Post-Game Talk: Devils 3, Pens 1 - Party on Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Saw this Bylsma quote:

"I think this team may be different than what's traditionally talked about with the Devils," Bylsma said. "We had some scoring chances, we had some opportunities, but the thing they did really well was played in the offensive zone and extended shifts in the offensive zone. ... They did a good job of taking away opportunities for us to get things going by playing in the offensive zone, and we spent a lot of our energy playing defense."

Followed by Pens fans *****ing about the trap, ****ing morons.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
At what point do people start questioning Parise's wisdom in leaving a team that clearly would have been heavy favorites to win the cup if he stuck around. I see nothing from the Wild thay would suggest they are anywhere near a cup run in the near future.

I think we all started questioning that as soon as we heard Minnesota was a serious contender to sign him. It was especially crazy given we didn't miss the playoffs or get bumped off early. The promise of being the "golden home boy" and more money than you can spend just somehow managed to fog up his head along with Dad's vicarious desires.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Will he be here for awhile, though? We all know Lou's penchant/modus operandi on this in the past for giving the heave-ho without warning. :(

DeBoer will be here for a while. A run to the Cup Final is worth a few years of credit.

At what point do people start questioning Parise's wisdom in leaving a team that clearly would have been heavy favorites to win the cup if he stuck around. I see nothing from the Wild thay would suggest they are anywhere near a cup run in the near future.

Hopefully we win the Cup this year, bookending his career with the Devils with Cups, and everyone brands him an idiot immediately.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Saw this Bylsma quote:

"I think this team may be different than what's traditionally talked about with the Devils," Bylsma said. "We had some scoring chances, we had some opportunities, but the thing they did really well was played in the offensive zone and extended shifts in the offensive zone. ... They did a good job of taking away opportunities for us to get things going by playing in the offensive zone, and we spent a lot of our energy playing defense."

justh wanted to thay i love dan bylmthma. justh a great coach, theems like a good guy.

seriously though, hes pretty great. he was handed a stacked team, but that doesnt mean dick. he's the only reason why i dont mind the penguins as much as i probably should.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Talent wise, this Devils team is far from the best they ever iced, but this may be the best I've seen a group of individuals play as a team. It's still early, however, if they continue playing like a well oiled machine, they have as good a chance of any team in the east of going to the finals and I could see them winning this one.

Also can't wait for Zub to return, I know Barch will stick up for his team, but when his line gets pinned by the other teams first line, I cringe.

Last edited:

apice3*

kovy should be a right winger. Where he scores from is irrelevant. The position only matters on d. Dont know how many times that neds to be explained before people get it.

If kovy starts scoring on 2v1s from the slot, should he move to center?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Pittsburgh and their fans can cry all they want about the Devils trapping, however, I can cry about their blatant interference and I don't recall a team that clutches and grabs as much as they do.

It's really not my business what people post, but we should give it rest when it comes to Zach. I like the guy, wish he was still here, but he's not and he isn't coming back, I wish him well. Now it's time to turn the page, this group at the moment has something special going. It hurt that he left, but he chose mom & dad, home, Suter & 90 million.

Last edited:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Saw this Bylsma quote:

It is kind of funny that the Pens fans complaining about the trap are completely disregarding what their own coach has said. Bylsma definitely has a good hockey mind.

kovy should be a right winger. Where he scores from is irrelevant. The position only matters on d. Dont know how many times that neds to be explained before people get it.

Coming in on the rush, Kovy crosses the blue line wherever he wants to, regardless of what his official position is. I'm pretty sure Matteau's instructions are to just get the hell out of his way and take the opposite wing, and it seems to be working.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It is kind of funny that the Pens fans complaining about the trap are completely disregarding what their own coach has said. Bylsma definitely has a good hockey mind.

Coming in on the rush, Kovy crosses the blue line wherever he wants to, regardless of what his official position is. I'm pretty sure Matteau's instructions are to just get the hell out of his way and take the opposite wing, and it seems to be working.

1175271969.jpg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

good point. lets keep him where he hasn't scored one goal yet this year, and hope that he finds ice occasionally on the left where he's scored EVERY goal this year (minus the penalty shot). sound logic

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

QUOTE]

Excellent observation.

The negative talk about the Devils from any team's fanbase or people in the media is a mixture of sour grapes, trying to tarnish the Devils "brand" and mostly uninformed hockey minds.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I got slightly bitter stares from Pens fans walking around campus in my Kovy jersey today.
3PqKOj6.jpg

Pft, angry they couldn't wear their Crosby or Malkin jerseys?

It's like every Penguins fan owns either a Crosby, Malkin, Letang, or a new "old jersey" Lemieux. No diversity...although I did see an ASHAM jersey on saturday...some old guy was wearing it and it was too small for him haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad