GDT: Devils at Panthers - West Point - 7:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Didn't he have like... 2 or 3 shutouts in his first preseason with us? Or am I remembering wrong?

No that's correct...but it didn't carry over when the games were for real against NHL lineups. His first 7-9 games every year in the regular season have usually been subpar.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Aside from that one game against the rags, I have seen very little offensively to be excited about. It looks like they still just lack offensive skill and instict. 90 percent of their goals are likely going to have to be garbage goals.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
defense has been bad without Larsson and Hall isn't exactly setting the world on fire offensively

I'm sure he's still got more points than much of the team.

There's Cammalleri's point!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No that's correct...but it didn't carry over when the games were for real against NHL lineups. His first 7-9 games every year in the regular season have usually been subpar.

I thought he was pretty good in October of last year, though he got even better in November from what I remember. We were also scoring more in the first few months than we did after the new year too.

But I do remember him being meh on opening night against the Jets. I remember Kinkaid getting destroyed against the Capitals, just an hour after I read ''Kinkaid might have more raw athletic ability than Schneider'':help::laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What really annoys me is how we ****ing score more when Cory leaves the game or is not playing.

Like that game where Kinkaid flat out STUNK against Nashville last year and allowed 4 goals and we scored 5 and won. And the fourth goal that night was an absolute stinker, that looked like it was gonna wind up being the game winner. Or that 7-4 win over Minnesota on retro night.

Even in Wedgewood's last couple games last year, we stopped scoring because we were getting good goaltending.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What really annoys me is how we ****ing score more when Cory leaves the game or is not playing.

Like that game where Kinkaid flat out STUNK against Nashville last year and allowed 4 goals and we scored 5 and won. And the fourth goal that night was an absolute stinker, that looked like it was gonna wind up being the game winner. Or that 7-4 win over Minnesota on retro night.

Even in Wedgewood's last couple games last year, we stopped scoring because we were getting good goaltending.
I was there haha great experience

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Maybe Cory is a lockerroom cancer :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was there haha great experience

I remember it because Kinkaid stunk, but luckily Pekka ''I'm washed up and no longer a top 10 goaltender, despite this complete misinterpretation idiots make'' Rinne was even worse.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I remember it because Kinkaid stunk, but luckily Pekka ''I'm washed up and no longer a top 10 goaltender, despite this complete misinterpretation idiot's make'' Rinne was even worse.

I had a ton of Jack and bbq that night :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Doesn't look any better.

It doesn't look like many of the guys are very into this game, but I'm very concerned about the offense.

I'm pretty concerned about it too. And now seeing Josefson playing ahead of Zacha, I'm hoping this doesn't happen in the regular season.

If that happens, the rope he gets will be ridiculous. It's completely 180 of the short leash Pete gave him. It's getting to be even more unwarranted than the short leash that Pete was giving him. That's why I'm hoping to god this is his last season here.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Doesn't look any better.

It doesn't look like many of the guys are very into this game, but I'm very concerned about the offense.

I disagree. We have looked engaged for the most part, we've been outplaying the Panthers.

Cory was just **** tonight. The first two goals should absolutely not have gone in, and the fourth one was bad as well.

Zacha clearly isn't ready for 1C, not starting with the puck really hurt that line tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad