GDT: Devils at Panthers - West Point - 7:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njfan

Mar 15, 2016
I think we need to look at the defense closer. If they can't control the play in their zone how can the offense be activated more efficient. Our offense has to go so low in the zone to protect the defense that they cannot efficiently play offense.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
If it takes a month to work things out then it's to damm late!

New-Jersey-Devils-head-coach-Jacques-Lemaire.jpg

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I disagree. We have looked engaged for the most part, we've been outplaying the Panthers.

Cory was just **** tonight. The first two goals should absolutely not have gone in, and the fourth one was bad as well.

Zacha clearly isn't ready for 1C, not starting with the puck really hurt that line tonight.

So you would think that a 19 year old rookie would be ready to play 1 C right off the bat!!!!??

I hope not that this is what you expect of Pavel in he's first pro season. I exspect him to have kind of the same developing curve as galchenyuk, maybe a little faster because of better coaching and because of pavel' better defensive approach to the pro game.

If anyone remember galchenyuk's and yakupov's draft year in Sarnia they didn't have any defensive responsibilityes and that showed when they hit the NHL.

That is why last season was so impressive for us Devils fan that knew the reason for why pavel played like he did in Sarnia. For the random fan he took so much heat for not producing at se same clip as other top 10 picks.

Please let him play the 3 C and do not exspect to much because that role itself takes a lot of commitment and a mature way to approach the game.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
News to me. I get the game was at a non-traditional arena but I thought all NHL games (even preseason) had to conform to the same dimensions?

Potvin mentioned during the broadcast that it was different dimensions from an NHL rink. I forget exactly what they were.

I was under the impression that college rinks used the same dimensions, but I've never followed much college hockey.

It was really weird to see no trapezoid too.

Yes it was larger with no trapezoid. MUCH more space out there then normal last night.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
We suck at preseason.

Zajac killed our entire teams offensive creativity.

Zacha forgot he was taking faceoffs

Henrique was practically invisible out there.

Trade everyone.

Am I doing this right?

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I am not a fan of the new lines, Cammy-Zacha, Zajac-Palms, Hall-Henrique-Bennett produce more offense. Schnieder needs to play better. He has been the worst goalie this preseason.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I am not a fan of the new lines, Cammy-Zacha, Zajac-Palms, Hall-Henrique-Bennett produce more offense. Schnieder needs to play better. He has been the worst goalie this preseason.

I kind of think Cory was coasting this preseason. He had some games and good practices at the WC. I think he was just going thru the motions because hes already been ready.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I kind of think Cory was coasting this preseason. He had some games and good practices at the WC. I think he was just going thru the motions because hes already been ready.

I would hope your right, but if so, whatever happened to the mentality of guys who couldn't stand to be scored on in practice, let alone against other teams in preseason? Which makes me think that your statement is a bit of a reach.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Holy crap, everyone here needs to relax. I wouldn't be shocked if Schneider, Greene, Cammalleri, Zajac, Palmieri, Hall and Lovejoy are only giving like 75%. Vets are just trying not to get hurt and luckily for us, only Merrill did. Look at Florida, they lost Bjugstad and Huberdeau (likely) to start the season. Be thankful we have our team intact and prepare for Thursday.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Holy crap, everyone here needs to relax. I wouldn't be shocked if Schneider, Greene, Cammalleri, Zajac, Palmieri, Hall and Lovejoy are only giving like 75%. Vets are just trying not to get hurt and luckily for us, only Merrill did. Look at Florida, they lost Bjugstad and Huberdeau (likely) to start the season. Be thankful we have our team intact and prepare for Thursday.

Bingo.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
didn't see game, but clicking back through the thread it's funny how the mood in here went from generally positive until about 9 pm, fast fwd to 9:30 and we are a lottery team again.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I would hope your right, but if so, whatever happened to the mentality of guys who couldn't stand to be scored on in practice, let alone against other teams in preseason? Which makes me think that your statement is a bit of a reach.

Im simply implying he is working on certain things instead of being going 100% during the preseason because he has had so much work he doesnt want to over do it.

Beside Cory is the LAST person we need to worry about with this team.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
There are years we went 5-1 or 6-0 during the preseason looking like world beaters then started to play like hot garbage once the games counted. Everyone here needs to relax.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
There are years we went 5-1 or 6-0 during the preseason looking like world beaters then started to play like hot garbage once the games counted. Everyone here needs to relax.

This. Be happy that they have an opportunity to work the kinks out in preseason rather than the regular season.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

No reason to panic. Even last year, after the first few games we thought we were headed for a top draft pick and then had a nice season. I'm confident in the staff and the roster.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Im simply implying he is working on certain things instead of being going 100% during the preseason because he has had so much work he doesnt want to over do it.

Beside Cory is the LAST person we need to worry about with this team.

100% agreed on the last sentence.

At least we don't have players firing pucks at the coach.

Who did this happen to?!? :laugh:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
100% agreed on the last sentence.

Who did this happen to?!? :laugh:

Claude Julien it was either Madden or Gomez I forget whom but Claude lost the players and they didnt respect him anymore. One of those 2 got pissed after a drill and shot a puck at him. He was fired shortly after. We were in 1st place at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad