Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Meier (50% retained) and four others from the Sharks for 2023 1st, conditional 2024 1st, Mukhamadullin, Okhotiuk, Zetterlund & Johnsson

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Whatever. He also thought we were going to trade Bratt for JT Miller. On a side note, Seravalli might be the oldest-looking person on the planet who is actually my age (34).
He went gray at a really young age. He was completely gray I think when I first saw a picture of him 6-7 years ago. I bet he was over half gray by the time he graduated high school. When I first saw what he looked like I knew wasn't old, but I took him for being around my age, which was like 40 at the time, but he was really only like 28.

I think most people that are heavier look younger than they are or at least younger than they would look if they were real thin, as a fuller face keeps you from having a lot of age and people with thinner faces and not a whole lot of facial fat tend to look older, but I feel like it makes him look older. I doubt he ages much in the next 10-15 years though. He's one of those people that will probably look barely any older in his 50's than he does now.

When I look at his face I can kind of see 34 and not 40-something.

When I hear him I can tell he's young. If you never saw what he looked like and only heard his voice you'd think he was in his 20's, if not late teens.

He kind of has one of those younger, underdeveloped, higher pitched voices. I kind of do too, which is why many people mistake me for a woman over the phone and sometimes in drive thru's over the speaker.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
He went gray at a really young age. He was completely gray I think when I first saw a picture of him 6-7 years ago. I bet he was over half gray by the time he graduated high school. When I first saw what he looked like I knew wasn't old, but I took him for being around my age, which was like 40 at the time, but he was really only like 28.

I think most people that are heavier look younger than they are or at least younger than they would look if they were real thin, as a fuller face keeps you from having a lot of age and people with thinner faces and not a whole lot of facial fat tend to look older, but I feel like it makes him look older. I doubt he ages much in the next 10-15 years though. He's one of those people that will probably look barely any older in his 50's than he does now.

When I look at his face I can kind of see 34 and not 40-something.

When I hear him I can tell he's young. If you never saw what he looked like and only heard his voice you'd think he was in his 20's, if not late teens.

He kind of has one of those younger, underdeveloped, higher pitched voices. I kind of do too, which is why many people mistake me for a woman over the phone and sometimes in drive thru's over the speaker.
Yeah, I thought he was 10 years older at a minimum. I was shocked to find out otherwise.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Zetterlund is pointless in 4 games for the Sharks. Thought he would get hyped to be going to a new team that will give him more playing time. Kind of suprised he is pointless in 4 games. I'm sure San Jose not being good certainly doesn't help right now.
dude must be absolutely miserable going from the only organization he’s ever known, on the verge of going from perennial bottom feeder to potential contender, to another bottom-feeding team on the brink of a nasty rebuild.

And i think we all like Zetterlund, but we know he’s not a gamebreaking talent. He got some really good opportunities in New Jersey and still put up less than .5 ppg this year. He’s in a rough spot and i hope the team and fanbase give him a chance to show his value.

Wait this dude is 34?
1DE07794-190B-4B08-AEA2-F33DAEA4E464.jpeg

i refuse to believe it. I’m a Seravalli birther now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
dude must be absolutely miserable going from the only organization he’s ever known, on the verge of going from perennial bottom feeder to potential contender, to another bottom-feeding team on the brink of a nasty rebuild.

And i think we all like Zetterlund, but we know he’s not a gamebreaking talent. He got some really good opportunities in New Jersey and still put up less than .5 ppg this year. He’s in a rough spot and i hope the team and fanbase give him a chance to show his value.

Wait this dude is 34? View attachment 664878

i refuse to believe it. I’m a Seravalli birther now.
You can see in that photo that his face really doesn't look all that old. I don't know how recent that picture is, but his face really don't look old. I'd love to see what he looked like in high school. He must have been half gray by 18-20 years old, because he's 80% gray in that picture. You can see there's some color left on top.

There's another dude on NHLN/MLBN that's got a lot of gray, though not as much as him. He barely looks 30 years old, but he's probably more than half gray already.

I found him! He's name is Stephen Nelson. He apparently turns 34 tomorrow. He looks way too young to be that gray, but it happens at a young age.

Speaking of gray, I saw Sheldon Keefe was the youngest head coach in the league. I thought he was late 40's, but apparently he's born in 1980. I may have been letting his mostly completely head of gray hair influence that a little bit. He doesn't really look 47-48. I think I was letting all that gray fool me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's what I said. He looks older than Patrick Kane's Jfresh card.
Is this a joke about Patrick Kane's grades and ratings on that card? Or did he legit look old in it? I don't think Patrick Kane looks that old. He's still got a younger look about him, at least I think so. Toews has definitely aged quite a bit in the last few years though. His hair is receding now. the face has got some miles. I remember he looked as young as Jack Hughes or Dawson Mercer looks now only like 10 years ago.

The oldest looking player in the NHL to me is Antti Raanta. He's got some mileage on him and it's A LOT. All the other Finnish guys look way younger than him. Even Pekka Rinne looks years younger than him, despite being I think about 7 years older than him? Rask looks way younger. Craig Anderson, who IS the oldest player in the league looks way younger than Rinne does. He's been a hiney head for 15 years, but he's way younger looking than Raanta.

With Joe Thornton being out of the league now it's definitely Raanta. He's ROUGH looking for 33.

Beard or clean shaven, Thornton looks close to 50, but he already looked late 20's when he was 18 when he was drafted.

Zach Parise looks young to me still. He's aging pretty well, same with Sidney Crosby.

Ovechkin doesn't look old, but he's a guy that's pretty damn gray now. He's probably catching up to Frank in gray hair.

Remember Drew Miller? Dude was like 28 and full head of gray hair. His older brother Ryan was not visibly gray, but he did look like he was graying quite a bit at his number retirement about a month or two ago.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Is this a joke about Patrick Kane's grades and ratings on that card? Or did he legit look old in it? I don't think Patrick Kane looks that old. He's still got a younger look about him, at least I think so. Toews has definitely aged quite a bit in the last few years though. His hair is receding now. the face has got some miles. I remember he looked as young as Jack Hughes or Dawson Mercer looks now only like 10 years ago.

The oldest looking player in the NHL to me is Antti Raanta. He's got some mileage on him and it's A LOT. All the other Finnish guys look way younger than him. Even Pekka Rinne looks years younger than him, despite being I think about 7 years older than him? Rask looks way younger. Craig Anderson, who IS the oldest player in the league looks way younger than Rinne does. He's been a hiney head for 15 years, but he's way younger looking than Raanta.

With Joe Thornton being out of the league now it's definitely Raanta. He's ROUGH looking for 33.

Beard or clean shaven, Thornton looks close to 50, but he already looked late 20's when he was 18 when he was drafted.

Zach Parise looks young to me still. He's aging pretty well, same with Sidney Crosby.

Ovechkin doesn't look old, but he's a guy that's pretty damn gray now. He's probably catching up to Frank in gray hair.

Remember Drew Miller? Dude was like 28 and full head of gray hair. His older brother Ryan was not visibly gray, but he did look like he was graying quite a bit at his number retirement about a month or two ago.

He's starting to show his age a bit in the face but it was a joke about how the numbers make it look like he's 50.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I see more in by beard than anywhere else. There’s a little bit of salt on the head. Probably a decent amount on the sides, which I buzz off to a zero every couple of weeks, because that’s just how I style my hair. There’s some gray pieces on top which I leave an inch or two on, but not that noticeable.

My beard is gonna be like Santa Claus for the playoffs.

I remember freaking out about the few pieces here and there in my 2012 playoff beard. I bet my chin is like 80% gray now.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I see more in by beard than anywhere else. There’s a little bit of salt on the head. Probably a decent amount on the sides, which I buzz off to a zero every couple of weeks, because that’s just how I style my hair. There’s some gray pieces on top which I leave an inch or two on, but not that noticeable.

I remember freaking out about the few pieces here and there in my 2012 playoff beard. I bet my chin is like 80% gray now.
Man I feel bad for you old people. Do you need someone to chew your food for you and do you need a Boy Scout to help you across the street?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Be happy you still have hair on your head. I'm 38 and I finally gave up and started shaving my head like 2 years ago because I was thinning so badly on top. Although it's basically migrated since I never had facial hair when I had hair on my head and now I have a beard with nothing on top. I am annoyed that white hairs keep popping up in my beard. They're at the corners by my mouth too so its going to look really interesting in a few years with a red beard and white at the corners.

And in case anybody was wondering I'm slightly inebriated right now and I tend to overshare when I've been drinking. And no, it wasn' t tonight's game that drove me to it, I just needed it after a long day at work.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Be happy you still have hair on your head. I'm 38 and I finally gave up and started shaving my head like 2 years ago because I was thinning so badly on top. Although it's basically migrated since I never had facial hair when I had hair on my head and now I have a beard with nothing on top. I am annoyed that white hairs keep popping up in my beard. They're at the corners by my mouth too so its going to look really interesting in a few years with a red beard and white at the corners.

And in case anybody was wondering I'm slightly inebriated right now and I tend to overshare when I've been drinking. And no, it wasn' t tonight's game that drove me to it, I just needed it after a long day at work.
I have a white patch on the left side of my beard that I am not a big fan of. Never thought of dying my hair, but the irregularity in the beard has made me consider it(though I likely won't).

The ever increasing grey's on the noggin have led me to say I'm "approaching 50" as opposed to just saying 47. I like the idea of people thinking I look young for my age.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I have a white patch on the left side of my beard that I am not a big fan of. Never thought of dying my hair, but the irregularity in the beard has made me consider it(though I likely won't).

The ever increasing grey's on the noggin have led me to say I'm "approaching 50" as opposed to just saying 47. I like the idea of people thinking I look young for my age.
Shaving the beard will take 10 years off your look :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad