Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 - Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Wah! Frustrating game as a Pens fan, and quitely clearly the Pens players too.

You are well coached, play solid structured team defense and after the first 8-10 minutes clamped down on Bylsma stretch pass no matter what 'strategy'. When it hardly ever gives you possession in the offensive zone and you instead do very playable dump-ins against the best puck handling goalie ever, you are asking for trouble.

That said, it didn't help that forechecking and hitting D-men was disallowed. It was embarrassing that Vitale got penalties for hitting Fayne and Greene on the shoulder when they turned their upper bodies full well knowing that the hit was coming. There were no arms extended or anything, just two players who didn't want to take a hit to make a play, and instead got rewarded with PP time. What a terrible path to take for the NHL if this is the new normal.

Everything became a penalty in this one, and while the Pens players should certainly be more disciplined, the refs. killed what could otherwise be a good game.

Either way, we gotta have a more elaborate plan against that D. Just hoping that we can get the drop on you and force you into a run and gun game just doesn't cut it. Suppose we could start by getting Malkin someone who isn't a black hole like Boychuck, because he was making things happen all game.

Going for a split!

NB: I have nothing but love in my heart for Henrique. Great find he was and he is showing that it wasn't just a rookie aberration. Will be a great player if he isn't already.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All the Devils do is win. ****in rights

Canucks have been doing a pretty good job at it too! I'm a little busy on Saturday nights so that's why you didn't see me in the GDT, but I did catch the game! You'll see me on Tuesday for another stomping of the Wild!

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Canucks have been doing a pretty good job at it too! I'm a little busy on Saturday nights so that's why you didn't see me in the GDT, but I did catch the game! You'll see me on Tuesday for another stomping of the Wild!

You brought us luck! Good too see you posting on our boards, its refreshing to see people other then nuck fans cheer for us :laugh:

Back on topic..

When does Lok get called up anyone know?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You brought us luck! Good too see you posting on our boards, its refreshing to see people other then nuck fans cheer for us :laugh:

Back on topic..

When does Lok get called up anyone know?

You brought us some too, and besides I like the Nucks!

As for Loktionov we're not really sure yet. Zubrus could be going on LTIR. This would open up a spot for another forward. Could see him up soon. I hope to at least.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm really astonished that Crosby would throw an elbow to the head of another player. It is shockingly ironically moronic. That missing chromosome cousin of Lindros needs to be educated on the theories of karma.

Do you think the league will do anything about it? HA!

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
ive got a feeling itll be nothing short of spectacular :)

wow, guys. i am stunned. thanks for those words. you rule:handclap:
i am at work for the GDT since some hours now, this time it really was a challange finishing this NJ Devils Line up

give me another 30mins!!!!!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Butler seems to be good even if just for the PP. Producing even strength with Barch/Jo will be difficult though.

Funny, but I've been recently thinking: it's nice to see Butler and Bernier on the PP from time to time, but we can't have these guys as our 2nd unit.

Wrong again.

I wonder if the weather made the ice surface a little better. It seemed like pucks were bouncing a lot less than normal at both ends of the ice, which obviously helped our power play.

Don't think it was any colder then it has been for much of the season, save a couple really warm days, thus far.

I think this team is pretty ****ing good and should be in no rush to make a change via trade. There's some chemistry in the top 6 and our defense/goaltending has been stellar so far. Tonight was a measuring stick game for this hockey club and they passed with flying colors. The Devils could do some serious damage this year if everything falls into place. The loss of Parise doesn't even hurt that bad, with the emergence of Henrique, and the obvious D for Forward trade that should be imminent, the team will have depth up front just in time for the playoffs.

Its still relatively early and I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but this team is playing like they have some unfinished business from the finals last year. And so far, it looks like this team is going to give us another awesome playoff run. Lets just hope everyone can stay healthy like they have been *knocks on wood*

Well it certainly gives us the oppurtunity to make the right trade, and not just any trade.

And as long as Larsson is in the lineup on most nights(no problem rotating guys in an out in the short season) I don't mind the defensive logjam.

Not a fan of the you suck, but the crowd gets so into it and the place gets so loud after a goal, it's so awesome to be there, like you said.

Same, don't like it personally, but the crowd is into it, so whatever.

I would jump on jagr, besides the fact that we would be called the nursing home devils more than ever I think he would gel really well with kovy...that being said the stars aren't doing poorly enough for them to unload jagr or for him to want to leave....yet

Count me in on Jagr.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I'm really astonished that Crosby would throw an elbow to the head of another player. It is shockingly ironically moronic. That missing chromosome cousin of Lindros needs to be educated on the theories of karma.

Do you think the league will do anything about it? HA!

Saw that and agree you would think after what he went through, it would be the last thing he would do.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Nothing to be surprised with about Crosby throwing that elbow at Gio. Dude is weasel and always has been. The league should definitely take a look at it but they wont because he is the poster boy ***** of the league. It's clear that since he started feeling better again, his yapping and cheap shot self is back in full force.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Matteau scored the exact type of a goal I want to see him score.

I don't like Crosby but that was nothing. There is no chance in burning hell that can injure anyone.
Agreed.

The point stands though. Shouldn`t he be the prime example of a player who stays away from such behavior? Especially after what happened to him? Betcha it`ll come back to him, sooner or later. And I can`t say I`ll feel sorry for him.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Matteau scored the exact type of a goal I want to see him score.

Agreed.

The point stands though. Shouldn`t he be the prime example of a player who stays away from such behavior? Especially after what happened to him? Betcha it`ll come back to him, sooner or later. And I can`t say I`ll feel sorry for him.

I can't see it working like that. He plays the way he plays: an edgy, and at times quietly dirty game, but less so than Malkin. If I was his shrink I wouldn't tell him to try to be sweeter out there because of "karma'. It's not his game. Guy is an ass, and it's part of his strength, like it or not. Stars can't be little Wayne Gretzky-girls nowadays hiding behind goons.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Like many said in the offseason, the maturation of Henrique is going to seriously ease the pain of no Parise. They guy just has it. A complete player. A Canadian tank who won't back down from anyone. He's going to be a very good player for a long time in this league.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I can't see it working like that. He plays the way he plays: an edgy, and at times quietly dirty game, but less so than Malkin. If I was his shrink I wouldn't tell him to try to be sweeter out there because of "karma'. It's not his game. Guy is an ass, and it's part of his strength, like it or not. Stars can't be little Wayne Gretzky-girls nowadays hiding behind goons.
So he`ll end up as he deserves. We all will be saying "he had it coming" and a single **** won`t be given that day. In fact, I`ll be happy that he`s no longer in the league. His antics got old very quickly. I don`t care for superstars, or any players for that matter, who continuously put themselves or other players in danger and attempt to implement diving/acting into the game of hockey.

Just two questions remain to be answered: when and who.

I hope it`s someone like Torres. Kill two birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->