Post-Game Talk: Devils 3, Pens 1 - Party on Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Those Pens bandwagoners just listen to what those idiots Steggy and Errey say and assume they're right.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
There is no trap whatsoever. What is "boring" with the Devils now is that they really do pinch hard and thus the other team does not manage to get a breakout with any speed. Even worse is that the pinching is backed up by a forward that covers up so it's not even that risky. They always use safe boards to win territory though, I personally love that but hey, it's frustrating for the other team. They are patient and they have good goalies. DeBoer looks like a genius right now with every freakin move he is making. Hard not to be a little excited but I think some slow starters (Rangers unfortunately) will come around and it's all about the playoffs at the end. We will see.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
They keep showing this Connor McDavid kid with Lemieux and Crosby. Sign of things to come?

They can't possibly tank again, but would Bettman approve a trade of Paul Martin to whatever team finishes last for the #1 pick?

By 2015, Malkin will have walked for a bigger payday elsewhere, Crosby will be attending games drooling in the owner's box with no memory of how he got there, Fleury will have deteriorated to Steve Mason levels of suck and been traded to the new Nordiques franchise for their first round pick, the Penguins will miss the playoffs and get the first two picks in the 2015 draft.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
By 2015, Malkin will have walked for a bigger payday elsewhere, Crosby will be attending games drooling in the owner's box with no memory of how he got there, Fleury will have deteriorated to Steve Mason levels of suck and been traded to the new Nordiques franchise for their first round pick, the Penguins will miss the playoffs and get the first two picks in the 2015 draft.

The funniest thing I have heard in a while. Thank you

DevilChuk*

If we assume the goal is to get >55 points for the playoffs...

in 25% of the season, we have 35% of the points needed!

this start makes it so a slump later doesn't destroy us. we can go something completely non-impressive like 15-15-6 and likely still get in.

kiwidevil

Read the first 5 pages of the Pens PGT when they beat us 5-1. Not one mention of the trap.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I don't normally like looking at opponents post game threads, particularly when the Devils have beaten them... but I saw a lot of praise for the coaching and the solid positional play of both forwards and defensemen from Penguins fans.

Of course there's some trap comments... but have you read this board when the Devils lose?

Let ignorance be ignorant and be happy with the win.
Snatching victory from certified defeat is a lot more fun than worrying about a bunch of whiners ;)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Read the first 5 pages of the Pens PGT when they beat us 5-1. Not one mention of the trap.

That's cause we weren't playing the trap or else we wouldn't have given up 5 goals!:sarcasm:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The pens would play the trap if they were competent enough to execute it. They just aren't good enough to play it.

The thing that kills me is the talk that the Devils suck and only win because of the system. That's just such a completely assanine mentality that it makes me question whether they know anything at all about hockey.

DevilChuk*

I don't normally like looking at opponents post game threads, particularly when the Devils have beaten them... but I saw a lot of praise for the coaching and the solid positional play of both forwards and defensemen from Penguins fans.

Of course there's some trap comments... but have you read this board when the Devils lose?

Let ignorance be ignorant and be happy with the win.
Snatching victory from certified defeat is a lot more fun than worrying about a bunch of whiners ;)

When does that happen?

:sarcasm:

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Another sweet win agains a division riva. What's there more to say about Moose that hasn't been said?! Nothing. He's the best backup in the league no question about it.

But we need Zajac to break out of his prolonged slump. The guy just signed a contract that pays him $6 million per year, we can't have him not scoring goals and points for us, no matter how well he plays defensively.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
another game, another kovy goal from the left side. but hey, we're winning; better keep him on the right

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Let them call it a trap all they want, I don't give a single ****. To win means everything to me and their tears are delicious.

GM17*

Halifax has a lot of Pens fans obviously and my Twitter had a couple crying about the Devils being boring. Simple reply is 'losing is boring'.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
One thing I hate about the NHL.....the Devils have arguably the worst roster of any team in the Atlantic team, yet continually are at the top of the division. Great system, but I also think they get away with teams other teams do not because of their system and style of play
Translated=

One thing I hate about the NHL= There are lots of things to hate about the NHL especially this year, yet this post points to the lowly potato farmers.

Worst roster in the NHL=We don't have the FACE of the NHL on our team that the Media slobbers over.

Consistently on top=Team play genius its never been about one player.+ Marty=Consistently on top

Great system=Why the hell cant our team figure it out with all our great players that the NHL keeps telling us we have.

We get away with things other teams don't= Most laughable of all the refs like the Devils over other teams. Have you checked our record with refs and the NHL.

No other reason for our team loss blame refs and NHL. Oh Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad