Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Meier (50% retained) and four others from the Sharks for 2023 1st, conditional 2024 1st, Mukhamadullin, Okhotiuk, Zetterlund & Johnsson

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Got this from the main board.

At about 21 minutes in Seravalli says the Canes thought Meier was the only difference maker out there and Seravalli believe the Canes offer was actually the strongest offer.

7C02171E-7CEE-4873-ACE5-A60879770292.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know Timo had no say and we didn't talk to Claude Lemieux before making the deal because San Jose wouldn't let us, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to come here.

I would say if he had his choice he would have wanted to be here. It's pretty clear he's already friends with the other Swiss guys, after they were all spotted on vacation in Mexico.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I too call bullshit on Grier having to think the Canes offer was clearly Quality over what they got.

Scott Morrow is an unsigned NCAA prospect. If he was traded to SJ, but didn’t want to play there, he could:
1) Stay in college long enough to become a UFA.
2) Threaten to do 1) later on, in order to force a trade to a different team earlier.

Center Jack Drury was name dropped a lot. He was drafted in 2018 (2nd Rd #42) and is 5 months younger than Zetterlund.

Drury has been productive in the AHL (103 GP 31G 44A) but the Chicago Wolves were ridiculously stacked. He has 4 points (2G 2A) in 23 NHL GP.

It definitely looks like he could have a future as a NHL defensive forward, and maybe with more minutes he could use his skill more, but he’s 23 and hasn’t produced in the NHL yet. I don’t think his ceiling looks any higher than Zetterlund’s.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I know Timo had no say and we didn't talk to Claude Lemieux before making the deal because San Jose wouldn't let us, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to come here.

I would say if he had his choice he would have wanted to be here. It's pretty clear he's already friends with the other Swiss guys, after they were all spotted on vacation in Mexico.
I’m sure that through word of mouth it that Meier wanted to go to the Devils out of all the teams interested.
GMs and management on most teams is a small world and most of them have known eachother for years.
I absolutely believe that it made its way around how Meier had his eye set on us.
I find it weird how Grier went from granting teams permission to talk to Lemieux , to not allowing teams to talk extention. Meier could very easily dictated where he would go then. All he’s have to do is tell Lemieux that he flat out refuses to extend anywhere (but NJ) and will sogn his 10 mil QO and walk to free agency. No team would best out offer then as it would just be a rental ( could still move him this off-season but once again , the value would be shit as teams know he needs to be dumped and would be a one year until UFA )
Fitz and Meier will never come out and say it but I’m sure Fitz has a pretty damn good idea that Meier will extend with us. Either that through talking through Nico and or Seigs or someother way of a *wink wink * informal discussion. Fitz has always been about player contract control. He would not make this trade unless he felt pretty damn comfortable with the likelyhood of Meier extending

We'll regret it come the playoffs when smaller skilled guys get dominated by big manly men like Anderson.:sarcasm:
I still do t get how some insiders said that the Habs got offers of a 1st + amd turned it down for him…..
I think it was the Habs using Darren Deger as the teams personal PR / propaganda machine , trying to smoke screen the fact that Anderson‘s value is likely closer to negative than a 1st rounder + .

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Zetterlund is pointless in 4 games for the Sharks. Thought he would get hyped to be going to a new team that will give him more playing time. Kind of suprised he is pointless in 4 games. I'm sure San Jose not being good certainly doesn't help right now.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Zetterlund is pointless in 4 games for the Sharks. Thought he would get hyped to be going to a new team that will give him more playing time. Kind of suprised he is pointless in 4 games. I'm sure San Jose not being good certainly doesn't help right now.
We will grab him on waivers next year. Its a Fitz plan. He did it before with Bastian. Don't worry.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

We'll see what happens. He is not getting any saves and the shooting percentages have been unlucky when he's been on the ice.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Zetterlund is streaky. We know this. But he also needs someone to get him the puck to use his heavy shot, and he needs someone worth digging the puck out of the boards to send to. He may not have that in SJ yet. He's still a meat and potatoes player.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I doubt a player leaving a team whose Cup window is opening is "hyped" to be going to a team that is starting a rebuild.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah agreed. You spend so much time developing for the team that drafted you & then finally when they have a chance at a cup they trade you to a bottom feeder. I wouldn't be hyped either.
At least he’s in the lineup in SJ. It was a constant battle for him with NJ.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Seravalli believe the Canes offer was actually the strongest offer.

Whatever. He also thought we were going to trade Bratt for JT Miller. On a side note, Seravalli might be the oldest-looking person on the planet who is actually my age (34).

Getting dealt from a young team that's just entering contention to a team that's just starting a long overdue rebuild will do that to a guy. For what it's worth, he was on the ice for Hertl's game tying goal with 10 seconds last night, so they seem to have faith in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad