LeBrun: Devils are starting to listen on Taylor Hall

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Botterill and Shero are friends from Pittsburgh, so a relationship is there...so, what's it cost Buffalo?

Botterill needs to make a splash to keep his job and get the fans back.

Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Skinner, and Olofsson are off the table...otherwise it makes no sense to get Hall. (Luukkonen is untouchable too.)

Montour, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt, Cozens, Johnson, Samuelsson, 1st round picks...those are probably the top assets wanted from Buffalo.

Mittelstadt or Cozens are only on the table if an extension is in place...especially Cozens.

Hall - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Johansson - Olofsson

That would look nice.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Hall is a much better player than Duchene

Eh. I don't know about much better. Hall is certainly more offensively gifted in my opinion, especially if you're getting top tier Taylor Hall, but Duchene has value as a center and tremendous face off man to help off set a little bit of that. I don't think that the deal for Duchene is that far off. I think we likely net a slightly superior prospect, but the bones of the deal could be very similar overall.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Botterill and Shero are friends from Pittsburgh, so a relationship is there...so, what's it cost Buffalo?

Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Skinner, and Olofsson are off the table...otherwise it makes no sense to get Hall. (Luukkonen is untouchable too.)

Montour, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt, Cozens, Johnson, Samuelsson, 1st round picks...those are probably the top assets wanted from Buffalo.

Mittelstadt or Cozens are only on the table if an extension is in place...especially Cozens.

Hall - Eichel - Reinhart

That would look nice.
no thanks, I'm not moving assets for a guy who most likely wont be reupping. I can see him taking a discount to go to an actual 'winner' for once. Not too mention Buffalo doesnt ned another HUGE caphit going forward, theres no guarantee he even helps them out that much THIS season considering he's still likely recovering and not 100%, his skating certainly looks that way.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Most of us knew this was inevitable after Hall openly criticized NJ fans early this season. When a player stands in front of the cameras and criticizes his own teams fans, especially in a contract year, you know there is a very low percentage that player has any desire to re-sign. They would be smart to sell sooner rather than later and maximize the return because there is no way he's re-signing in NJ.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Hall - Eichel - Reinhart

That would look nice.

I've looked into Buffalo as a possibility. As a rental, I think I probably want Jokiharju as the centerpiece there so make that work however. I also like Samuelsson, but he's not a super high upside type guy in my opinion and can't be the centerpiece of a deal. I Just think that he's a type of defenseman we could really use.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Hopefully this trade happens soon. No more trade proposals being posted. People complaining about the pieces being offered and what it would take.
Just get the deal done.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've looked into Buffalo as a possibility. As a rental, I think I probably want Jokiharju as the centerpiece there so make that work however. I also like Samuelsson, but he's not a super high upside type guy in my opinion and can't be the centerpiece of a deal. I Just think that he's a type of defenseman we could really use.
which is why Buffalo really isnt a fit. Joker has already been their best Dman for the most part. Samuelsson doesnt offer enough upside. top 10 1st, Mitts, Cozens, Joker, Asplund, VO etc shouldnt even be considered for a rental. Buffalo needs to move weaker parts on D first and foremost, which wont entice NJ all that much.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Was mark stone ever a hart trophy winner?
No, but he was the Selke runner-up three years running. He also immediately signed an extension. I wouldn't bank on a return being any better than what Stone brought back.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Anyone with a top line player headed toward UFA not taking calls is stupid. That player gets injured while you are letting calls go to voice mail, that's your ass.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
which is why Buffalo really isnt a fit. Joker has already been their best Dman for the most part. Samuelsson doesnt offer enough upside. top 10 1st, Mitts, Cozens, Joker, Asplund, VO etc shouldnt even be considered for a rental. Buffalo needs to move weaker parts on D first and foremost, which wont entice NJ all that much.

I would agree. I'd be tempted by others - Ryan Johnson, for example, but obviously my dream scenario would be Jokiharju in some manner. I think a deal could be reached by the two teams, but obviously wouldn't be my dream scenario and may be a little bit more than Buffalo fans would want to give up. So both sides are disappointed, which means its a successful trade for both sides lol.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Seems like an ideal fit for the Avs but I just don't think Sakic sacrifices the future to get it done. I mean in the 14 games since Rantanen/Landeskog went down the Avalanche have still managed to score the 5th most goals in the NHL. Now they have those two just about ready to go. I'm not sure if more offense is what Sakic is looking for. I'd bet he goes after somebody like Murray or Savard from Columbus instead.

I really disagree with that. As you said our offense is humming along even without a crapton of forwards.
Especially now that Makar will probably get a bigger contract than almost everyone expected a few months ago.

With Burakovsky and Donskoi both showing that they are just fine as top6 wingers if deployed correctly and Mac showing that he can be just fine even if we put a Nieto or Calvert on his wing, the last thing the Avs should do is bring in another winger that will command 10M+. Not to mention the price we would have to pay for him..

I am not a huge fan of going after Murray and Savard either given the expansion draft and the price that Jarmo will demand but atleast it makes a bit more sense for us.

Some desperate GM will overpay for Hall (odds on favorites right now for that IMO would be Treliving and Bergevin).
I want Sakic to stay out of that.

Reactions: OilerMcLord

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Don't want Taylor Hall post injury, especially for what it would cost.

Besides, as amazing as it is, the forwards haven't been a problem. It's the defense that needs to be upgraded.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I really disagree with that. As you said our offense is humming along even without a crapton of forwards.
Especially now that Makar will probably get a bigger contract than almost everyone expected a few months ago.

With Burakovsky and Donskoi both showing that they are just fine as top6 wingers if deployed correctly and Mac showing that he can be just fine even if we put a Nieto or Calvert on his wing, the last thing the Avs should do is bring in another winger that will command 10M+. Not to mention the price we would have to pay for him..

I am not a huge fan of going after Murray and Savard either given the expansion draft and the price that Jarmo will demand but atleast it makes a bit more sense for us.

Some desperate GM will overpay for Hall (odds on favorites right now for that IMO would be Treliving and Bergevin).
I want Sakic to stay out of that.
Sometimes I think you just want to argue. I explained how the Avs are getting crazy good offense already and how it’s going to improve even more when everyone gets healthy, therefore they probably wouldn’t chase a guy like Hall. You then proceed to “disagree” with me by saying exactly what I said just in about 6 extra paragraphs.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Was mark stone ever a hart trophy winner?
Come on fella that’s a bad argument and you know it. Corey Perry is a hart trophy winner too.

Mark Stone is better than Taylor Hall and everyone knows that. I don’t care what award he won a few years ago. Guy has played one full season out of the 10 he’s been in the league.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Starts with a:
2020 1st
2021 2nd (first if he re-signs)
B+ or A- prospect
giphy.gif

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sometimes I think you just want to argue. I explained how the Avs are getting crazy good offense already and how it’s going to improve even more when everyone gets healthy, therefore they probably wouldn’t chase a guy like Hall. You then proceed to “disagree” with me by saying exactly what I said just in about 6 extra paragraphs.

Well you posted that it seems like an ideal fit which I could not disagree more.

And yeah given that there were like 3-4 other fans/posters throwing in Colorado into the mix, I decided to elaborate why I think it would be a horrible idea. Maybe I should have quoted them but given that I really don't believe it is an ideal fit and that I also wanted to adress your idea of Savard / Murray while other people were just posting proposals/signaling interest, I decided to quote you. Sorry for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad