LeBrun: Devils are starting to listen on Taylor Hall

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Well you posted that it seems like an ideal fit which I could not disagree more.

And yeah given that there were like 3-4 other fans/posters throwing in Colorado into the mix, I decided to elaborate why I think it would be a horrible idea. Maybe I should have quoted them but given that I really don't believe it is an ideal fit and that I also wanted to adress your idea of Savard / Murray while other people were just posting proposals/signaling interest, I decided to quote you. Sorry for that.
No worries. When I said “seems like an ideal fit” I more so meant from an outside perspective. The fact that the Avs have the cap space, tradeable assets and play a high pace game like Hall.

Reactions: JoemAvs

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
From Colorado, on the board for a UFA Hall with no extension:
Tyson Jost
Nikita Zadorov
2020 1st

That’s the absolute most.

More likely return is 1 of Jost or Zadorov and the 2020 1st

I would think that 1st trade is a good offer.

Solid defender, solid prospect and a 1st

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think it is a mistake for Colorado to give up much in the way of assets for Hall. By all accounts, Hall will be a pure rental at the TDl, and Colorado has not pursued high cost rentals in many, many years. Colorado has cap space, but I don't believe that Colorado can afford Hall with Landeskog and Makar deals due in over a year.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Avalanche- Zadarov, 1st, 3rd

Canes- lower of their 2 1sts, Bean, 3rd

Bruins- Vaakanienen, 2020 2nd, 2021 2nd

(All prices are rental prices, contract extension in place I have no idea for value)
Any other teams interested in him I need to do what I’d want for him? Lol

I'd only include Vaakanainen if Hall is extended. Outrageous price for a rental.

Debrusk, Krejci, Hall would be a heck of a second line for the next few years behind Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak.

Coyle, Heinen, Bjork third line.

This would be fun.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hall is a much better player than Duchene

It's a lot closer than you think.

For one, the value of a Center versus a Winger is going to close whatever gap there is a decent chunk.

Also, Duchene when he was traded from Ottawa as a rental was on a torrid 45 goal and 95+ point pace that season. He actually had 27 goals and 58 points in 50 games for Ottawa before he was dealt. Columbus without questions believed they were getting a bonafide #1C in return when they gave up the assets they did to get Duchene.

Hall on the flip side is having a down year this year with just 4 goals and 21 points in 24 games, so far*

Especially as free agents, they will return very similar packages. History has shown time and time again that big time pending free agents always get underwhelming returns because the market value difference just isn't extreme when you're talking about players who you potentially only have for one playoff run and they're gone again.

A 1st + B level prospect or two will be the return, with a conditional pick added if Hall signs with the team he is traded to.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Look at the past years big UFA trades.

Stone got a top prospect in Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg and a 2nd

Karlsson got Tierney, DeMelo, Balcers and a 1st and 2nd

If they want one of Colorado’s top prospects and a 2nd and a bottom 6 players like the Stone deal I can also see that.

Timmins most likely. Avs Newhook is pretty much untouchable.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Look at the past years big UFA trades.

Stone got a top prospect in Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg and a 2nd

Karlsson got Tierney, DeMelo, Balcers and a 1st and 2nd

If they want one of Colorado’s top prospects and a 2nd and a bottom 6 players like the Stone deal I can also see that.

Timmins most likely. Avs Newhook is pretty much untouchable.

Karlsson had a full year left on his contract and Stone was negotiating a new deal with Vegas as part of the deal. Hall is a pure rental that may only play a handful of regular season games and one playoff run for the team acquiring him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can’t see Broberg or Bouchard on the table from Edmonton which likely - sadly - means we couldn’t put together a competitive offer.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Really have no interest in Zadorov, Jost, or Martin Kaut

Zadorov is fine as a piece. But I'm with you - I just said this to another friend. Not really feeling the Jost / Kaut thing. But that's just a personal opinion on them as prospects that goes back a while now. I tend to favor the guys I was a fan of coming out, which is why I'm probably higher on a guy like Jake Bean, for example, or Rasmus Sandin

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Can’t see Broberg or Bouchard on the table from Edmonton which likely - sadly - means we couldn’t put together a competitive offer.

I don't know about that. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Jones, Benson, and a first round pick are all pieces that could form the basis of various attractive packages. Colorado won't be trading Byram, so I think that Edmonton could make a competitive offer.

Would Hall want to return to Edmonton as more than a pure rental? It seemed like he was pumped up as the "man" for the franchise and its captain until McDavid arrived and then he was somewhat rapidly shipped off. I don't know how his ego is regarding that situation.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If the only way to get him is to put one of those two in the deal it's not worth it at all. Especially considering the gross contract he's gonna want.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I'd only include Vaakanainen if Hall is extended. Outrageous price for a rental.

Debrusk, Krejci, Hall would be a heck of a second line for the next few years behind Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak.

Coyle, Heinen, Bjork third line.

This would be fun.
Its not “outrageous” it’s pretty standard actually... look at previous stars being traded as rentals. My offers are very fair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad