Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Yeah apparently they were interviewing him without permission?
Story goes he had permission but he told Yotes ownership he was just taking the interview with no intent on leaving, he lied.
He quit from the Yotes then the NCAA stuff came out and he was bared from being hired to a NHL team through 2021. It's believed his position here will be above a hockey ops role and not hired by the team directly( rumored to be some analytics director over the Devils, 76ers, CPFC ).
If he's still coming here I assume they're waiting for 2022 just to avoid any potential BS

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Everyone is increased by the same 0.2%, and the Sabres are increased by 0.3%. The percentage growth of chance is immaterial, the raw change in chance is what matters and that would literally be the same increase for all but 1 team and effectively the same for all teams.

There is no original intended odds in this case as the 3 and 4 spots will not have the same odds going forward. This is already a bespoke set of odds.
Umm what. I’ll take your word on it lol. What the hell do you do for a living ? Aeronautical engineering ? I just wrote my thesis on 4D GPS complicity data from flying weather balloons in British Columbia’s Rocky Mountain area.
I’m kidding of course as I struggle with what is now considered grade 10 math so whatever you guys are saying is waaaaayyyy above my head.

Reactions: Darkauron

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I dont know if anyone mentioned it but Severson, Smith and Blackwood all got invited to play at the WC but turned down because of injuries.

Reactions: mdj12784

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

4bosxv.png

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Usually NJ's camp is in July. Other teams have theirs in June. Maybe they don't want to wait that long with the shorter off-season.
They should do the camp in the Prudential Center ice this year and have it socially distanced so fans can attend it this summer. Cant imagine they allow fans in the practice rink. At reduced capacity its not worth it but if they can do it in the Pru Center it would be a fun event to go to for fans. Would be nice to see Hughes/Power/Clarke live.

Reactions: nugg

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
That's good news. A lot quicker than I would've expected. Am I wrong in thinking they seem to want guys playing in North America as soon as possible?

Reactions: mdj12784

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The past few years pre-COVID we would send our guys to the prospect scrimmage tournament in Buffalo, would be nice to see that again. I haven't heard anything about that happening this summer but I went to the first few of them and they were a really cool experience.

Reactions: Darkauron and HBK27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad