Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 - Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyrmidon

Mar 5, 2011
New Haven, CT
box score has bernier at even in +/-. I disagree, he was on the ice for the 2nd two goals, and in front of fleury. boy did good in front of the net from what i saw (i overslept the game!!!). How else was he, though i heard CBCG was damn good today, as usual

You don't get a plus rating for being on the ice during PP goals.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
is there a timeframe for Zubrus's return? I'd like to see a Zubrus-Josefson-Butler 3rd line.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Crosby is a piece of ****. You'd think someone like him would avoid the elbows to the head but I guess not.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
The devils are 1st in the east which is awesome.... but I think this team can be so much better than what they've displayed so far. I hope Lou makes those classic Lou tweaks this season.
It might be impolitic of me, but I hope the Devils are slumping going into the trade deadline.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Barch is a goon but it's great to see that he also can play hockey.

I keep my fingers crossed Loktionov fits into the system, on paper I'm drooling over a Josefson-Loktionov-Butler line.

Greene is playing his best hockey of his career. Legit 1st pairing defence-man.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There were a lot of powerplays. Larsson, for silly reasons, doesn't get any PP time.

Well you can't exactly take Kovy off the point, or Greene with the way he's piling them up lately. Zidlicky's the only guy you could conceivably take off the PP but if he's not running the PP then what use is he in general?

And anyway, the last two periods the PP was the best it's been since the days of Slava Fetisov running it (behind the bench).

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They are a forward away IMO. Iginla would be perfect. Don't know if they have the pieces to get him though.

I don't know that it has to be a major move? Those classic Lou moves always look inconsequential at the moment but pay major dividends later.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Only reason we won is because we bought off the refs guys, come on...

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I really really really really liked the Kovalchuk-Greene(or Zidlicky)-Butler umbrella PP setup. Please more of this.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It's pretty obvious, Matteau and Kovalchuk aren't puck possession players, Zajac needs help cycling the puck there coz the 1st line still spends too little time in the o-zone. It's all good for the moment but Matteau must not be on the 1st line for the playoffs.

The better option, a rental top 6 winger. No need to sell the farm at the deadline when Lou will have plenty of cap space to go after one in the off-season.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur: "That's all the work I do in the summer, quick feet and all that stuff. Did you see that dancing?"

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's pretty obvious, Matteau and Kovalchuk aren't puck possession players, Zajac needs help cycling the puck there coz the 1st line still spends too little time in the o-zone. It's all good for the moment but Matteau must not be on the 1st line for the playoffs.

The better option, a rental top 6 winger. No need to sell the farm at the deadline when Lou will have plenty of cap space to go after one in the off-season.

Mason Raymond.

:nod:

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
The NHLN recap of the game is AWFUL. The analyst sounds super depressed to talk about the Devils scoring, and says that Clarkson was taking a run at Crosby. What a tool.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
Only reason we won is because we bought off the refs guys, come on...

ref's trunk leaving the Rock:
5fVrfJu.jpg

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know that it has to be a major move? Those classic Lou moves always look inconsequential at the moment but pay major dividends later.
What do you think about adding Jagr?

Personally, my top choice is still Tomas Kopecky, although that's factoring in quality of play and probable player availability. Kulemin would be preferable, but I doubt he gets traded.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur: "That's all the work I do in the summer, quick feet and all that stuff. Did you see that dancing?"

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
NJ 3, Pit 1. Lou Lamoriello for president. Amazing how Devils bleed stars every year and just keep contending.

DevilChuk*

When Zubrus is back, one of Matteau, Lotkinov or Butler is sitting.. Another top 6 winger pushes two of those three out of the line-up. Of course I would love to get a legit top 6 winger but that'd be a tough roster decision to figure out who gets to stay.

I can see Carter being the odd man out also though.. he's sort of the most unused forward on our 3rd line. Too much chemistry there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad