Proposal: Devils and Coyotes (Zacha, 2018 1st and Ekman-Larsson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not much of a believer in Zacha or McLeod so that really makes talking OEL to NJ tough for me personally.

It's just stupid knee jerk reactions.

Devils finally have some decent depth and now fans want to gut it by trading Zacha as well.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What is the knee jerk reaction? Devils fans wanting to acquire another top D? What's the knee jerk part? What are they reacting to?

Mainly Barzal's production. At the draft, the consensus for most Devils fans was Zacha or Barzal. Now we get to see Barzal light it up for the Islanders while Zacha's still struggling to find a consistent offensive presence.

Werenski and Provorov going immediately after Zacha isn't helping either.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What I find funny is fans in a thread involving the Devils commenting on how the Coyotes will be terrible for years. Its as if a team has never shown a tremendous turn around.

The Coyotes are terrible right now but way worse than they should be. There is a lot of young talent on the roster. Injuries to the #1 goalie and 2 of the top 4 D have been killer. They are icing 2 or 3 low level AHL defense every game (GM has to take the blame for not finding better defensive depth). The trade for Stepan to stabilize the C position has failed so far. Domi is shooting A ridiculous 1%.

OEL is still their most talented, best player. Trading him does little to help the team unless an impact player(s) comes back.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Mainly Barzal's production. At the draft, the consensus for most Devils fans was Zacha or Barzal. Now we get to see Barzal light it up for the Islanders while Zacha's still struggling to find a consistent offensive presence.

Werenski and Provorov going immediately after Zacha isn't helping either.
I didn't much care for Zacha at the draft.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What I find funny is fans in a thread involving the Devils commenting on how the Coyotes will be terrible for years. Its as if a team has never shown a tremendous turn around.

The Coyotes are terrible right now but way worse than they should be. There is a lot of young talent on the roster. Injuries to the #1 goalie and 2 of the top 4 D have been killer. They are icing 2 or 3 low level AHL defense every game (GM has to take the blame for not finding better defensive depth). The trade for Stepan to stabilize the C position has failed so far. Domi is shooting A ridiculous 1%.

OEL is still their most talented, best player. Trading him does little to help the team unless an impact player(s) comes back.
It's true, we should either sit on our hands or double-down. My strong preference is for hand sitting but I could understand the double-down impulse if Chayka gets the itch.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I can't see a deal for OEL without Hischier being involved.

Hischier is not getting traded. Plus he's worth a boatload more than OEL.
Regardless, there's no way in hell we trade an 18 year old 1OA pick who has looked incredible.
And I doubt Shero goes all in on a any Dman that is already considered a number one, especially OEL. It's much more likely he goes after a guy with a ton of upside that will cost less (Hanifin for example).

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
For the 12,003rd time.

View image on Twitter

Craig Morgan @craigsmorgan
Coyotes GM John Chayka has repeatedly told GMs & media that defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is not available in a trade, yet rumors persist.
1:30 PM - Nov 7, 2017

If OEL does eventually get traded, NJ is an unlikely landing spot, given:

A. Unless the 2018 1st pick is Dahlin or Svechnikov, the Devils don't have what Arizona would want in return.

B. If OEL goes elsewhere, it will be to a contender.
awwww are you calling us a contender?
how sweet :)

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I mean, I could see that there are a few GMs out there that really like Zacha notwithstanding the fact that he hasn’t performed well this season. Chayka almost certainly isn’t one of them though, plus he already has a poor man’s version of him in Crouse.

At least the OPs proposal wasn’t as bad as the Penguins one where the centerpiece was Hornqvist.

A Devils deal for OEL would probably be something like Severson, McLeod and a first.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Hischier is not getting traded. Plus he's worth a boatload more than OEL.
Regardless, there's no way in hell we trade an 18 year old 1OA pick who has looked incredible.
And I doubt Shero goes all in on a any Dman that is already considered a number one, especially OEL. It's much more likely he goes after a guy with a ton of upside that will cost less (Hanifin for example).
Obviously Hischier doesn’t get traded, but Arizona has no reason to trade OEL unless it’s for an overpayment. And that’s what Hischier would be. It’s common sense.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Obviously Hischier doesn’t get traded, but Arizona has no reason to trade OEL unless it’s for an overpayment. And that’s what Hischier would be. It’s common sense.

Completely wrong. OEL will certainly be traded at some point. Sure, Chayka will look for an overpayment, but there's no way Hischier is even in the realm of possibility. He's worth significantly more than OEL. And NJ absolutely loves him and has him pegged as the face of the franchise for many years to come. You don't roll out the red carpet for a 1OA pick and then trade him after he's playing lights-out. The chances that Nico gets traded are probably about the same as the chances McDavid or Matthews get traded, which is to say 0.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Completely wrong. OEL will certainly be traded at some point. Sure, Chayka will look for an overpayment, but there's no way Hischier is even in the realm of possibility. He's worth significantly more than OEL. And NJ absolutely loves him and has him pegged as the face of the franchise for many years to come. You don't roll out the red carpet for a 1OA pick and then trade him after he's playing lights-out. The chances that Nico gets traded are probably about the same as the chances McDavid or Matthews get traded, which is to say 0.
Exactly... that's called an overpayment. Way to repeat the exact same thing you just said.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
And yet Oliver will more than likely re-sign! The more I see rumors about OEL getting traded from AZ the more I believe he will re-sign.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
dude stop

STOP IT

I'm asking a question. If you don't like it, move on and please stop acting like your mister know it all when it comes to anything related to our team.

Personally, I'd rather have OEL over potential and that's exactly what Severson and Zacha are ATM, potentially good players.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I can't wait to come back here when OEL is finally traded and see the reactions of the Coyotes fans

the mere fact taht someone intimated that OEL wouldnt be moved unless it was for Hischier is hilarious to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad