Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I wanted Fleury but I guess he didn’t want to come here. He’s one of the most liked players in the league and would’ve been a great mentor to Blackwood.

Oh well.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’d check VAN for Boeser’s availability if I’m Fitz after that Garland extension before I circle back for Tarasenko

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I’d check VAN for Boeser’s availability if I’m Fitz after that Garland extension before I circle back for Tarasenko

I love Boeser I just don't reastlically think they trade him. Plus even if he were available, we'd definitely have to include our 1st which I am on the fence about.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Idk where to post something like this but, what players today are like Jeff Friesen?

hes one my mothers favorite but I never got to see him play much

You missed out. Great player.

Blake Coleman has similarities.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I love Boeser I just don't reastlically think they trade him. Plus even if he were available, we'd definitely have to include our 1st which I am on the fence about.

There is no way I’m moving this years first, none. We’re still a bottom #10 team, if not bottom #5, so we would have to add the pieces we’ve talked about for even thinking about it and still, I wouldn’t do it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I wanted Fleury but I guess he didn’t want to come here. He’s one of the most liked players in the league and would’ve been a great mentor to Blackwood.

Oh well.

Seems he didn't want to go anywhere.

May not be anything personal against NJ, as he was probably trying to structure his NTC to make it as difficult as possible for Vegas to trade him.

A season ago, it appeared that Chicago was going into a rebuild, which is why they didn't offer Crawford a contract. Fleury didn't have an opportunity to update his NTC until tomorrow.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I want boeser too but honestly since the canucks are in such a giving mood these days, you kick the tires on quinn hard as f***.

I have to imagine Quinn’s a near impossible get. Jim’s an idiot but you have to think he’d try and squeeze out as much as possible if he’d even move him

Reactions: nugg

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
I have to imagine Quinn’s a near impossible get. Jim’s an idiot but you have to think he’d try and squeeze out as much as possible if he’d even move him

If we get Quinn it will be in 4 years. No chance it happens sooner.

Although I'd be more than happy to offer him a 3 year offer sheet next year that walks him straight to free agency.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Although I'd be more than happy to offer him a 3 year offer sheet next year that walks him straight to free agency.

I disagree. I think he could be had for Severson. Not saying I would do it. But they are in win now mode. Severson helps them more IMO then Quinn does right now/next season.

Now I was for this idea before but now I'm back to the wait the 4 years and then do something.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Point still stands but I doubt he signs a 1 year deal this year but a 2/3 year bridge then offer sheet the rest would be nice

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I disagree. I think he could be had for Severson. Not saying I would do it. But they are in win now mode. Severson helps them more IMO then Quinn does right now/next season.

Now I was for this idea before but now I'm back to the wait the 4 years and then do something.

He’d know we are trying to form Voltron and look for more

Reactions: Devil X
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad