Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I disagree. I think he could be had for Severson. Not saying I would do it. But they are in win now mode. Severson helps them more IMO then Quinn does right now/next season.

Now I was for this idea before but now I'm back to the wait the 4 years and then do something.

Quinn Hughes for Damon Severson?

On what planet does that make sense?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
My hope’s have been up for like a week. They’ve gotten higher and higher. At least point I think I’d just deny reality if it doesn’t happen

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Like I said, we’ll find out tonight if he’s going back or not. He’s not leaving the extra year on the table to turn around and stay
DeAngelo is apparently working on a deal with the canes. Looking like Dougie could possibly be gone for them

pkbrux

Jul 19, 2006
NJ
For the last month or so I thought everyone here who were including Hamilton in their future lineups were crazy. I couldn't imagine he would have any interest in coming here and figured even if he didn't stay in Carolina there would be at least one GM who would manage to move some pieces to make room to give Dougie a big offer.

But at this point, I am actually starting to believe this could really happen and I'm finding that to be scary. Do not want to get my hopes up, but its getting very hard.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I won’t believe Carolina is fully out until they publicly state they’re out. Until then they can always make a last ditch offer that could change things.

Reactions: Darkauron

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
With Arizona shopping Phil Kessel around, any interest??

Definitely not first choice but I wouldnt hate it

He’s another one of those guys that needs to go to a team with structure he can compliment. Florida seems like a good choice playing with Reinhart/Bennett/Barkov/Huberdeau.

Devils still need to build that structure up front. Not add guys who need it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
For the last month or so I thought everyone here who were including Hamilton in their future lineups were crazy. I couldn't imagine he would have any interest in coming here and figured even if he didn't stay in Carolina there would be at least one GM who would manage to move some pieces to make room to give Dougie a big offer.

But at this point, I am actually starting to believe this could really happen and I'm finding that to be scary. Do not want to get my hopes up, but its getting very hard.

it comes down to: we have money. why do we have money? because our most recent GMs didn't overpay to bring in middling 30 year olds with the goal to eek out 10 more wins per season. now we're in a great position to overpay a guy like hamilton to bring him here without mortgaging the future. it's all coming together.

which is not to say i'm counting my chickens before they're hatched, but at this point all signs point to hamilton seriously considering us, at the very least.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
it comes down to: we have money. why do we have money? because our most recent GMs didn't overpay to bring in middling 30 year olds with the goal to eek out 10 more wins per season. now we're in a great position to overpay a guy like hamilton to bring him here without mortgaging the future. it's all coming together.

which is not to say i'm counting my chickens before they're hatched, but at this point all signs point to hamilton seriously considering us, at the very least.

I honestly don’t even think 9 is an overpay. The terms the issue but so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad