to take at least a month to work out line chemistry.

maxresdefault.jpg

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'm unfortunately not optimistic as we head into the season based on what I witnessed this preseason.

I'm expecting another 7-11 overall draft pick if no lottery luck. Just a terrible defense and not so much improved offense, not even a great goalie like Cory can overcome that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad