Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I dont watch any of the west. But i noticed that Ben Hutton played 21 mins a night with Van. Is there anyway he could pair with Subban, would he be able to handle it?

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
veselka is amazinggggggggg

ukrainian IHOP open 24/7. ooh now i want pierogies

Veselka on 2nd Ave and 9th St in the city. A 60 or 70 some-odd year old Ukrainian restaurant which was my go to drunken late night spot in my 20's.

Who knew they'd be just as good sober for lunch in my 30's?

How's Wiselka?

OK, guys. This is getting unfair to those of us who don't live in the area! :help::(:laugh:

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Big, heavy hitter that will be able to product the kids. He's a bit of a power forward though, can he maintain his style of play without Lucic'ing it up? Could we add a player like Lee without destroying our salary cap.

Those are two legitimate questions I would have I would have regarding the player. Personally I just have a bad feeling that whoever signs that contract is gonna regret it, in the same way we did with Clowe and Cammalleri.
This is were I am at with it basically. If it was a 5 year deal I would be ecstatic but that is obviously so unlikely.

Camille the Eel

Prediction opening season roster:

Hischier
Hughes
Zajac
Zacha

Hall
Palmieri
Coleman
Bratt
Wood
Anderson
Bastian
Rooney
Mcleod

Subban
Smith
Mueller
Severson
Butcher
Vatananen
Greene

Blackwood
Schneider

talented club, could be competitive, certainly will be entertaining, if well coached

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Hischier
Hughes
Zajac
Zacha

Hall
Palmieri
Coleman
Bratt
Wood
Anderson
Bastian
Rooney
Mcleod

Subban
Smith
Mueller
Severson
Butcher
Vatananen
Greene

Blackwood
Schneider

talented club, could be competitive, certainly will be entertaining, if well coached

if we go into the season with that as our forward core I will be really disappointed.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I havent seen us linked to any UFA's in the interview period, anyone else?

There was a rumor perhaps we were meeting with Panarin, I dont really buy it. But other then that no, but Ray does things on the DL. Plus outside of Nyquist i do think our targets are big enough to warrant to many rumors. Bob Panarin Myers Lee and Palveski are the big name FAs this time around and there has been ton about them.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I havent seen us linked to any UFA's in the interview period, anyone else?

No, and I'm not surprised. I don't think Ray likes shopping for overpriced middle tier players on the market. He prefers the Lovejoy, Boyle, etc. type signings where you're not committing too much in either salary or term. Maybe that'll change at some point, but I'm actually okay with it. Free agency is more often than not a bust.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I doubt we'll be in on any of the big name UFAs. A depth signing or two? Probably.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
On NHL network Tanguay said we were going all in on Anders Lee and Zucc. But who knows

Anders Lee is interesting at say a 5-6 year deal. We would have to overpay of course but he brings some size (can’t remember how much he uses it) and say 25-30 goals a year as your LW2. This allows Bratt to stay on the 1st line and gives us a nice 1-2 line punch.

Zuccarello I really have no interest in due to the size and pass 1st mentality he has compared to how the rest of our roster is already assembled.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Hischier
Hughes
Zajac
Zacha

Hall
Palmieri
Coleman
Bratt
Wood
Anderson
Bastian
Rooney
Mcleod

Subban
Smith
Mueller
Severson
Butcher
Vatananen
Greene

Blackwood
Schneider

That's with what we have NOW, thing is there is every indication that Shero has more moves and it ain't going to be minor moves either, my hunch is it will be a top 6 forward.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Yuck on Lee, that might actually kill my excitement. Zucc would be awesome.

EDIT: Had no idea Lee was that big, that is size we can use but I'm still skeptical.

Not sure why everyone is so down on Lee. He’s a leader who is wonderful In front and around the net which is something we are lacking in a major way at the moment. He’s productive and has been for a while. He’s physical which is also something we lack upfront. I get everyone might be worried about term or money but hey when you fish in FA you almost always over pay for to long that’s just the game.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Lee is exactly the type of player we're missing in our top 6. He's a bull in front of the net. One of the better players in the league in that regard. His hands in front of the net are special. He's exactly the kind of player you want finishing plays Hughes, Nico, Bratt, etc. are creating. Pulling attention with him and making room for guys like Hughes to skate.

The contract scares me a little, but as a player, I think he's a perfect fit and exactly what we're lacking. If the Isles lose out on Panarin I just can't see them letting Lee walk too, though.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I don't get some of the Anders Lee hate .. he's a high shot percent goal scorer .. over 100 the past three years. Good size .. still young. Good player, and would make a nice addition to the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad