Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That's a pretty old tweet, no? Guess you were just pointing out what each side wants?

It also lines up with what has been reported as recently as yesterday. They want a Krug type deal and Krug’s 6.5. Dundon sets his limits and is hard on those limits

Reactions: Nubmer6

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Teams can talk to him but no one can sign him but the Canes until Wednesday at 12pm. With teams talking to him and presenting offers, we technically should see him sign fairly quickly at the start of Free Agency but who knows… crazier things have happened.

He doesn't strike me as someone who's looking to get teams into a bidding war. Just wants fair value (and a quiet place). Hopefully it happens fast.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
giphy.gif

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
If in three years the Devils are up against the cap, that means some combination of Hughes, Smith, Bratt, Blackwood, and Sharangovich all have earned significant pay raises which means the Devils are likely a damn good team. I would sign up for that right now.

I mean...not necessarily. They could all get "potential" contracts like Nico did but not be at the point where the amount of the contract is worth it yet. Nico certainly is not a 7 million dollar player yet. Mainly talking about Smith and Jack though.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
From a couple weeks ago…

I’m not fully confident he gone, but my hopes are increasing

I mean Waddell also said there was a deadline within the next 48 hours on Saturday and they’d move on to other stuff if Hamliton wasn’t coming back. They’re clearly not hampering themselves on a Hamliton response. And judging by them offering a Krug deal and not budging I can’t see how that isn’t a good thing for NJ or any other mystery Hamliton suitor

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I just don’t see the downside of adding Tank, if the cost is super cheap, knowing we’re eating the full contract.
Again, I’m trying to come up with a single reason as to why we shouldn’t do this and I can’t find one.

Well, you indirectly mentioned it. The only downside is if the deal wasn't super cheap. Other than that, yes...there is absolutely no downside.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I have to imagine Quinn’s a near impossible get. Jim’s an idiot but you have to think he’d try and squeeze out as much as possible if he’d even move him

Him being an idiot is exactly why I think he won't trade Quinn. The smarter thing would be to try to get assets back when he can.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
For the last month or so I thought everyone here who were including Hamilton in their future lineups were crazy. I couldn't imagine he would have any interest in coming here and figured even if he didn't stay in Carolina there would be at least one GM who would manage to move some pieces to make room to give Dougie a big offer.

But at this point, I am actually starting to believe this could really happen and I'm finding that to be scary. Do not want to get my hopes up, but its getting very hard.

Wait, you thought only the posters putting Hamilton in a lineup were crazy? You are talking about the Devils section of HFBoards? And only for the last month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad