Proposal: Devils and Coyotes (Zacha, 2018 1st and Ekman-Larsson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
How much would the Devils have to add to Pavel Zacha and a 2018 1st round pick to land Oliver Ekman-Larsson from the Coyotes?

Would Zacha + 2018 1st + John Quenneville + 2019 2nd round pick get it done?

Ask NHL 18, thats where this site gets all of its trade proposals from anyway.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can't wait to come back here when OEL is finally traded and see the reactions of the Coyotes fans

the mere fact taht someone intimated that OEL wouldnt be moved unless it was for Hischier is hilarious to me

It is stupid to think NJ would trade Hischier for OEL. Severson is a nice middle D. Zacha a mildly interesting dice roll. A late 1st is a late 1st. None of that is appealing for an elite level D in his prime.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I can't wait to come back here when OEL is finally traded and see the reactions of the Coyotes fans

the mere fact taht someone intimated that OEL wouldnt be moved unless it was for Hischier is hilarious to me
You obviously don't understand that OEL will not be moved unless it's for an overpayment, which Hischier would be. NJ wouldn't do it obviously, but that's the only piece that would interest Arizona. Do you understand?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You obviously don't understand that OEL will not be moved unless it's for an overpayment, which Hischier would be. NJ wouldn't do it obviously, but that's the only piece that would interest Arizona. Do you understand?

so the Devils have NO PIECES other than Nico Hischier that would "interest" the Coyotes? Talk about a pretentious and ridiculous statement.

and so you think the Coyotes will just let him walk for free? Theres no way that they do that.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

You don't seem to understand how much more valuable Hischier is than OEL. You also don't understand that there's a very real chance that OEL gets traded while there's essentially no chance in hell that Nico gets traded. If a team like Dallas had won the 1OA pick maybe they do something around Nico for Keller and OEL (maybe Dallas ads something small). For NJ however even that wouldn't be interesting. The only way Shero doesn't hang up immediately is if it's some ridiculous offer like Keller, OEL + unprotected 1st. That's the kind of overpayment you'd need to get Nico from NJ. There are probably less than 5 players who hold more value to their franchise than Nico does to NJ.

Last edited:

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
so the Devils have NO PIECES other than Nico Hischier that would "interest" the Coyotes? Talk about a pretentious and ridiculous statement.

and so you think the Coyotes will just let him walk for free? Theres no way that they do that.
There's not that much.. It'd be more than the OP that is for sure. And no, but if they can't get a deal with him, which I think they will they could definitely get a better package than that.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
You don't seem to understand how much more valuable Hischier is than OEL. You also don't understand that there's a very real chance that OEL gets traded while there's essentially no chance in hell that Nico gets traded. If a team like Dallas had won the 1OA pick maybe they do something around Nico for Keller and OEL (maybe Dallas ads something small). For NJ however even that wouldn't be interesting. The only way Shero doesn't hang up immediately is if it's some ridiculous offer like Keller, OEL + unprotected 1st. That's the kind of overpayment you'd need to get Nico from NJ. There are probably less than 5 players who hold more value to their franchise than Nico does to NJ.
So my deal is crazy lopsided, but it'd take another rookie with very similar numbers and value, an elite dman and a unprotected first (which will be very high) to get Hischier? Pass whatever you're taking to me.

Reactions: Heldig

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
There's not that much.. It'd be more than the OP that is for sure. And no, but if they can't get a deal with him, which I think they will they could definitely get a better package than that.

that wasn't what I said

if you truly believe the Devils have "nothing" That would interest Arizona, you're either clueless about the Devils and their system or trolling

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

The problem is that the good teams that might value OEL without an extension in place aren’t gutting their team for him which defeats the purpose of getting him. A good team offers a similar type player who no matter how good won’t interest Zona who won’t want to sign him. Accordingly Zona is looking at a package of lesser pieces. Plus there are only so many teams that have a salary structure that can accommodate an 8 to 9 million extension for him. Sure Zona can get a better package than Zacha and a first but every day that goes by he is one day closer to UFA and thus less valuable in trade. The reality is that Zona should extend him but they don’t seem to want to so they are going to be looking to trade him and at some point will have to move him for whatever the best deal is or lose him as a UFA. Let’s hear what you think is a realistic type of trade is from a realistic team and specify whether there is an extension in place for him and what the terms are.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I get Hischier is off the table. That being said AZ has plenty of other options and aren't looking solely at a futures type return given the level of youth already in their system and youth that is likely going to be added to their system (Top 5 pick) which will likely be a D given structure of this draft.

I don't think AZ is that concerned about re-signing OEL. The actual cash raise from his current deal will be easily available with the over $20 million in expiring contracts between now and that timeframe and the number of young players in their development system. The $ are there. It's relocation and player ambition to explore another market that are the bigger issues.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The problem is that the good teams that might value OEL without an extension in place aren’t gutting their team for him which defeats the purpose of getting him. A good team offers a similar type player who no matter how good won’t interest Zona who won’t want to sign him. Accordingly Zona is looking at a package of lesser pieces. Plus there are only so many teams that have a salary structure that can accommodate an 8 to 9 million extension for him. Sure Zona can get a better package than Zacha and a first but every day that goes by he is one day closer to UFA and thus less valuable in trade. The reality is that Zona should extend him but they don’t seem to want to so they are going to be looking to trade him and at some point will have to move him for whatever the best deal is or lose him as a UFA. Let’s hear what you think is a realistic type of trade is from a realistic team and specify whether there is an extension in place for him and what the terms are.
Plan A is to re-sign.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Just WOW. Love to see who is more valuable in your mind.

Keller, OEL and an unprotected 1st (best chance in the NHL at landing Dahlin) is insane fantasy land.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I get Hischier is off the table. That being said AZ has plenty of other options and aren't looking solely at a futures type return given the level of youth already in their system and youth that is likely going to be added to their system (Top 5 pick) which will likely be a D given structure of this draft.

I don't think AZ is that concerned about re-signing OEL. The actual cash raise from his current deal will be easily available with the over $20 million in expiring contracts between now and that timeframe and the number of young players in their development system. The $ are there. It's relocation and player ambition to explore another market that are the bigger issues.

if the player doesnt want to be there, it doesnt matter how much they offer

why would he stay if they dont show any improvement?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
that wasn't what I said

if you truly believe the Devils have "nothing" That would interest Arizona, you're either clueless about the Devils and their system or trolling
I'd say New Jersey is unlikely to amass enough value for OEL that doesn't include obvious non-starter, untouchable pieces like Hischier. It's just a good old fashioned bad fit.

Reactions: hbk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
if the player doesnt want to be there, it doesnt matter how much they offer

why would he stay if they dont show any improvement?
Exactly. Which is why AZ is playing this with intentions of re-signing which they can do this summer. After they know whether or not the won a lottery. At this point in time it appears OEL is open to this scenario. I’m sure Chayka and his agent have discussed that sort of yes/no scenario by this point.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Except Keller>Hischier so unless you are also throwing in Taylor Hall you are not getting OEL and Keller.

I agree that Keller has more trade value than Hischier but not enough to matter. Both are full entry level contract studs. Any member of that group is among the most valuable pieces in the league. Specifics of one versus the other fluctuates based on who is acquiring and what the team’s makeup is. To a team with a deep group of wings Hischier might be more attractive. To a team with centers Keller is an easy choice. To an old school team playing a heavy game neither is the type of player they’d want. Arguing absolutes in matters of opinion is always pointless without lots of context.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Nope, they will sign him.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
that wasn't what I said

I don't mean it literally, I just think they make bad trade partners. I don't think they could put enough value together outside of guys like Hischier and Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad