Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 - Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Butler seems to be good even if just for the PP. Producing even strength with Barch/Jo will be difficult though.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
I wonder if the weather made the ice surface a little better. It seemed like pucks were bouncing a lot less than normal at both ends of the ice, which obviously helped our power play.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think this team is pretty ****ing good and should be in no rush to make a change via trade. There's some chemistry in the top 6 and our defense/goaltending has been stellar so far. Tonight was a measuring stick game for this hockey club and they passed with flying colors. The Devils could do some serious damage this year if everything falls into place. The loss of Parise doesn't even hurt that bad, with the emergence of Henrique, and the obvious D for Forward trade that should be imminent, the team will have depth up front just in time for the playoffs.

Its still relatively early and I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but this team is playing like they have some unfinished business from the finals last year. And so far, it looks like this team is going to give us another awesome playoff run. Lets just hope everyone can stay healthy like they have been *knocks on wood*

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Now I'm 4-0 at the Rock. Was really fun today, too bad I'll leave tomorrow. Absolutely love to be at the games, great atmosphere and the stadium just explodes when we score (chanting "you suck" is just one of the best things ever).

I had a feeling this wouldn't end well as the Pens scored early and we weren't able to convert a lot of big chances at first. Glad that Matteau and Butler finally put one home, hope that boosts their confidence.
Personally, I'd say Barch's fight was the turning point and woke everybody up.

Marty was just amazing once again, altough I nearly had a heartattack when he went to get this stick (and the approximatly 1 minute he was without one).

Not a fan of the you suck, but the crowd gets so into it and the place gets so loud after a goal, it's so awesome to be there, like you said.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
If Jagr came at a reasonable price I would jump at the opportunity.

Kovalchuk -Zajac- Jagr would be insane. It would work.

If nothing else it would make our overtime crew absolutely deadly, 3 of the top career OT goal scorers in Elias, Kovalchuk, and Jagr.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I would jump on jagr, besides the fact that we would be called the nursing home devils more than ever I think he would gel really well with kovy...that being said the stars aren't doing poorly enough for them to unload jagr or for him to want to leave....yet

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I'd just love to see how Pens and Flyers fans would react to Jagr becoming a Devil.

Would make sense, Marty and jagr seem to have a great deal of respect for each other...would be interesting to say the least...and I don't think Lou has any ill feelings towards jagr. And it would be funny to see him play Pitts and Philly in red and black

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I love Clarkson getting physical with that weasel Crosby. See what happens when we don't go around all soft on Crosby? We dominate! I still think some guys take it easy on him compared to Malkin, but nice to see he's fair game like he should be.

apice3*

I don't know why so many people hate the "you suck" chant. I love it. Not only does it get the crowd amped, but so many opposing fans hate it. Rubs salt in the wounds.

I get more annoyed with the Rangers suck chant 15x a game when we're not playing the Rangers. It's funny the first time. The copycats get really annoying.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't know why so many people hate the "you suck" chant. I love it. Not only does it get the crowd amped, but so many opposing fans hate it. Rubs salt in the wounds.

I get more annoyed with the Rangers suck chant 15x a game when we're not playing the Rangers. It's funny the first time. The copycats get really annoying.

You should be praising your team, not mocking the other team in a way that, from the perspective of someone who doesn't know the chant, seems like youre actually mocking your own.

apice3*

I'm pretty sure everyone in the arena understands who the chant is towards. I don't think Matteau scored tonight and wondered why 17,000 people think he sucks at hockey.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
For all the **** we give our goons, today Barch made a huge difference. This Engeland POS or however you spell his name I'm not going to spend time googling that guy, but he was running around with his stuff and Barch took care of it. Brilliant, and it turned the game around.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure everyone in the arena understands who the chant is towards. I don't think Matteau scored tonight and wondered why 17,000 people think he sucks at hockey.

That's why I said from the perspective of someone who doesn't know the chant. Because you had to say anyone in the arena would know it you should understand that a casual TV viewer might not understand it or think its stupid.

apice3*

That's why I said from the perspective of someone who doesn't know the chant. Because you had to say anyone in the arena would know it you should understand that a casual TV viewer might not understand it or think its stupid.

I just think it's a given. I've never heard anyone ask why the Devils fans chant that their team sucks :laugh:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
For all the **** we give our goons, today Barch made a huge difference. This Engeland POS or however you spell his name I'm not going to spend time googling that guy, but he was running around with his stuff and Barch took care of it. Brilliant, and it turned the game around.

Yeah dude. There's still a place for fighting in hockey and that was it, even though I don't put a lot of stock in the whole "energizing the team" thing. Someone needed to do something about Engelland and Bortuzzo and that fight certainly seemed to help.

Imagine if one of our players had pulled that little elbow on Crosby?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They might get it, but it does sound stupid; even if you know its not supposed to be directed at the team or player that just did something that caused the chant. It really doesn't make any sense. I, being (generally) extremely logical, find it kinda dumb.

FWIW, though, I have actually had someone ask why they were saying their own team sucks.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Barch a little bit. He should never have to be a healthy scratch in favor of Janssen. I like Cam, but sorry. It's the truth. I think Cam might be a little better fighter. Barch is definitely a way better player.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I like cam too, he's very passionate but he just can't play the game. Barch on the other hand can surprise opponents with a nice pass or a fluke scoring chance...I say drop cam and stick with Barch as our enforcer.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Now I'm 4-0 at the Rock. Was really fun today, too bad I'll leave tomorrow. Absolutely love to be at the games, great atmosphere and the stadium just explodes when we score (chanting "you suck" is just one of the best things ever)..

Uh oh, you opened up that debate again.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like cam too, he's very passionate but he just can't play the game. Barch on the other hand can surprise opponents with a nice pass or a fluke scoring chance...I say drop cam and stick with Barch as our enforcer.

That's what I think will happen. Though like I said in the other thred if Zubrus goes on LTIR, I keep having these bad thoughts Janssen will be brought back. Since Matteau will be replacing his spot in the lineup anyway.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Barch is so much better than CamJan. You can't hate 25 but Barch makes Cam useless. I just wish the guy was a better fighter. If you could mix the two it would be a perfect fourth line player.

DevilsAnimal*

Barch is so much better than CamJan. You can't hate 25 but Barch makes Cam useless. I just wish the guy was a better fighter. If you could mix the two it would be a perfect fourth line player.

They would actually make the best character guy in the league, wouldnt even need to play and he would be worth his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->