LeBrun: Devils are starting to listen on Taylor Hall

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I think the Zuccarello trade provides a good blue print for what a Hall trade could look like. Conditional picks in 2020 and 2021. Given that Hall has been a more prolific scorer over his career, a trade for his services might also garner a prospect or additional picks.

The second-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft will become a first-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft if the Stars advance to the third round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs and he plays in at least 50 percent of the team's cumulative games over the first two rounds. The third-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft becomes a first-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft should Dallas re-sign Zuccarello in the off-season.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I think the Devils are set down the middle?

We are okay. Hughes / Nico / Zacha. Zajac has another year left as well. Dont' have much in the system down the middle (Mcleod hasn't really shown anything that would suggest there's a good future there), but given the age of Hughes / Nico / Zacha (who should slot in and replace Zajac as the third line center when he's gone), they are here for the immediate future.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Mittelstadt++ is good base for a Hall trade.

Mittelstadt+Colin Miller+Marcus Davidsson+2nd round pick for Hall (signs 11.2 x 7 extension)

Devils get a future top 6 center, a proven top 4 RHD younger then Hall, a future 2 way 3C and a mid 2nd round pick.

Or Ristolainen+Mitts for Hall. 2 for 1. Devils get a #2 RHD only 25 years old and Mitts who will eventually be a ~55 point 2C.

I don't think Hall is going to return a monster package. At the end of the day though they will get a trade package at least worth Adam Larsson though.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
I think the Zuccarello trade provides a good blue print for what a Hall trade could look like. Conditional picks in 2020 and 2021. Given that Hall has been a more prolific scorer over his career, a trade for his services might also garner a prospect or additional picks.

The second-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft will become a first-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft if the Stars advance to the third round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs and he plays in at least 50 percent of the team's cumulative games over the first two rounds. The third-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft becomes a first-round selection in the 2020 NHL Draft should Dallas re-sign Zuccarello in the off-season.

I’m sorry but this is insane. Mats Zuccarello who never scored over 61 points in a season or more than 26 goals at the age of 31 is a good barometer for a trade involving Taylor Hall? Even on a terrible team being snake bitten as hell, Hall is producing at a higher level than Mats ever has and is 4 years younger. It’s not that it “might garner more” it absolutely will. Shero has been way more hit than miss on trades in his tenure in NJ...Sounds like Shero is starting the auction at 2020 1st and a good prospect for an unsigned rental of Taylor Hall. If your GM thinks it hurts too much to lose a first for the guy...your team will not be trading for him. People are taking all their higher quality prospects off the table lol. If it doesn’t hurt a little bit, then you are probably not offering enough. Reports of how many teams being interested, yet no one thinks this guy has high value. He will be by far the best player moved before or at the deadline...

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Mittelstadt++ is good base for a Hall trade.

Mittelstadt+Colin Miller+Marcus Davidsson+2nd round pick for Hall (signs 11.2 x 7 extension)

Devils get a future top 6 center, a proven top 4 RHD younger then Hall, a future 2 way 3C and a mid 2nd round pick.

Or Ristolainen+Mitts for Hall. 2 for 1. Devils get a #2 RHD only 25 years old and Mitts who will eventually be a ~55 point 2C.

I don't think Hall is going to return a monster package. At the end of the day though they will get a trade package at least worth Adam Larsson though.
What does Mittelstadt give the Devils that they don't already have? He isn't better than Hughes, he isn't better than Hischier, and I'd argue he isn't even better than Zacha.

Hall to Buffalo starts with Pilut + 1st and then we go from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad