Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
oops for some reason i forgot he had 2 yrs in bing lol, thought he only had one

my point still holds though, there are people who CAN make the leap. all i'm trying to say is age/lack of experience shouldn't preclude mercer - he's just gonna have to earn it.

he was also an overager. so essentially 4 years of development.

Last edited:

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
If the three defenseman are gone before 4-6, would you trade the pick and a Kuokkanen/prospect for Matthew Tkachuk? Or whatevers necessary, maybe just the pick.

Him and Jack would be absolutely terrifying together and they have had a close relationship IIRC (The entire Hughes and Tkachuk family)

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I do wonder if teams are going to overreact to what happened between the Caps and Rangers this year. It was an ugly episode, but you can't just blow up your core because you want to own Tom Wilson some day.

I guess the rangers could overpay for Matthews Tkachuk.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I was today years old when I learned what an nft was. Ridiculous…if you want to get people to sign up and check what’s on tap, might not want to make your first item $6000

the best from their faq page on nft amazing how they are grasping for things to do with it

Once I have an NFT, what can I do with it?
  • Add it to your collection
  • Share it on social media
  • Add it to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay for use at future games
  • Earn special rewards from the New Jersey Devils
  • Unlock exclusive benefits from the team

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I was today years old when I learned what an nft was. Ridiculous…if you want to get people to sign up and check what’s on tap, might not want to make your first item $6000

NFTs have been going off for insane values.

Nifty Gateway

At least these come with season tickets or a suite for a game. :lol:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Gaudreau + 2022 5th for Mercer + 2022 2nd. You guys got cap space and need more scoring, Flames gotta tank, thoughts?

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Gaudreau + 2022 5th for Mercer + 2022 2nd. You guys got cap space and need more scoring, Flames gotta tank, thoughts?
Thatll get ripped to shreds. Mercer is our best prospect right now in terms of production, and hes heralded by every teammate and coach as a truly hard worker.

Gaudreau isnt a good fit. NJ would rather discuss Tkachuk and pay a far greater price, as itd fit the timeline and be an upgrade at the same time. Or perhaps Hanifin if they see potential there

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Nifty Gateway

LOL that does make it a bit better (although it’s definitely another way to try to hook you into sth’s) but I was too turned off by the sticker price to read the fine print

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Nifty Gateway

But if you’re a big fan of the team, have the money and are able to use the tickets then you probably already are a STH. But, admittedly, I don’t understand the appeal of the imaginary internet collector’s coin.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
But if you’re a big fan of the team, have the money and are able to use the tickets then you probably already are a STH. But, admittedly, I don’t understand the appeal of the imaginary internet collector’s coin.

It's just another way to do "hip" marketing. Every company is pushing an NFT to look cool right now

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There is a middle ground of players who can actually play and can provide sandpaper/grit/toughness/whatever is popular this week. I certainly wouldn't pass up a player of Gaudreau's caliber because he's "soft" though. I'd be more worried about his contract status as he's UFA after next season.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
If the three defenseman are gone before 4-6, would you trade the pick and a Kuokkanen/prospect for Matthew Tkachuk? Or whatevers necessary, maybe just the pick.

Him and Jack would be absolutely terrifying together and they have had a close relationship IIRC (The entire Hughes and Tkachuk family)
I'd definitely be interested but if I'm Calgary I think he's young enough to build around and I'd keep him unless they're completely tearing it down

Reactions: Guttersniped

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
There is a middle ground of players who can actually play and can provide sandpaper/grit/toughness/whatever is popular this week. I certainly wouldn't pass up a player of Gaudreau's caliber because he's "soft" though. I'd be more worried about his contract status as he's UFA after next season.
Middle ground??

giphy.gif

Reactions: MadDevil

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'd definitely be interested but if I'm Calgary I think he's young enough to build around and I'd keep him unless they're completely tearing it down
I agree and I don’t see how it would possible for them to trade Tkachuk at this draft. They can’t move their best young forward while keeping older fowards who are closer to UFA status like Gaudreau and Monahan. And I doubt they dragged Sutter out of retirement and gave him a multi-year deal to have him watch them completely gut the team for parts. Calgary isn’t a bold move team either, it’s easier for thrm to stick to the status quo. I’ll be impressed if they’re bold enough to move Johnny Hockey.

Reactions: Alex NJD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad