Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 - Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilChuk*

Kovalchuk with Zajac seems to be a problem? It hasn't seemed to work out anytime they've tried it?

Huh? I think Kovy and Zajac work very well together.. it's really the LW that is hurting that line even strength.

When Kovy and Zajac are out PKing together, they almost assuredly get at least one 2 on 1.. which Kovy usually tries to force to Zajac and is broken up.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Kovalchuk with Zajac seems to be a problem? It hasn't seemed to work out anytime they've tried it?

Edit: need another digger on the line I think?
Kovy with Zajac and Palmieri worked great, if you'll recall. I actually do tend to think that Zajac and Kovy work better with Kovy on the left, because Zajac is a right-handed shot. For that reason I kinda want to see Henrique and Kovy together again, since I'd like to keep Kovy on the right, it makes him a better all-around player.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Funny how the criticism blast the Devils though. Not a coincidence and a politician isn't going to hurt his publicity...

The criticism clearly blasts both the city and the Prudential Center. It in no way says the blame is solely on the Devils.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kovy with Zajac and Palmieri worked great, if you'll recall. I actually do tend to think that Zajac and Kovy work better with Kovy on the left, because Zajac is a right-handed shot. For that reason I kinda want to see Henrique and Kovy together again, since I'd like to keep Kovy on the right, it makes him a better all-around player.

But it seems without that grinding forward Kovalchuk and Zajac by themselves aren't ideal.

It's almost like you need Zajac and player X to do the dirty work and find Kovalchuk. I don't know, but it appears to me that Zajac is most effective off of a cycle and Kovalchuk is just not good in the cycle.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Edit: need another digger on the line I think?

Didn't seem to work with Henrique with Kovy and Zajac with Elias and Clarkson either. IDK Zajac is just in a bit of a funk I think.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Didn't seem to work with Henrique with Kovy and Zajac with Elias and Clarkson either. IDK Zajac is just in a bit of a funk I think.

Scoring funk. He's been fine elsewhere, but at the same time, he's whiffed on some open nets.

I'm not opposed to putting Henrique on the left wing whe everyone's healthy. Eventually we are going to see Loktionov, maybe he can play 2C well and we get a long term look at Henrique at 1LW

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Booker retweets everything. There was also this:
So great. #GoDevils! RT @LilBlueDucky: announcers on NJD game praising the crews for clearing the roads!

Welcome and thanks. RT @04RedVette: Came from Scranton for the Penguins game. Fabulous job on the roads!

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
Everyone seems to think Kovy and Zajac are in a funk. With Zajac I think this is true, but with Kovy--he gets points, or is a factor in every game. Today was a blessing with an absurd amount of PP opportunities (seriously 10 PPs, whoa), where Kovy can really dictate from the point. What is so awesome about the Devils is the contributions they get from every player in the line-up. Clarkson/Bernier set up awesome screens down front, while random players pick-up the goals. Today having guys like Butler (who's been great in Albany) and Matteau score is what makes the Devils a great team. Production can come from anyone at any time. These guys are playing as a team, which makes them dangerous, every game.
Did anyone else have a weird/painful flashback when Matteau scored? I was surprised Lou kept the kid after 5 games. Nice for him to get his 1st.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
tumblr_mhz523Ryc31r1axvjo1_500.gif

Kovy, Clarky and Carter were killing me.

I didn't realize at first that Greene made a pass to Matteau, I thought it was a blocked shot that went to him.

Greene always brings dat offense against the Penguins.

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
I didn't realize at first that Greene made a pass to Matteau, I thought it was a blocked shot that went to him.

It's beautiful to watch a PP like that Tick-Tac-Toe. Kovy-Greene-Matteau. The point men know when to just put a shot on net and try and get a greasy Clarkson/Bernier rebound goal, and when they have a good passing lane open they take it and make it look easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad